1Lac HT Setup

If you are interested in Polk speakers , then consider RTiA 3/1/CSiA4/DSW 550i. RTiA can be easily wall mounted and certainly better than OEM 3/5. Polk speakers work very well with Denon AVR. Now your budget may shoot by few thousand rupees . Audition first and ask for discount of 12 to 15℅.
I think this would be out of my budget :( I am interested any brand within my budget :) Polk is not necessity

If you are interested in Polk speakers , then consider RTiA 3/1/CSiA4/DSW 550i. RTiA can be easily wall mounted and certainly better than OEM 3/5. Polk speakers work very well with Denon AVR. Now your budget may shoot by few thousand rupees . Audition first and ask for discount of 12 to 15℅.
I see that RTiA1(20K) is cheaper then OWM5(24K) .. is it better then OWM5 inspite of the low cost?

I have not audition OWM5 , but have audition RTiA3 and certainly it is better than OWM5. About RTiA1 just take audition and decide. Else Definitive technology Procinema 600 is also a good option as you have mentioned in the beginning ...

I have not audition OWM5 , but have audition RTiA3 and certainly it is better than OWM5. About RTiA1 just take audition and decide. Else Definitive technology Procinema 600 is also a good option as you have mentioned in the beginning ...
Forget audition I cannot even see the real thing here in Nashik:( I am thinking of visiting Mumbai for a day to audition couple of combinations
After lot of thinking I have decide to between
AVR - Denon 1400 or Yamaha 683
Speaker -
Front LR - ELAC B6/ELAC B5/Polk Audio OWM5/RTiA1
Center - ELAC c5/Polk Audio OWM5/CSIA4
Surround - Polk Audio OWM5/Polk Audio OWM3/RTiA1
Sub - ELAC Sub S10/Polk Audio PSW110/DSW PRO 550

Thinking of visiting Kripa Electronics and ProFX. Any other place where I can visit for audition?
Kind regards and thanks for all the help so far

I am using A26 as FR,FL & A225C as center in my secondary setup,
using A25 as SBR,SBL,SR,SL in primary setup.
Does its job very well.
Wall fixing is the task cos of depth

Last edited:
Forget audition I cannot even see the real thing here in Nashik:( I am thinking of visiting Mumbai for a day to audition couple of combinations
After lot of thinking I have decide to between
AVR - Denon 1400 or Yamaha 683
Speaker -
Front LR - ELAC B6/ELAC B5/Polk Audio OWM5/RTiA1
Center - ELAC c5/Polk Audio OWM5/CSIA4
Surround - Polk Audio OWM5/Polk Audio OWM3/RTiA1
Sub - ELAC Sub S10/Polk Audio PSW110/DSW PRO 550

Thinking of visiting Kripa Electronics and ProFX. Any other place where I can visit for audition?
Kind regards and thanks for all the help so far
i would recommend wooden enclosure for center channel instead of Polk OWM 5.
Most of the time your audio will be coming out from center channel in HT

If you are really looking for cheaper option than go for Boston Acoustic A26/A25/A25C...and subwoofer as per your budget...

Think u shud get over owm series. These are much inferior as compared to rti. I have heard both of these and trust me, owm is no where close to rti. Owm can serve the purpose of surround pretty well and I am considering this for it. But when it comes to f/l/c, u should be looking at following (considering ur budget):-
- rti-a3/Dali z3/elac b6 as front
- owm3 as surround.
- Dali pico vocal as center
- taga harmony sw10 subwoofer.

IMO, this will comprise of a more than satisfactory 5.1 system and most importantly, it's in ur budget.

Think u shud get over owm series. These are much inferior as compared to rti. I have heard both of these and trust me, owm is no where close to rti. Owm can serve the purpose of surround pretty well and I am considering this for it. But when it comes to f/l/c, u should be looking at following (considering ur budget):-
- owm3 as surround.

IMO, this will comprise of a more than satisfactory 5.1 system and most importantly, it's in ur budget.
I think this goes out of my budget :( My budget is 1L for AVR + Speakers
Considering
AVR - 44K
OWM3 for Surround - 14K

That leaves 42K for L, R, C and SUB
If I extend my budget by another 20K then I have 62K

One more query , can I keep the Book shelves close to the wall using some stand, shelf etc
How close?

The one reason I was liking OWM5/3 was the various mounting options
I still feel I can use OWM5/3 for surround as I dont have too much space for Bookshelf at the back, you can check the photos I attached in previous message

Thanks everyone for all the help

Regards

For a setup in a smallish living room, I would look at small wall mountable bookshelves like Boston Acoustics, Energy CB series, Dali Pico or even satellites like Morel.
I use a combination of Quad Lite fronts and Morel satellite surrounds for my 17×13 living room 7.1 setup.
Do remember to budget for speaker and other cables ☺

- owm3 as surround.

