Looking for a 2.1 system < 40K.

Googix

Just got a 65 inch OLED TV and my movie watching experience considering bad TV speakers as expected. Have a Edifier 1280dbs connected to my computer system. That's the most audio experience i have got. Looking for a set of speakers for my TV, came across so many things in this forum and other places.

Since I live in a rented house, don't want to go for a 5.1 setup(may be an option for the future). So looking for a 2.1 setup that would enhance my movie/youtube experience. Came across Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 and Q Acoustics M20 HD from this forum but they don't have a separate subwoofer, can this be bought later on? Would very much like to get a 2.1 under 40k. Any help appreciated.

Just got a 65 inch OLED TV and my movie watching experience considering bad TV speakers as expected. Have a Edifier 1280dbs connected to my computer system. That's the most audio experience i have got. Looking for a set of speakers for my TV, came across so many things in this forum and other places.

Since I live in a rented house, don't want to go for a 5.1 setup(may be an option for the future). So looking for a 2.1 setup that would enhance my movie/youtube experience. Came across Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 and Q Acoustics M20 HD from this forum but they don't have a separate subwoofer, can this be bought later on? Would very much like to get a 2.1 under 40k. Any help appreciated.
Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 has HDMI ARC port and you can connect to your TV and adjust volume from TV remote but you will need to add a subwoofer for movie experience which will cost you around 40-50K for decent bass. You can add an active subwoofer later.

I have my DCB41 using as desktop speakers. It's good for music without sub. not tried with TV yet.

Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 has HDMI ARC port and you can connect to your TV and adjust volume from TV remote but you will need to add a subwoofer for movie experience which will cost you around 40-50K for decent bass. You can add an active subwoofer later.

I have my DCB41 using as desktop speakers. It's good for music without sub. not tried with TV yet.
Will the sub out in DCB41 be enough to power a good subwoofer? How much does it cost usually?

Will the sub out in DCB41 be enough to power a good subwoofer? How much does it cost usually?
Sub out is not for powering a subwoofer, it is just to send low frequency audio signals. A subwoofer will come with its own amplifier if it is an active subwoofer but that will cost another 40-50k. Another way is to use passive subwoofer with external subwoofer amplifier which will cost much less and can give similar results as an expensive active subwoofer.
I would suggest rather than going for DCB41 active speakers get a Home Theater In a Box(HTIB). It has satellite speakers with subwoofer and amplifier and everything will be powered with that 5.1 amplifier. Or you can buy 5.1 amplifier along with a good center speaker with a passive subwoofer with subwoofer amplifier. As these speakers will not give good dialogues when watching 5.1 content of TV or movies. A center speaker with AVR and subwoofer shall be better than DCB41 speakers. Later on you can add front and then surround speakers.

Sub out is not for powering a subwoofer, it is just to send low frequency audio signals. A subwoofer will come with its own amplifier if it is an active subwoofer but that will cost another 40-50k. Another way is to use passive subwoofer with external subwoofer amplifier which will cost much less and can give similar results as an expensive active subwoofer.
I would suggest rather than going for DCB41 active speakers get a Home Theater In a Box(HTIB). It has satellite speakers with subwoofer and amplifier and everything will be powered with that 5.1 amplifier. Or you can buy 5.1 amplifier along with a good center speaker with a passive subwoofer with subwoofer amplifier. As these speakers will not give good dialogues when watching 5.1 content of TV or movies. A center speaker with AVR and subwoofer shall be better than DCB41 speakers. Later on you can add front and then surround speakers.
Thank you so much for the explanation. Can u suggest some good budget brands to look for or any specific product suggestion?

If movie is priority go for an HTiB or Sound Bar. Go for 2.0/2.1 if you are about seroius music listening.

If interested in HTiB, have a look at Yamaha ones.
Could u suggest some models that aren't too expensive and good?

Elac Debut ConneX DCB41
Go for this. Seems perfectly suited for your requirements. The Sub Out can be used to hook up any Active Sub later on of needed.

Another option is to use a dac with ARC input. You can feed the DAC to an integrated amp of your choice or a pair of Powered Speakers.
S.M.S.L - PS100

MaSh

I have an old Onkyo system for sale. Have not posted the add yet. Comes with satellite speakers and a subwoofer. Let me know if interested. It will be better than any sound bar. You may change the center speaker though to a bigger and better one.
Thank you so much for the explanation. Can u suggest some good budget brands to look for or any specific product suggestion?

Elac Debut ConneX DCB41
Go for this. Seems perfectly suited for your requirements. The Sub Out can be used to hook up any Active Sub later on of needed.

Another option is to use a dac with ARC input. You can feed the DAC to an integrated amp of your choice or a pair of Powered Speakers.
S.M.S.L - PS100

MaSh
So planning to get Fosi audio v3 and Q acoustics 303i. Is the DAC u mentioned good? Planning to use hdmi arc from TV and connect to the DAC and then amplifier.

So planning to get Fosi audio v3 and Q acoustics 303i. Is the DAC u mentioned good? Planning to use hdmi arc from TV and connect to the DAC and then amplifier.
Yes sounds like a good plan. Yes the DAC is actually quite good for the price you pay.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back