1Lac HT Setup

Polk RTiA 3/1 can be wall mounted easily as they are front ported. Rear ported speakers need space behind to perform well .
Thanks for the info
Which other speakers in my list are front ported or preferable for wall placement
Bookshelf Speakers for LR
Pioneer SP-BS22
Q Acoustics - 3020
Wharfedale Diamond 220
ELAC B6
Pork Audio OWM5
Pork Audio rtiA1
Dali Zensor 3
Dali Spektor 2
Mission - LX 2

The Zensor 1 is rear ported but can very well be wall mounted. Its is a very simple wall mount on just one screw fixed in the wall. The speaker is kept away from the wall by four supplied buffers. I have a wall mounted pair in my bedroom stereo. See attached top view.
Small rear ported speakers have no issues with wall mounting.
Even my Quad Lites are rear ported.2ik4f39.jpg

Thanks for the info
. Any others speakers in my list that can be easily wall mounted??

If your preference is more for wall mounted speakers, stick to smaller BS.
Being a user of Wharfedale 220 I can say that it is slot loaded design and no rear ports. So no problem in wall mounting. But it is not a small speaker.

Hmm. Well I think i will be in a better position to decide after I see / audition the speakers

If your preference is more for wall mounted speakers, stick to smaller BS.
Being a user of Wharfedale 220 I can say that it is slot loaded design and no rear ports. So no problem in wall mounting. But it is not a small speaker.
Also are you using 220 for front LR or rear? How is the performance ? I am mainly looking for movies

Sorry for the previous message.. I checked and realised that the in-wall speakers are not meant for brick walls.. we need false wall :(

If you are looking for wall mounted speakers then I will suggest you go for Definative Technology ProCinema 600 or Paradigm CT100 5.1 speakers set up. Very good movie watching experience with nice music performance. May be within your budget. Def Tech ProCinema 600 is better than CT100 and make sure you are getting mounting assembly with speakers.

Are these better then the Polk audio OWM5 / 3 package that I mentioned previously???

Also are you using 220 for front LR or rear? How is the performance ? I am mainly looking for movies
Using 220 for front L/R. It is a musical speaker and does good job for movies too. Since it is warm sounding there is no fatigue. But if you like more sparkles for movies this may not suit.

Are these better then the Polk audio OWM5 / 3 package that I mentioned previously???
OMW3/OMW5 are made to use for surrounds. You can check the specs.
For fronts consider skip these and consider any good book shelf speakers.

Have not audition Polk OWM 3/5 so no comment, but audition Def Tech ProCinema 800 in past and very good performance. ProCinema 800 may be not in your budget so consider ProCinema 600 ( May be up to 60k)..Again make sure mounting assembly included else you will need to buy separate which will increase your budget. Usually Polk, JBL have mounting assembly included.

Thanks for the further help
I received some quotations, mainly for Polk
Here are various combination that I am thinking
1) Polk OWM 5 - LCR and sorround, Polk Audio PSW110 - 63K
2) Polk OWM 5 (LCR), Polk OWM3 (Surround),Emotiva BasX S10 - 68K
3) RTiA3 (LR), Polk Audio CSi A4 Polk OWM3 (Surroound) Polk Audio PSW110 - 64K
4) RTIA3(LR), Polk Audio CSi A4, Polk OWM3 (Surround), Emotiva BasX S10 - 76K (too high)

More quotation coming tommorrow
Regards
Ajjaykummar

Consider option 4 if u can stretch a bit. M sure u will b happy in the long run. Else option 3 which is in ur budget and not bad either. The only weak link would be the subwoofer as u have a longish room.

For option 3 can we replace the sub with some other within that budget e.g. Pioneer S-51W 150W Active Subwoofer

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back