2.1 Altec Lansing Speakers

viking69

Hi I am looking for 2.1 Altec Lansing Speakers for my DVD . Please suggest the model . It should be at least 100W RMS . Thanks.

Hi I am looking for 2.1 Altec Lansing Speakers for my DVD . Please suggest the model . It should be at least 100W RMS . Thanks.

Check out the Altec Lansing MX-5021 speakers (2.1 setup). I have it and it just rocks. Not sure about the Power rating (100W RMS??). It is universally acclaimed and THX certified

Check out the Altec Lansing MX-5021 speakers (2.1 setup). I have it and it just rocks. Not sure about the Power rating (100W RMS??). It is universally acclaimed and THX certified

Yup! - Its an amazing product. If on a budget, get the ATP3 - I truly love what it does for the price.

But of course the 5021 will be much much louder,and better, too!

Last edited:
Hey, The MX 5021 is a great piece of art. I owned 1 for the last 1 year and now I ve got 2 of them, 1 for my room and the other for my sister. It totally rocks, and above all it was rated with a 5 star in each of the reviews i,ve read.
The sub is rated at 50 watts and the satellites are both 20 watts each with a total of 90 RMS. It is THX certified and priced at Rs. 8000 +/- 500. My room is 20X18 foot, they perform exceptionally well and I never have to increase the volume more than half, and even at full volume the speakers retain their sound quality.
The satellites are crystal clear with every detail and the sub wont disappoint you either, it is better felt than heard. Probably theres not a single deal out there which can match these speakers at this price.

Cheers. Go ahead and get one for yourself, I assure you..... You wont regret buying these amazing speakers

Are you going to be only listening to music on the DVDP? If movies too then a 5.1 system would be a better deal. I got myself a Creative Inspire T6060 for under 4K and they do a great job for music and movies.

Hey, The MX 5021 is a great piece of art. I owned 1 for the last 1 year and now I ve got 2 of them, 1 for my room and the other for my sister. It totally rocks, and above all it was rated with a 5 star in each of the reviews i,ve read.
The sub is rated at 50 watts and the satellites are both 20 watts each with a total of 90 RMS. It is THX certified and priced at Rs. 8000 +/- 500. My room is 20X18 foot, they perform exceptionally well and I never have to increase the volume more than half, and even at full volume the speakers retain their sound quality.
The satellites are crystal clear with every detail and the sub wont disappoint you either, it is better felt than heard. Probably theres not a single deal out there which can match these speakers at this price.

Cheers. Go ahead and get one for yourself, I assure you..... You wont regret buying these amazing speakers

Q1: With which source you are using it? I did see in the altec site, that this can be connected to TV too!!! Is it so?

Q2: When hooked it up with DVD/CD player does it play enough crisp/clear for 2.1 setup? (Iam anyway not comparing with hifi 2 channel setup like CA, NAD or otherwise). But would like to know the sound quality of the same. Iam interested in carnatic classical instrumental as one of my listening list.

The sub is rated at 50 watts and the satellites are both 20 watts each with a total of 90 RMS. It is THX certified and priced at Rs. 8000 +/- 500.

Actually now you can get MX-5021 for just Rs 6000/-

i checked the prices in Chennai- Richie street

but some of the wholesale shopkeeper said that it was not in stock as there's not much demand for that.

But , certainly if you can find one for 6000/- then it's a verrry sweet deal for your pocket and ears.

I m using the MX 5021 for my laptop n its brilliant. My sisters using it for her DVD and TV its wonderful. As ive said there isnt a single deal out there which can match these speakers for their price range. Try for yourself... do u get any THX certified speakers at 8k? I dont think so, and I think ur very sure about the value of THX certified speakers (their importance in home theater esp movies).

I have owned the creative T6060, its a 5.1 system but doesnt come close to the Altec. MX 5021 is the flagship product of Altec, their only THX certified system and sounded even better than the FX 4051 which is a 5.1 system from Altec.I assure you that you will get everything you paid for with the MX 5021. Its a medium range speakers. More details - SUB 30-80 Hz, SAT - 60-120 Khz. Thats pretty impressive for their value, The creative is also rated at the same freq response but not at all comparable to the Mx 5021.

Regarding the connection it comes with a small socket with which you can connect it to your DVD, and is included in the package free of cost. Creative has a wired remote but MX 5021 has bboth wired and wireless remote too. Maybe you can try audition it to your nearest computer shop....

CHEERS

Regarding the crisp.......... yeah, it sure is crisp. It comes with an adjustable bass and treble and they perform well. For more information, the drivers are poly propyliene and a dome tweeter. ( 2 mid range and 1 tweeter for the satellite) The SUB is 6.5 inch and delivers rumbling lows.

The remarkable point of these speakers is that they are crisp and clear with no compromise in the mids. Hey.... you should watch THE TRANSFORMERS with it then would you appreciate the capability of these speakers. Especially in the scenes when the Megatrons crash in the ending fight scene....you can hear each and every single glass piece breaking... I think that would explain CRISP.

Music - theres a saying that the major weak point of multimedia speakers for music is their mid range dip.. but not with the MX. With two dedicated drivers for mid, you will hear each and every detail of your music whether it be pop, rock, instrumental or oldies(Bollywood ??? I dont know).

I listen to western songs only, n they perform exceptionally well. But one thing, the performance of these systems also depends on your room, esp its construction, but if your room is concrete.... VERY WELL.

