24" LCDs in India, Best panel/deal?

noblejose

Hi I am Noble Jose from Bangalore,
I am researching on 24" FULL HD LCD TV with PC connectivity in 20K.

Here are my shortlisted ones:
Benq 24" MK 2432 = 16,650
AOC 24" V24T = 16,000
LG 23" M237WA = 15,650

These are the ebay prices including shipping. Any new Models on any brand?

Benq is my favorite, and is it worth going with a lesser size 22" LED one in the same price range? ( LEDs might better in image quality know?). I am looking for TV function and I have to connect to my Laptop, Latitude D820. Standard 24" LCDs coming around 12-14K, is it ok if I buy that with an external TV tuner? but most of them are only upto 1680x1050. I feel the built-in TV tuner will be better.

Will we get a better bargain in SP Road? or any other electronic streets in Bangalore?
any thoughts? inputs? please,
Thanks guys.

AOC -using it for 2months ,very good
There are some issues with LG colour rendering -reported in many forums
BENQ may be good but AFAIK does not have analogue tuner.check it.so that you cannot connect Antenna directly and it needs a STB.( if you check BenQ India - Consumer Electronics was imp for me so (wanted to use as second TV connected to cable) opted for AOC.

Ebay prices are high. Go for bwworld if pricesare right

https://bwindia.net/content/monitor-cum-tv-aoc-v24t-24-inch-remote

Rs 12460 is far better .I opted for v22t ( 22 Inch) for 11450 ( what I remember) In mumbai v24t last was 13.5 K.

BTW wall mounting not included. Also retailers do not understand what is dual display ( PCMonitor cum TV) so ask by model no

Chk if bwworld price. Post your purchase after buying..

Last edited:
with a budget of 20k you can go in for a proper 26" LCD TV, which will be HD READY (but at this size resolution hardly matters)

These are the ebay prices including shipping. Any new Models on any brand?

Benq is my favorite, and is it worth going with a lesser size 22" LED one in the same price range? ( LEDs might better in image quality know?).

Samsung had a model but discontinued.

For such small size LED is over kill IMHO

I am looking for TV function and I have to connect to my Laptop, Latitude D820. Standard 24" LCDs coming around 12-14K, is it ok if I buy that with an external TV tuner? but most of them are only upto 1680x1050.

I never like ext TV tuners ..also there are 2 power supplies ( TV and Tuner) .Also many low priced monitors does not have HDMI ,componant or composite ports ( Some mid priced have DVI ,you need additional DVD-HDMI converter ) Now half of the time my wife was supposed to use it so ease of use was prime consideration...

one downside is AOCs remote codes I am not etting...

with a budget of 20k you can go in for a proper 26" LCD TV, which will be HD READY (but at this size resolution hardly matters)

shredder I was told that TV cannot be good monitor. Now i was old times and do not know current status.But I thought that most of the small LCD TV's are equipped with VGA ( PC) port ,and STILL THERE IS NEED FOR SPECIALTY DEVICES ,THESE DEVICES "MAY" BE BETTER IN BOTH ( TV & MONITOR) ASPECTS.

I myselt think the logic is foolish ,but I paid the premium. frankly never tested any small LCD's but I am happy wiith AOC's performance:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Hemant

I am using a BENQ 24" full HD LCD connected to TATA Sky HD box by Hdmi. Audio out of the box is connected to stereo amp for sound.

Awesome PQ, particularly in HD channels

sridhar

Hi Hemant,
thanks for quick replay! and thanks a ton for guiding me to Binary World!! their prices are awesome!
Now I am stuck in between AOC v24T (12,460) and Benq MK2432 (13,545). Any suggetions? anyone else have any of these products? please leave your comments,
thanks, this forum is really cool :)

Benq should be better as their displays are highly raved about.
also mass market support and ass should be better as ( my perceived ) sale is better
( Reads any first hand expereinces ?)

ONLY ISSUE - As I told Benq DOES NOT have analougue tuner.that is it DO NOT have RF ( Normal antenna plug)
NOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING any SET TOP BOX ,or cable box analogue tuner is not important as you can connect external box by composite,componant or HDMI .
For me I splitted my normal cable and used the RF ( Plug) so went for AOC..also my budget was upto 10-10.5 K ---just stretched a bit!