Instead of Dali Z3 can we consider Dali Z1 or ZENSOR PICO
What about Q Acoustics - Q Acoustics - 3020
The more I try to finalise the more I am getting confused with new brands/models :(

Instead of Dali Z3 can we consider Dali Z1 or ZENSOR PICO
What about Q Acoustics - Q Acoustics - 3020
The more I try to finalise the more I am getting confused with new brands/models :(

Welcome to the world of hi-fi.

Z1 are really good and so is q 3020. In the comparison between z1 and 3020, my vote goes for 3020. However, the price difference between z1 and z3 is 8-9k and hence wud recommend u go with z3. This doesn't mean that z1/3020 are bad. Nope, these are really good.

On pico front, these are smaller siblings to zensor series and can't really expect the performance to be similar to z3.

Having said that, u can consider 5 pico speakers for a 5.0 setup. However, I see that u have a longish room and hence would recommend z3 to do the front duty and pico vocal for center.

Keep in mind that speakers are ur durable companion and going to stay with you for a long time and hence invest sensibly.

Why don't u pay a visit to Mumbai and audition various setup and finally decide upon something which fits best in ur budget.

Welcome to the world of hi-fi.

Z1 are really good and so is q 3020. In the comparison between z1 and 3020, my vote goes for 3020. However, the price difference between z1 and z3 is 8-9k and hence wud recommend u go with z3. This doesn't mean that z1/3020 are bad. Nope, these are really good.

On pico front, these are smaller siblings to zensor series and can't really expect the performance to be similar to z3.

Having said that, u can consider 5 pico speakers for a 5.0 setup. However, I see that u have a longish room and hence would recommend z3 to do the front duty and pico vocal for center.

Keep in mind that speakers are ur durable companion and going to stay with you for a long time and hence invest sensibly.

Why don't u pay a visit to Mumbai and audition various setup and finally decide upon something which fits best in ur budget.
Whats the best place /area to visit in Mumbai for audtion.. if I come for a single day

First find out about dealers in Mumbai. Within a day you may visit 3 to 4 places. First make homework of your audition so that you save time. I will give you the place and dealers name ,you find out address and contact number from net. Call first before visit to get the idea about which equipments they have for audition....
Bandra...
MZ Audio - Marantz,Taga,Bostan, Moral, Pioneer
Cinebels - Klipsch, Jamo, Denon etc
Santa Cruz...
Kripa electronic - Denon, Elac, Tannoy
Onkyo sight and sound - Onkyo
Juhu next to Pruthvi theater
Stereo treandz...
Monitor Audio, B&W, Focal, Pioneer etc
Andheri...
The Shop- Wharfdel,Denon,Pardigm etc
Worli--
The Den - Various different brand
Haji Ali-
Heera panna sound out
CST-Coloba-Churchgate -
Imperial sounds
HiFi Mart
Fairdeal
Total home theater
Ghatkopar and Chembur-
Sahakar Electronic
and many more are there.....but this may be sufficient for you. First call and make
Sure about product and audition

thanks for the details.. I need to do a lot of home work before going to Mumbai :)

One more point to consider. Which speakers are good for close to wall mounting... I am planning to mount the speakers on wall using some shelves. So which speaker are preferable

Polk RTiA 3/1 can be wall mounted easily as they are front ported. Rear ported speakers need space behind to perform well .

After much reading review and research I have prepared the things for audition

AVRs
Denon AVR-X1400H
Yamaha RX-V683

Bookshelf Speakers for LR
Pioneer SP-BS22
Q Acoustics - 3020
Wharfedale Diamond 220
ELAC B6
Pork Audio OWM5
Pork Audio rtiA1
Dali Zensor 3
Dali Spektor 2
Mission - LX 2

Center Speaker
Polk Audio CSIA4
ELAC c5
Dali Zensor Pico Vokal 4.5"
Dali Zensor Vokal 5.25"
Pioneer SP-C22

Subwoofer
ELAC Sub S10
Polk Audio PSW110
Pioneer SW-8MK2

Surround
Pork Audio OWM3
Or one of the LR Book shelves

5.1 Package
Pioneer SP-PK22-BS 5.1 Bookshelf Speaker Package (Pioneer SP-BS22 - 4, Pioneer S-51W 150W Active Subwoofer - 1, Pioneer SP-C22 center)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back