Any more doubts??? Then maybe you can go thru the 2008 DIGIT APRIL ISSUE, where multimedia speakers are compared(maybe view it from their website). The MX 5021 scored a perfect 100 for performance and VFM, it is considered the best 2.1 system in the country and also awarded the editors choice.
Need I mention more?????

I m using the MX 5021 for my laptop n its brilliant. My sisters using it for her DVD and TV its wonderful. As ive said there isnt a single deal out there which can match these speakers for their price range. Try for yourself... do u get any THX certified speakers at 8k? I dont think so, and I think ur very sure about the value of THX certified speakers (their importance in home theater esp movies).

I have owned the creative T6060, its a 5.1 system but doesnt come close to the Altec. MX 5021 is the flagship product of Altec, their only THX certified system and sounded even better than the FX 4051 which is a 5.1 system from Altec.I assure you that you will get everything you paid for with the MX 5021. Its a medium range speakers. More details - SUB 30-80 Hz, SAT - 60-120 Khz. Thats pretty impressive for their value, The creative is also rated at the same freq response but not at all comparable to the Mx 5021.

Regarding the connection it comes with a small socket with which you can connect it to your DVD, and is included in the package free of cost. Creative has a wired remote but MX 5021 has bboth wired and wireless remote too. Maybe you can try audition it to your nearest computer shop....

CHEERS

Thanks so much for your information. Well i suppose i would now go for this product rather than wait and have enough money to buy those hifi 2 channel setup. Iam also happy to note that, it can be hooked onto the TV (just as you mentioned, your sister has done it).
I did check the thinkdigit.com but could not locate the april issue. Never mind, i had seen various good reviews on this product in other sites.
Let me take an audition (if possible) and try to see if i can get this in 6K (as other chennai member mentioned) in bangalore.

Hi.

sory, I just dont know where you can audition these products in Bangalore as I am living in Aizawl. but I can suggest you to check out RASHI PERIPHERALS if available in Bangalore, they are the importer of these speakers. Or else, you may check out any computer shops nearby since I am able to get these speakers here in Aizawl i dont think its so tough as to find 1 in your place.

If you happen to buy these speakers.......... lemme know your reviews about them at .... [email protected]

CHEERS

Thanks for the information.
Yes Rashi perhi.. is available here. I shall check the same.
Oops! I did see some bad reviews (in other sites) about the dearler/service of rashi perhipherals particularly for altech lansing products. Neverthless, i shall even fish out for other dealers here.
As you informed, if its available in your place, surely it would be available here too. Yes, once i buy, i shall ping you about the feedback.

Digit reviews are here: Amped!
and Good Vibrations
Are you looking at only Altec? Did you check out Edifier C3? Read it's also a very good alternative to MX. Advantage is it comes with it's own separate Amp in addition to SW and 2 Sat spks. Also, do check out Hercules XPS-70. It's a 5.1 system at around 7.5K.. I am yet to audition Hercules and you can give a try

I would vote for MX-5021 speakers .... I have attached MX-5021 with my Turntable and I am totally satisfied with its performance. I listen to western classical and classic rock...

Digit reviews are here: Amped!
and Good Vibrations
Are you looking at only Altec? Did you check out Edifier C3? Read it's also a very good alternative to MX. Advantage is it comes with it's own separate Amp in addition to SW and 2 Sat spks. Also, do check out Hercules XPS-70. It's a 5.1 system at around 7.5K.. I am yet to audition Hercules and you can give a try

Thanks. Let me also check out Edifier and Hercules. I found out that MX 5201 cost Rs 8990 at "Imagine" in forum mall bangalore (an email from "imagine"). I dont think i shall buy one for this MRP!!! In this forum i did see a link which i suppose mentions about the article of MX 5201 dated sometime back in 2005 or 2006 and the MRP is 7k. It's surprising to find "Imagine" retailing it for Rs 8990 even after couple of years later. Would one still buy at this price?

Thanks. Let me also check out Edifier and Hercules. I found out that MX 5201 cost Rs 8990 at "Imagine" in forum mall bangalore (an email from "imagine"). I dont think i shall buy one for this MRP!!! In this forum i did see a link which i suppose mentions about the article of MX 5201 dated sometime back in 2005 or 2006 and the MRP is 7k. It's surprising to find "Imagine" retailing it for Rs 8990 even after couple of years later. Would one still buy at this price?

sgmane

MX 5021 is available for 6,800 at You are unlikely to get them cheaper elsewhere! If they dont have it in stock they will get it for you. Very reliable - I have used them for years for all my hardware software needs.

Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics
Computerwarehouse #710, 7th Floor, Barton Centre.
Sales: +91 (80) 25586233 / 25091050 / 25091051/53 Service: +91 (80) 25091307/06
Fax: +91 (80) 25091052 Mobile: +91 9844610203 / 9901994567 / 9900267344

Please check their price list out - you will find the best possible deals for everything related to computer hardware and software!

MX5021 is a good speaker. A tad bright at the top but then you only get so much for 6.5 grand. Check SP Road for it. Should be available off the shelf at most big stores.

Oh yes. Technically the C3 sounds impressive esp with the separate amp but this thread was looking for a system with 100 RMS and the edifiers are a mere 46RMS ( 30 SUB and 8 each for the two sats), dont you think its a little too under powered compared to the MX 5021.

One more point, eventhough I havent auditioned the C 3 myself but whats the point of an 8 inch SUB with a power of 30RMS? Size does matter for a sub but quality and power also comes into count. And as per the reviews ive read, the C3 is under powered for someone looking for a 100RMS.

Anyway, audition is the best way to choose a speaker system, if you can audition the C3...........WAY TO GO

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back