BTW please let us know whether binary world prices are right or there is some catch . also let me know shipping charges to mumbai...

OK. in that sense, can I go with just Monitor, which will be much cheaper than TVs. Anyway, I will be using SET TOP BOX (I hope that one of the output from STB will support monitor) and STB has remote; i can connect to 2.1 amp for audio.
I have read that Benq LED monitor V2400 Eco is very good one. or any other LED monitors in 15K range?. Don't have clear idea about the price. but can I go directly with an LED + SET TOP BOX setup?

OK. in that sense, can I go with just Monitor, which will be much cheaper than TVs. Anyway, I will be using SET TOP BOX (I hope that one of the output from STB will support monitor) and STB has remote; i can connect to 2.1 amp for audio.
I have read that Benq LED monitor V2400 Eco is very good one. or any other LED monitors in 15K range?. Don't have clear idea about the price. but can I go directly with an LED + SET TOP BOX setup?

Yes -technically ,but what i have seen many monitors have just VGA port some with VGA + DVI Port and few with VGA + HDMI port.
DVI -HDMI conversion is possible ( Please confirm)
Many basic set top boxes come with Composite connector , some with Componanat and modern one ( all HD One) with HDMI
So I never encountered LCD comp. monitor with Composite and Componant connections so I opted for AOC

btw noble ,i am not related with aoc :)
there was limited choice and i was lokking for analougue tuner so chose AOC
In fact my big lcd is LG ,quality and after sales was good.
So check LG too ( if you get a demo and able to fiddle it!)

AOC -using it for 2months ,very good
There are some issues with LG colour rendering -reported in many forums
BENQ may be good but AFAIK does not have analogue tuner.check it.so that you cannot connect Antenna directly and it needs a STB.( if you check BenQ India - Consumer Electronics was imp for me so (wanted to use as second TV connected to cable) opted for AOC.

Ebay prices are high. Go for bwworld if pricesare right

https://bwindia.net/content/monitor-cum-tv-aoc-v24t-24-inch-remote

Rs 12460 is far better .I opted for v22t ( 22 Inch) for 11450 ( what I remember) In mumbai v24t last was 13.5 K.

BTW wall mounting not included. Also retailers do not understand what is dual display ( PCMonitor cum TV) so ask by model no

Chk if bwworld price. Post your purchase after buying..

