200w Stereo Power Amp needed for RtiA9

sambhav90

Hi folks,
I recently bought a pair of Polk RtiA9 and planned on bi amping it with Denon 3313. Due to a change, I will be using all 7 channels for driving 5ch surround in HT + 2ch Stereo in living room (zone 2). Now that I cannot bi amp the front speakers, I am looking for a power amplifier. I use this setup for movies : music 50:50 and I think a neutral amp would be best since A9 are already a bit bright.
I have seen Emotiva XPA 2 and all reviews about it say it's good but can't find any dealers in India. Also looked at Anthem but cannot decide.
Since the A9 require 50-500w, I think 200wpc @8ohm will be sufficient in my room of 12x16x8.
I want to really drive the bass drivers on A9 very well.
Please provide your valuable suggestions.
Budget is around 70k (can stretch if really needed)
Thanks!

Last edited:
That's a nice suggestion considering the price point mainly. Best thing is that I live in Indore itself and could get a home audition too :yahoo:

From a performance point of view, the amp is very good. You will need to go at least 4-5x the price to get something better.

@sambhav90: you can also look for Pulz PowerAmp. They have got very good line of pro amps starting from 35K.

Hi

I believe Yamaha has launched a new line of stereo integrated amps....there would also be other brands available in the market. The key is to keep your requirements in mind and demo as many models possible within your budget and take the right decision.

The problem here in Indore is that I cannot demo almost anything. To buy a subwoofer also, I had to go to Delhi for demo and now there are no plans of going anywhere due to my busy schedule.
Meanwhile the profx guy here is suggesting Crown or QSC amplifiers. Does anyone have some experience with them? They seem quite good at the price point (30-40k only).
I am a little worried about the vRMS thing with them but he says it won't be a problem with Denon AVR 3313.

Hi sambhav...u have kanwar in indore..that means..u r blessed with everuthing u need at one place..find him in this forum...and thats all..

I have heard a first generation Emotiva XPA5 paired with the RtiA9 extensively and it is a superb combination. I've read comments like this amplifier makes the speaker "shout" more than "sing", surely not with the RtiA9. You must audition this combination.

Emotiva sells direct. Pay though pay pal, credit card and they ship directly to you. You pay customs directly to the fed ex chap who delivers the product. The landed cost for an XPA5, 3 years ago was 60K.

I had talked to kanwar and had almost finalized an amplifier from him. But when I told my dad about it he was not convinced at all. He is interested in something that is 'branded' and won't allow me a higher budget for the 'branded' ones!
I'm in serious dilemma

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back