21% to 29% discount on Vinyl on Flipkart

hydra

There's a 21% to 29% discount on vinyl on Flipkart!

I just bought Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan in Session, Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus, John Coltrane - A Love Supreme and Shelby Lynne - Just a Little Lovin' :)

On 16th Dec I got a notification emailer from flipkart that the vinyl I had registered to be notified is now available. MRP was Rs 2639.

Listed MRP of same vinyl today: Rs 3197.

Difference: 21% hike

(3197 - 2264 which is new discounted price) = 29% discount.

Real discount = 100 x (2639 - 2264)/2639 = 14.2%

Hike MRP, then show seemingly higher discount on that hiked MRP. Nice and ethical business practice, this:rolleyes:

A lot of online resellers do this. Only way is to do some research on competing sites and with brick and mortar shops before buying!

Note from MBR: Read the forum rules and stick by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get familiar with the forum rules and start participating in various discussions. After reaching a certain count of posts, you will be permitted to open a 'for sale' thread and then you can list your vinyls there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys: Can I request the members not to encourage Spammers like "moarsky" who post for sale by providing them your emails? Report such spammers to us and lets keep HFV clean.

madbullram which probably should be read as madbull"anally retentive"ram.

you really are getting your knickers in a twist arn't you!...

i'd already said i was new to this and sorry if my one simple post has caused so much trouble in your little narrowed minded world...

i was offering my vinyl to other followers of music in all its shapes and forms.

it wasnt to break any rules but who reads the rules anyway..to be honest is it really that important.does it really matter!...no it dos'nt...

the collection i was offering has been sold now so in retrospect i wish i'd never bothered getting into this over afew old records..

spammer!...idiot!

moarsky

I had a poor understanding of the forum rules initially and was banned too for something which was not as per forum rules, but that didn't make me post such comments. Keeping up with the forum rules actually helps. I have now made many new contacts here, sold and bought things too.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back