Power amp choice and biamp (triamp) with multi brand bookshelf

Saiganesh

Bought R700
Now paired with denon x4800....sounds decent...good lows...mids and lows texture not satisfactory

2 questions
1. Which amp
Crown 2502 vs xpa 3 vs anthem 5ch (used)
Crown is pocket friendly. Is the price for xpa justified over crown
Used anthem cheaper than xpa...but reliability and support???
NAD275 ee (used half the price of xpa)
What other options that will best suit R700.

2. Biamp (triamp)
Placed bookshelf (MA rx) above floorstanders (monitor audio silver rx6) and biamped them (meaning one channel to floor stander and other bi amped channel to bookshelf).
the sound improvement felt very good (like i have upgraded to larger speakers)...far better than biamping the floorstander themselves(thats placeboo).

After this i jumped into the idea of triamping front stage
1. Polk R700 ( rca to power amp)
2. BI Amping-Kef bookshelf
(loved q950 Mids and highs texture and their balance with its lows)-
(x4800 built in amp)
3. TRI Amping with q accoustic 3030
(x 4800 built in biamp option)

Is it possible to get desired output with above combo?...anyway to get there?

Bought R700
Now paired with denon x4800....sounds decent...good lows...mids and lows texture not satisfactory

2 questions
1. Which amp
Crown 2502 vs xpa 3 vs anthem 5ch (used)
Crown is pocket friendly. Is the price for xpa justified over crown
Used anthem cheaper than xpa...but reliability and support???
NAD275 ee (used half the price of xpa)
What other options that will best suit R700.

2. Biamp (triamp)
Placed bookshelf (MA rx) above floorstanders (monitor audio silver rx6) and biamped them (meaning one channel to floor stander and other bi amped channel to bookshelf).
the sound improvement felt very good (like i have upgraded to larger speakers)...far better than biamping the floorstander themselves(thats placeboo).

After this i jumped into the idea of triamping front stage
1. Polk R700 ( rca to power amp)
2. BI Amping-Kef bookshelf
(loved q950 Mids and highs texture and their balance with its lows)-
(x4800 built in amp)
3. TRI Amping with q accoustic 3030
(x 4800 built in biamp option)

Is it possible to get desired output with above combo?...anyway to get there?
Sorry but your above post is very very confusing :)

You've mentioned too many different speakers and too many different amps. I cant figure out what is being used where.

As regards Biamping the R700, if you are not using all the channels of the Denon, you can allocate one of the inbuilt channels to biamp, provided the R700 are used only as fronts. But honestly, unless your room is really huge, the Denon should be adequate to run the R700 to reasonable levels without signs of strain or distortion. More once you share a more clearer picture of what you are trying to accomplish here, apart from trying to confuse the others 🤣

Thanks for reading all that!
My room is 22x23x10 ( all in feet)

Not trying to biamp r700.

Now lets say we have 2 pairs of left and right through bi amp Option of x4800.

One pair to r700(as a whole) and other pair to say kef q350 or ...(any other brand)

The above is just an illustration of what m trying to do.

But what m contemplating is to use LR pre amp out of x4800 to power R700 with xpa2

And

Use denon x4800 biamp pairs to power
Q acoustic 3030(one of the bi amp power)
And
Kef q350 (with the other bi amp pair)

The road block with this scenario is I could not find option to control level of these biamp(triamp actually) individually to get the right tonal balance

From what I understand you are trying to have two different speakers for each channel?

Ideally via biamp you would use two amps to power the HF and LF of the same speaker.

Sorry still quite confused which speaker is being used in the chain and which you are trying to biamp. R700, qa3030 or kef? Which is your front and surrounds speakers ?

MaSh

From what I understand you are trying to have two different speakers for each channel?

Ideally via biamp you would use two amps to power the HF and LF of the same speaker.

Sorry still quite confused which speaker is being used in the chain and which you are trying to biamp. R700, qa3030 or kef? Which is your front and surrounds speakers ?

MaSh
I successfully bi amped 2 different speakers (not a single tower bi amp)
One is a tower - monitor audio silver rx6 and other is a bookshelf of the same line- montor audio silver (rx2 model no. i guess)
The result was really very good and really worth it (or even more)

So now i want 2 different brand speakers to be biamped to get the tonality advantage of each...so...guess m clear now.

Thanks a lot ffor sharing that... thats a lot to process. What i could understand is the need for comb filtering and the need for a single enclosure.
Thats a lot to do. I had better go with conventions. Anyway tried different brands bookshelf bi amping and the results were not what i expected.
But the array of those speakers towering along the height of the screen was not only visually gigantic but the sound field (sound stage too) was bigger....worth it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back