I'm a new to this forum and after reading about BWworld of Bangalore, couldn't control myself from sharing my experience with you all, especially with you dear Hament.
May I ask you why Bwworld insist for membership before you get to know the price of the item. Most of you must have notice when you visit the link provided above by Hament, you got to fill all personal details & sign up! in this case its 24" AOC monitor TV? Why like any other online selling portal, the prices are not displayed? He's a CHEAT, a FRAUD. He's there to make a kill. Getting genuine names & address with all contact details couldn't be easier than this. In the name of economy mode of shipping he would later ask you awesome amount.
I'm a retd. Air Force officer, senior citizen and a law graduate. I placed an order with BWW. On 7 Aug.'10, for 22" Acer LCD Monitor P225HQ (BWW product code 4093) for Rs. 6464/- plus VAT 5% - Rs. 324/-. The Shipping mode was economical hence - add later - approve - pay. This Cheat has nowhere on his site mentioned that its only a proposal from the BWW AND not (R) not an order. He later wrote me that price of monitor has increased by Rs. 450/- and therefore the cost will be Rs. 6914/- plus VAT Rs. 346/-. And to top his 'greed' he asked Rs. 600/- towards eco. shipping from Bangalore to New Delhi.
Here, I would like to enlighten my youngsters that all these online selling companies have a tie up with a courier company which invariably offer flat rate shipping. For big items like printers & monitors its app. Rs. 90/- to 120/-. For smaller items like motherboard, CPUs, RAMs and graphic cards etc its app. Rs.30/- to Rs. 60/- These are charges are for shipping by surface! Thats what is economical mode. But then, friends, its not by Transport trucks. Its normally by cheapest mode of transportation in India - yes! you guessed it right! its by Train - mail/express passenger trains. Here too the bulk shipping system with special tariff from Rlys. The packet reaches almost 3rd day from any metro to any Metro. And thereafter by surface transport. In any case one can get shipment to a remotest destination within 7 days. Thats it.
If Rs. 600/- is a economical mode then what would be best mode.
Lets come back to main point. BWW had no right to increase the price after accepting the order for Rs. 6464/- plus Tax. Suppose the price had gone down - which we all have seen all these years especially in computers & Peripherals, then had this guy reduced the price? NEVER! He'll say he had already bought it at higher price before the decrease.
When I wrote him and admonished him he threatened me of filling a defamation case against me. Poor chap! He's still not aware that not only I'm a retd. Air Force officer but a law graduate too. I was compelled to make a complaint to Commissioner of Police and VAT department at Bangalore to check his business activities and his VAT registration. People like him can sell all the data pertaining to the visitors/customers. Most of these SOHO online sellers do not even have proper VAT registration. eBay is full of such sellers who do not issue proper Tax invoice for sale outside their state. As a matter of fact no courier company can accept any commercial shipment without propewr tax invoice. Please note that retail invoice is for local sale and not for interstate sales. Without proper invoice no court can entertain your complaint - not even a consumer court where you don't need a lawyer to plead your case.
Do you all agree that BWW acted malafide to arbitrary increase the price by Rs. 450/-? What had happen if the price had gone down? Do you also agree that charging Rs. 600/- towards economical mode of shipping is a fraud on customer?
I will prove that! Pl visit bitfang.com You'll see all prices which are inclusive of VAT. And not like BWW where prices are exclusive of taxes but then its not even mentioned that "tax extra" - another proof of his being a cheat. For shipping, you'll be offered various option including "By surface" and against each option the exact charges are mentioned. For shipping by surface - for a LCD (or LED) monitor the charges are Rs. 150/- only. It was earlier Rs. 123/- AOC V24T is being offered for Rs. 13910/- by bitfang.com and shipping is Rs. 150/- only That way its still cheaper than BWWs 12460 + 600 that comes to 16460/- And I'm not sure that price of 12460/- is inclusive of VAT or not.
I bought one after the other, 2 Brother AIO printers; DCP 195C, weighing almost 10 Kgs and paid Rs 4700/- incl tax and Rs. 123/- for shipping by surface - for each printer. At New Delhi this printer was being sold at premium price of Rs. 6000 and above - because of refilling cartridges set.

Now about the requirement of our friend. I recently bought AOC 2236VW monitor for Rs. 7000 + 5% from cost 2 cost computers, Nehru Place New Delhi. It prices are the cheapest in this Asia's biggest IT Hub! Its a value for money. With 21.5" viewable area its cheapest & the best monitor money can buy. Then; when TV tuner is attached to a monitor its treated as TV; the tax rate goes up from 5% to 12.5% and warranty goes down to one year from 3 years. I don't know about AOC V24T as its not available in Delhi. Not even with company's' HO at Gurgaon which is hardly 20 Kms and part of NCR. The huge price difference - almost double than the cost of 22" AOC does not make much sense. One can buy a external TV tuner costing Rs. 900/- But then its individual choice. The prices will definitely go down - we all know. I remember having purchased my first PC in 1995 - a 486DX with 4MB RAM and 540 Mb HDD and a Microtek 14" BW DigiSync monitor All for Rs. 32,000/- In 1998 I bought HP 1X CD writer for Rs. 22,000/- I still have that alongwith proper bill.
To me it was strange that price of 22" Acer increased all of a sudden by Rs. 450/-. It could be that BWW must have thought why a customer from proper New Delhi is buying from him. It was most unethical & unfair business practice.

Last not the least to all my new friends. Anything you buy online and pay using any mode of payment, is protected under Consumer Protection Act 1986. You dont have to file a complaint in the sellers city. You can approach the nearest Consumer Court to your residence and file a complaint. Just type your complaint (even hand written in local language is also acceptable), attach Rs. 100/- postal order as court fees That's all.
You can PM me for any help regarding your online purchase dispute - absolutely free help!

