2.0 speakers for TV for crisp and clear dialogues. Help me!

It's recommended to go ahead with LCR , where center channel play a major role for dialogues. If you need high bass go ahead with tower or add subwoofer to the setup.

If you want simple and easy setup go with soundbars
Bose soundbar is good one for crisp dialogs -- its expensive , and their low end is lacking.
Also you can check any Sound bars (preferably atmos enabled , if you need it).

Another option is to look for powered monitors.
JBL-LSR305MK2.jpg

The dedicated 5.2.1 or 5.4.1 systems will be always great to have, Since they sound better + their separation is great and like move theater experience.

If you want simple and easy setup go with soundbars
Bose soundbar is good one for crisp dialogs -- its expensive , and their low end is lacking.
Also you can check any Sound bars (preferably atmos enabled , if you need it).

Another option is to look for powered monitors.
JBL-LSR305MK2.jpg

The dedicated 5.2.1 or 5.4.1 systems will be always great to have, Since they sound better + their separation is great and like move theater experience.
I auditioned couple of soundbars but I didn't like the sound from them. Vocals were muffled while watching Movies and Series. Background music overshadowed the vocals. I had to pump up the volume to over 50-60% to actually able to hear the dialogs clearly. Not very impressive soundstage to be honest.

Which powered monitors would you recommend?

I auditioned couple of soundbars but I didn't like the sound from them. Vocals were muffled while watching Movies and Series. Background music overshadowed the vocals. I had to pump up the volume to over 50-60% to actually able to hear the dialogs clearly. Not very impressive soundstage to be honest.

Which powered monitors would you recommend?

whats your budget ?. You can look for JBL Studio monitors..

I'm looking for speakers around the size of bookshelf and under 10k
To run the speakers you need to buy a good amplifier or AV receiver.

Basic AVR starts at 30K
Average bookshelf speaker starts at 20k
Center speaker starts at 18k
Rear or surround starts at 10k
subwoofer start from 20k

These things will give you complete sound, it's up to you how you can keep your budget.

You can start with Left right and center speakers with a good AVR then you can upgrade others.

Before that, you can go with an audition with local vendors like hifimart and discuss with them so they will give you a detailed idea.

At that budget your best bet is multimedia speakers or powered monitors. Edifiers seem to be out of stock on most models. You can check JBL 104 which is on sale in flipkart right now. You can also take a look at logitech Z623 or Z625 which are really good for movies. Also explore Swans speaker models available on amazon and hifinage. I think there is discount running for couple of models on hifinage.

I'm looking for speakers around the size of bookshelf and under 10k
Check out Panasonic HT30. For 5k it's an amazing speaker system. Highs are clean and clear and the bass really strong.

I use the HT20 which is almost 5-6 years old now and sounds absolutely amazing. HT30 is better and more powerful.

MaSh

For this external 2.0 won't solve your problem. Background Music/Noise will always overpower dialogues and only a proper 3.1 or 5.1 system with dedicated center channel can help.

yeah I think that completely makes sense. Any good recommendation for a 3.1 setup?

yeah I think that completely makes sense. Any good recommendation for a 3.1 setup?
Sorry, no experience with 3.1 set up. Even I've been contemplating either a good soundbar with surrounds or AVR+Speaker combo. But these things definitely will cost 30K+. There are cheaper soundabars around 15K with 5.1 speaker set-up but they don't seem to be Dolby/DTS certified so not sure on channel separation.

For this external 2.0 won't solve your problem. Background Music/Noise will always overpower dialogues and only a proper 3.1 or 5.1 system with dedicated center channel can help.
Not sure why you say that. On theory, having a dedicated centre channel should be better but that is not the case always. I have a LG HTIB which i bought after listening side by side with models from Sony, philips and few more brands. I also have multiple stereo set-ups along the way. There is definitely no thumb rule, some of them provided dialogue clarity better than the 5.1. It depends on the content, source and the components themselves. At the given budget, a quality 2.1 or 2.0 options mentioned above would do better job than ultra budget 5.1 in my opinion.

It depends on the content,
You've answered yourself. :)
My response to OP was specific to his content - which is generally encoded for 5.1 channels nowadays.
Apart from that, based on my personal experience from couple of models of Sony Bravia TVs combined with Digital Out connected to full blown 2.0 set-up or to simple Swan Studio monitors. And these set-ups have very good emphasis on vocals when I play stereo content and but don't fare well when it comes to movies/series.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back