2.1 sound bad in Hotstar and Primevideo

petes

I have connected headphone jack of mi box to the amplifier input (2RCA). The sound setting is changed to stereo (2.1)

The sound quality in hotstar and primevideo is very bad, specially the right and left speaker sound is very low or thin, but the subwoofer quality is good.

However, YouTube works perfect with great sound quality.

What could be the issue in hotstar and primevideo for 2.1 setup?

I have connected headphone jack of mi box to the amplifier input (2RCA). The sound setting is changed to stereo (2.1)

The sound quality in hotstar and primevideo is very bad, specially the right and left speaker sound is very low or thin, but the subwoofer quality is good.

I have the same issue, probably the lack of center speaker where all the dialogues are directed because all the streaming apps are currently giving 5.1 or atmos sound. I am trying to get a AVR for the same

I have the same issue, probably the lack of center speaker where all the dialogues are directed because all the streaming apps are currently giving 5.1 or atmos sound. I am trying to get a AVR for the same
Looks like this issue is resolved after changing the sound settings in mi box to PCM. However, I still need some time to watch and come to a conclusion.

I would suggest not to use the built in DAC of the Mi Box.

Buy a DAC. Need not be an expensive one.

- Set Mi Box output to PCM stereo (ie. 2.0).
- Connect optical output of Mi Box to DAC
- Connect analog output of DAC to amplifier RCA

I assume you have connected to your TV via HDMI.

Does your TV have an optical output ?
This is my setup actually:
Mibox HDMI output ---> Projector HDMI input
Mibox 3.5 output ---> Amplifier L/R input (Philips LX700 amp with optical input but without HDMI)

What best I can do?

Edit: Correction in I/O

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back