1st Stereo setup for around ₹50000

It’s a Yoga block made out of cork.
Just to raise the height.
Don’t know about the isolation and all.
Not experienced in that zone yet.
They make world of difference. Experienced it very recently when I introduced spikes to my Tannoys.
You can buy here if you are in a hurry: HFM . If you want it cheap and can wait for 3-4 weeks, you can get them from AliExpress. There was a recent sale where i got 2 sets for about 2K

They make world of difference. Experienced it very recently when I introduced spikes to my Tannoys.
You can buy here if you are in a hurry: HFM . If you want it cheap and can wait for 3-4 weeks, you can get them from AliExpress. There was a recent sale where i got 2 sets for about 2K
Thanks for the links!
HiFiMart ones look nice.
AliExpress link doesn’t work though (screenshot attached)

I’m looking forward to buying speaker stands in the next 6 months or so.
Will get a rack to house my amp and turntable and speakers on its either sides on stands.

Do you think we should use spikes while using speaker stands, or it doesn’t matter?

Attachments

• DFF4A67E-F885-4E87-8671-1671243225C2.png
    DFF4A67E-F885-4E87-8671-1671243225C2.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 16
For cable management, try any of the MX Cable organizers from Amazon.in. The 28mm one should work for all your cables.

Thanks for the links!
HiFiMart ones look nice.
AliExpress link doesn’t work though (screenshot attached)

I’m looking forward to buying speaker stands in the next 6 months or so.
Will get a rack to house my amp and turntable and speakers on its either sides on stands.

Do you think we should use spikes while using speaker stands, or it doesn’t matter?
revised link: ALi Express

Some stands have provision to have spikes on speakers and some don't. I would be scared to put spikes on top plate of stands just because the speakers become more vulnerable to topple!!! Good stands have spikes at the bottom plate and sand filling would ensure proper decoupling. Nothing to worry if you are going for stands.
Here's a pic of mine:

Attachments

• IMG-20190417-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190417-WA0007.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20190415-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190415-WA0005.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20190415-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190415-WA0004.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 76
Hey @saketgyani , As you stay in Mumbai, i have a pair of soundfoundations stands that i am not using anymore, I can give it for dirt cheap if you'd like. PM me if interested. I wanted to put it up for sale but the shipping to outstations is a pain and would not bee worth for any buyer.

revised link: ALi Express

Some stands have provision to have spikes on speakers and some don't. I would be scared to put spikes on top plate of stands just because the speakers become more vulnerable to topple!!! Good stands have spikes at the bottom plate and sand filling would ensure proper decoupling. Nothing to worry if you are going for stands.
Here's a pic of mine:
Thank you for the advice!
I think I’ll buy stands when I buy a stereo rack (furniture) along with a turn table.
Though the Ali Express thing is tempting for now till I get stands.
Will post again when I buy either of them.
Cheers!

Yeah, I was thinking about buying the same product.
Do you use the same one?

I have a bunch of them around the house in grey, black and light blue. Depending on the wall color. It's super efficient and really tidies things up. Of the course the best way is to call an urban clap or regular electrician home and put a wide wire channel to run all of them down. It'll match your walls too. If you want to see how I use them, head over to my post of my setup. :)

I have a bunch of them around the house in grey, black and light blue. Depending on the wall color. It's super efficient and really tidies things up. Of the course the best way is to call an urban clap or regular electrician home and put a wide wire channel to run all of them down. It'll match your walls too. If you want to see how I use them, head over to my post of my setup. :)
You’ve got such a neatly done up system!
I shall do something about the cables soon.
Cheers!

if you want to try out cheap isolation, suggest you to buy 4 bouncing ball. ( Bouncing Ball ).
cut each in half, and use it as feet for speaker. Bouncing ball cost like 20 rs. each. No harm in trying.

