2 Speakers for 35-45K

ramusicfan

I am trying to decide on which floor standing speakers to buy within my budget of 35-45K. My room is about 300 sq.ft and usage is both music & HT.

Based on web search and prices on this forum I have shortlisted -
1. PSB alpha T
2. Polk TSi500
3. Jamo 405/6/7

Please recommend among these or any other in my budget. Please also advise on prices and place to buy in Mumbai. Thanks!

I am trying to decide on which floor standing speakers to buy within my budget of 35-45K. My room is about 300 sq.ft and usage is both music & HT.

Based on web search and prices on this forum I have shortlisted -
1. PSB alpha T
2. Polk TSi500
3. Jamo 405/6/7

Please recommend among these or any other in my budget. Please also advise on prices and place to buy in Mumbai. Thanks!

Ramusicfan,

Firstly, Welcome to Hifivision:D

Secondly, please search before posting. The thread below will have most of the info you need:
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/3332-budget-speakers-auditioned-noobs-take.html
Hope that helps.
Also do you have an AVR? Or are you about to buy one?

iaudio - Thank you for the welcome and the response.

The thread you mentioned is for under 30K budget - doesnt cover the speakers I am evaluating. I tried searching as well but not much.

I have an old AVR - Yamaha RX-V495. I plan to upgrade that once I have the cash :). The idea was to get a set of good speakers to start with. Does that make sense?

WHFBR5reviewApril07.jpg

+1 to unleash's suggestion.both highly regarded speakers,even tho btwn them my pref would be the br5.i run a pair of missions,which by no means can be discounted for the value they offer and they pair well with yam.u should be able to get good used gear as well.that said the wisdom is that u can get a great bookshelf for ur budget.if f/s specific do check out the jamo concert 'c' series,psb t45/55,acoustic energy,q-acoustics 1050i,many many more.read up on the forum,am sure ul get a ton of leads.ymmv.cheers

+1 to unleash's suggestion.both highly regarded speakers,even tho btwn them my pref would be the br5.i run a pair of missions,which by no means can be discounted for the value they offer and they pair well with yam.u should be able to get good used gear as well.that said the wisdom is that u can get a great bookshelf for ur budget.if f/s specific do check out the jamo concert 'c' series,psb t45/55,acoustic energy,q-acoustics 1050i,many many more.read up on the forum,am sure ul get a ton of leads.ymmv.cheers

Thanks rallynut. I am thinking f/s right now coz I am not getting a sub.

Any suggestions on who to approach in Mumbai?
I auditioned PSB alpha T at Lakozy. They quoted 32K for a pair of f/s. Based on other posts on the forum that sounds more than I shud be paying for them.

Focal: Read the forum rules. Until and unless you are a sponsor, you cannot promote your business here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ramusicfan,not sure of dealer base/prices in mumbai for possible auditions.hope fellow mumbaiites will help.enjoy the hunt.cheers

Thank everyone for the suggestions on the speakers.

Would anyone be able to help on which dealers/shops to approach in Mumbai - thats what I am struggling with right now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back