1st Stereo setup for around ₹50000

@tuff It was nice meeting you too!
Such a nice setup up you have.
And thank you so much for the speaker stands. Now finally the tweeters are at my ear level. And the SQ has changed a lot compared to earlier when the speakers were on the wooden bench.

I also managed to organise cables. Bought 1.5 inch wide wire concealer (hardware stores have their own lingo; casing, capping or simply a patti).
Cut to measure and painted it with the same colour that’s on my walls. Had to apply 3 coats to hide flaws as I was painting for the first time.
Then I installed it using 3M adhesive strips to avoid the screw business and damage to the walls.
Now I feel the amp and speakers look like they’re home.
Check out the photos below.
I just need to figure out the kind of sand that I should put in the stands. I’m pretty afraid that my house maid, who’s quite clumsy might just knock the speakers over.
Shall also change the colour of speaker stands at a later time so they blend with the house rather than being very conspicuous.

Cheers!
Nice and modest setup :) I'm also thinking of buying a pair of stand now :D

Congrats on your purchase. Since you like music & movies 50 : 50, would suggest you to go for a nice subwoofer whenever your budget would permit. It will take your enjoyment to another level since the Zensor 1 won't be able to give you full range bass owing to its small size.
Thank you!
When I bought this setup. I thought I’d need a subwoofer for movies.
But I generally play around with speaker placement and it has served the purpose.

Thank you!
When I bought this setup. I thought I’d need a subwoofer for movies.
But I generally play around with speaker placement and it has served the purpose.

Most welcome, if you are happy then that sorts it :). But for movies the bookshelves will not be able to play the low frequencie effects. Like you even I have the same size Dali Oberon 1 with similar specs as your Zensor 1 . They are very good for music. But I felt it was lacking in low end owing to their size but already had a subwoofer & that made a huge difference for movies & music.

Last edited:
Most welcome, if you are happy then that sorts it :). But for movies the bookshelves will not be able to play the low frequencie effects. Like you even I have the same size Dali Oberon 1 with similar specs as your Zensor 1 . They are very good for music. But I felt it was lacking in low end owing to their size but already had a subwoofer & that made a huge difference for movies & music.
I know what you mean.
Also, my room is also pretty small (typical for Bombay 1BHK) and don’t want to piss off neighbours!
My next purchase will be a good source. Maybe a turntable or DAC.

Hey,
If you're looking for a standalone DAC, I have an MHDT Havana. Very musical.
Shoot me a pm if you're interested

Hey,
If you're looking for a standalone DAC, I have an MHDT Havana. Very musical.
Shoot me a pm if you're interested
Thanks for the offer, but I have a feeling this is going to be beyond my (undecided) budget, as it retailed for around $900.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back