For cable management, you can use Cable Sleeve
AmazonBasics Cable Sleeve - Velcro, 60-Inch, Black

I use above one, it really liked it.
Hehe!
Crazy balls for isolation is another example of the great Indian jugaad!
Too cool!
Worth trying indeed!
The cable sleeves look nice but I guess they’re dust magnets. What do you think?

Hehe!
Crazy balls for isolation is another example of the great Indian jugaad!
Too cool!
Worth trying indeed!
The cable sleeves look nice but I guess they’re dust magnets. What do you think?
Sleeves I am using it for 15 days only, however Yes, I think they are dust magnets, but washable.

We Indian loves jugaad: enjoy music Karle Jugaad Karle Video Song Fukrey Movie :)

@saketgyani It was nice meeting you. And am glad you ended up with a good system starting off. Hope you got the speakers on the stands. Do post a pic when you get the time.

@tuff It was nice meeting you too!
Such a nice setup up you have.
And thank you so much for the speaker stands. Now finally the tweeters are at my ear level. And the SQ has changed a lot compared to earlier when the speakers were on the wooden bench.

I also managed to organise cables. Bought 1.5 inch wide wire concealer (hardware stores have their own lingo; casing, capping or simply a patti).
Cut to measure and painted it with the same colour that’s on my walls. Had to apply 3 coats to hide flaws as I was painting for the first time.
Then I installed it using 3M adhesive strips to avoid the screw business and damage to the walls.
Now I feel the amp and speakers look like they’re home.
Check out the photos below.
I just need to figure out the kind of sand that I should put in the stands. I’m pretty afraid that my house maid, who’s quite clumsy might just knock the speakers over.
Shall also change the colour of speaker stands at a later time so they blend with the house rather than being very conspicuous.

Cheers!

Attachments

• BCFF2A82-E1C5-4184-AD7A-56939BD5C7DE.jpeg
    BCFF2A82-E1C5-4184-AD7A-56939BD5C7DE.jpeg
    881.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 64DB63E0-320B-448D-BF93-7A7D42DC8029.jpeg
    64DB63E0-320B-448D-BF93-7A7D42DC8029.jpeg
    834.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 96E3B038-CDCB-495E-BBEB-9ADF92292446.jpeg
    96E3B038-CDCB-495E-BBEB-9ADF92292446.jpeg
    767.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 6C875872-EA53-4874-B519-F2FE16C0F1B7.jpeg
    6C875872-EA53-4874-B519-F2FE16C0F1B7.jpeg
    847.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 368604B6-FB20-44BE-86B0-FB04445DC34D.jpeg
    368604B6-FB20-44BE-86B0-FB04445DC34D.jpeg
    893.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1E7C26AE-F532-4E73-BD17-1B1F15070DC7.jpeg
    1E7C26AE-F532-4E73-BD17-1B1F15070DC7.jpeg
    748.8 KB · Views: 100
And thank you so much for the speaker stands. Now finally the tweeters are at my ear level. And the SQ has changed a lot compared to earlier when the speakers were on the wooden bench.

I also managed to organise cables. Bought 1.5 inch wide wire concealer (hardware stores have their own lingo; casing, capping or simply a patti).
Cut to measure and painted it with the same colour that’s on my walls. Had to apply 3 coats to hide flaws as I was painting for the first time.
Then I installed it using 3M adhesive strips to avoid the screw business and damage to the walls.
I just need to figure out the kind of sand that I should put in the stands. I’m pretty afraid that my house maid, who’s quite clumsy might just knock the speakers over.
Shall also change the colour of speaker stands at a later time so they blend with the house rather than being very conspicuous.

Cheers!

Neat setup......

Looking good. One suggestion i may add is to go to an aquarium store and pick up gravel which is not as fine as sand, so it is easier to clean up in case some of it spills over. Enjoy it.

Cheers!

Your setup looking very neat now
Hope you have a great time with the Dali Zensors :)

Looking good. One suggestion i may add is to go to an aquarium store and pick up gravel which is not as fine as sand, so it is easier to clean up in case some of it spills over. Enjoy it.
Good idea. Thanks man.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back