200W amp under $2000 ?

bluesin

Suggestions for an integrated amp (sold state / valve) under $2000? Must be available through a dealer in India.

Suggestions for an integrated amp (sold state / valve) under $2000? Must be available through a dealer in India.

I doubt if you could find many 200w/channel stereo int. amp for that price in India.

If you lower your power requirement then you can try out the following:

Creek 5350SE
Cyrus 8vs
Primare I20 or I30
Arcam A90
Musical Fidelity A 3.5
Krell KAV 400xi

You cannot buy a real good 200w/channel integrated amp for $2000.00 unless its pre-owned.

I would also like to add the Densen B-110 Integrated Amplifier to this list. I heard this amp during my travels and I fell in love with its musicality. A must audition if you are looking to buy an integrated.

I already own the Cyrus 8vs. It's output is 70W. I'm trying out a pair of Anthony Gallo Ref 3.1 speakers. The power requirement is listed as 350W. I've been told that the Cyrus goes into auto-protect beyond a certain volume when paired with the Gallos. I'm not into loud volume, but still believe that if this is indeed the case, then its sub-optimal.
What does my budget have to be for a decent 150-200W amp?
I first heard the Gallo's being driven by a 100W Vincent SV 236 (hybrid valve/ss). Sounded great! Also the Gallos are 4 and 8 Ohm impedance.

Here are some additional specs on the Gallo's (if they help):

Frequency Response: 34Hz - 35kHz +/- 3dB
Frequency Response (active bass): 22Hz - 35kHz +/- 3dB
Impedance top terminal : 4 - 8 ohms
mpedance lower terminal: 4 ohms
Sensitivity: 88 dB/1 watt/1 meter
Power Handling: 350 watts RMS
Driver: Dual 4" carbon fiber midrange drivers Custom 10" dual voice coil bass driver CDT
Tweeter: 300 dispersion 3kHz - 35kHz Midrange

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back