2.1 system vs jbl sb400

Doomcaster

Hello

Its been more than a month and finally I've resumed my hunt for either a soundbar or a 2.1 system. For the soundbar, most probably I'll be going for the JBL SB400. This can be set as a benchmark. I will get it for around 47-48k.

So my question is, are there any 2.1 systems worth considering near this price? I saw a 2.1 JBL system for around 80k. It was a bit better than the soundbar but is a bit costly.

Also is there any place in Delhi where I will be able to get and demo multiple systems? I've gone to some Croma, reliance digital but they usually have low end audio equipment.

You can get a stereo amp and speakers for that price. why sacrifice? the path to
up -gradation is much easier with separates if need be in the future. stereo will always be better than soundbars, unless space is at premium.

You can get a stereo amp and speakers for that price. why sacrifice? the path to
up -gradation is much easier with separates if need be in the future. stereo will always be better than soundbars, unless space is at premium.

Sorry for my question but won't a sub-woofer be needed too? Could you give me 1 or 2 names for the stereo amp and speakers? I am a total noob in this regard.

Check Floor standers with prices here Floorstanding
There are also others like Yamaha NS series ,Pioneer AJ series with which you might not need a sub-woofer depending on the kind of material you can listen to. also you can look at stereo amps from Yamaha, Denon ,Pioneer etc.

Alternatively you can get bookshelves and add a sub later, or see if you can stretch your budget.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

My budget will be less than 50k. Won't I need any other audio equipment with floor standers?

Could you also give me an alternative to these as I think space may be of some problem with these.

Edit- I think bookshelf speakers will be the way to go because of the space constraint.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Edit 2- I talked to my father. He is in favour of getting 2.1 system or a soundbar instead of separates. Any suggestions?

if you are going to put the speakers on both sides of the TV, and you have a space constraint, the soundbar might be a better option

for separates, you can look at the likes of wharfedale diamonds bookshelves. a step up would be the kef q300. for amps, a good budget amp would be the yamaha as200. norge amps are supposed to be good as well

i havent heard this specific sound bar, but generally im not a fan of them due to their poor sq. i've heard some good 2.1 computer audio systems - you should perhaps look at them. you will get really good ones for around 20k. what is your source and what will you be using the setup for mainly

for separates, you can look at the likes of wharfedale diamonds bookshelves. a step up would be the kef q300. for amps, a good budget amp would be the yamaha as200. norge amps are supposed to be good as well

i havent heard this specific sound bar, but generally im not a fan of them due to their poor sq. i've heard some good 2.1 computer audio systems - you should perhaps look at them. you will get really good ones for around 20k. what is your source and what will you be using the setup for mainly
I don't have a home theatre so my source will be the TV. My requirements are watching movies and listening to music only. We'll be putting this is the master bedroom and don't intend to convert it into a HT.
Also I'll be needed speakers with inbuilt Bluetooth.

you can add a Bluetooth dongle/receiver to any existing system. maybe look at powered speakers/monitors. There have builtin matched amplifiers. but remote controls are rare in case you need them for volume controls.

5.1 systems with the options provided are good while watching movies and listening music. For a true 2.1 system basic AVR +2 tower speaker would suffice. You can hear true sound.what TV is it.is it HD or UHD and what make.it all starts from there

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back