2.0 speakers from US?

swame_sp

Hello,

My first post here.

I'm on a short stint to US. I would like to buy a 2.0 speakers setup for my laptop. Mainly used for music listening or may be connected to use with my guitar as well. I'm planning to buy sub in India later. So only a 2.0 setup is required now.

Feel free to mention the brand that I should look for in US.

Appreciate any help on this regard.

Swame Welcome to the forum!

From the very limited knowledge of spkrs for computers that I may possess, would suggest you look for Harmon Kardon. Look up their US website and then do a search on Amazon or visit shops to listen to them.

For 2.0 speakers voltage is not an issue. I suggest you first decide your budget since the choices are huge. What is the size of your listening room?

Yeah mainly active powered speakers. Not sure if it can be termed as active monitors.

I was looking at A2, AV40, A5 and Bx5a. How about the other brands that have good support in India? My friend bought AV40 which rocked for first week and then the left speaker blew upon him.

So I'm skeptical to buy AV40, may be bx5a. Nothing has been decided. Any idea about the Swan speakers?

Yeah mainly active powered speakers. Not sure if it can be termed as active monitors.

I was looking at A2, AV40, A5 and Bx5a. How about the other brands that have good support in India? My friend bought AV40 which rocked for first week and then the left speaker blew upon him.

So I'm skeptical to buy AV40, may be bx5a. Nothing has been decided. Any idea about the Swan speakers?

Swan has very good reviews. My younger brother, based at Atlanta, recently bought a pair of active bookshelves for himself. And he is very impressed. Says that they are better than Audioengine (...no debates on this pl, its his personal opinion). You can safely give them a try.. better if you are able to audition before purchasing.

I dont know if you have considered Klipsch Promedia? My son had one for about 4 years before upgrading to something else and was quite happy with them.

My budget is less than 300$. I finalized KRK Rokit 5s or Bx5a as they are within my budget and they are not heavy as well. Should be within 13-15Kg when putting them in my check in bag.

The other reason is these two supports dual voltage 110v and 220v without any special adapter. That's a major plus. So I'm not choosing Swan. I was more looking at studio monitors variety to be used while mixing live music (which i do once in a while to rarely). How about the support of M-audio products in india? What do you guys suggest KRK or M-Audio? Adam-Audio, B&W, Genelac, Mackie were all ruled out cause they are way out of my budget.

I bought my M-Audio AV040 on a trip to Singapore. When I went in the shop there was a pair of speakers playing, which I thought were just superb. They were KRKs. I do not know which model, but they were much bigger than my budget or baggage allowed. Of course, I still feel I want them!

I heard A2s are comparatively a downgrade from AV40. I have settled with Bx5a from M-Audio (though I was skeptical about their performance with AV40), the salesperson said he is using it for couple of years now and have had no issues.

It is also compact compared to KRK rokit5 and vx series. So I have got them. Thanks everybody for their suggestions. Any fw or USB interface for recording the songs? Which brand should I look for? $200 is the budget and 2-3 inputs will be a great help.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back