Dear Moderators,
Please, please for the sake of these youngsters, mostly who spend their parents hard earned money purchasing online, do not delete my reply I had just submitted and which has to meet your approval.
I had posted the two screen shots on Image shack, of the 2 Invoices of Binary World, Bangalore, as a proof of his fraud & cheating. Let my young generations knows the bitter facts of the so called lower prices of Bworld of Bangalore. In these screen shots my full details are mentioned. I wish I could add them with my reply to this thread but then I'm still learning things.

Last edited:
Hi Hemant,
thanks for quick replay! and thanks a ton for guiding me to Binary World!! their prices are awesome!
Now I am stuck in between AOC v24T (12,460) and Benq MK2432 (13,545). Any suggetions? anyone else have any of these products? please leave your comments,
thanks, this forum is really cool :)

Please try BitFang.com - IT is better here and you'll get AOC v24T just for Rs. 13910/- Tax Paid and shipping would be only Rs. 150/- Therefore just compare the total cost of Binary World with that of Bitfang.com, Mumbai:eek:hyeah:

Dear Moderators,
Please, please for the sake of these youngsters, mostly who spend their parents hard earned money purchasing online, do not delete my reply I had just submitted and which has to meet your approval.
I had posted the two screen shots on Image shack, of the 2 Invoices of Binary World, Bangalore, as a proof of his fraud & cheating. Let my young generations knows the bitter facts of the so called lower prices of Bworld of Bangalore. In these screen shots my full details are mentioned. I wish I could add them with my reply to this thread but then I'm still learning things.

Hi Can you elobrate more on the incident? also imageshank links please? From your brief post I am unable to understand what happened.
I myself found Bworld prices very low ....but not ready for shipping and I needed a test of display ,so did not opted
Please help everyone

Do you all agree that BWW acted malafide to arbitrary increase the price by Rs. 450/-? What had happen if the price had gone down? Do you also agree that charging Rs. 600/- towards economical mode of shipping is a fraud on customer?

Thanks Sir ..I was not able to see the post.
BTW my suggestion about BWW was a suggestion. AS I SAID I DID NOT HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE. I bought my stuff from Lamington Rd ,where I know how to shop and I know some guys so I try to extract best rates.
And I cannot trust online retailers shipping skills so unless very special getting monitor shipped is out of question.

BTW are you sure these guys use railways? I mean any industry sources. As for electronic items most of the manufacturers and big distributors AVOID railways. as the material neds to be offloaded and reloaded in trains ,sometimes at multiple points and invariably breaks. Leat that was my expereince with Onida and Ingram where I worked. So I am surprised to know usage of railwys

I recently bought AOC 2236VW monitor for Rs. 7000 + 5% from cost 2 cost computers, Nehru Place New Delhi. It prices are the cheapest in this Asia's biggest IT Hub! Its a value for money. With 21.5" viewable area its cheapest & the best monitor money can buy. Then; when TV tuner is attached to a monitor its treated as TV; the tax rate goes up from 5% to 12.5% and warranty goes down to one year from 3 years. I don't know about AOC V24T as its not available in Delhi. Not even with company's' HO at Gurgaon which is hardly 20 Kms and part of NCR. The huge price difference - almost double than the cost of 22" AOC does not make much sense. One can buy a external TV tuner costing Rs. 900/- But then its individual choice.

Is Rs 900 Tuner can take HDMI ,Componant ,S Video Inputs? I think very few can take S video that's it.
I considered AOC 2236VW BUT

For HDMI ( My WDTV ) I needed additional converter DVD to HDMI , that also would have solved my Video issue ,what about audio?
So some speakers and fixing it on the wall. Again when attaching WDTV ( which I take from one room to other)--also many or most PC speakers do not have Source selection.

So what is bill of materials

LCD - 7350
Tuner - 900
HDMI DVI Converer- 400
Speakers - 1000
-----
Total 9650
Add Cables,fixing and it is around 10K
This " setup" cannot e hung on wall.
CANNOT TAKE FROM ONE ROOM TO OTHER!

Now for 11450 I Got
One box conveneince
HDMI,Componant,Composite and S Video Input
"Audible" Speakers
All in one box . Jut swich on change mode and you can watch analougue cable ,stb if I'll buy ,or my HDMI WDTV

Also perfect integration of tuner and display by company ..

NOW DOES NOT IT MAKES SENSE?

Hi,
Its quite some time from my last post, I was roaming around and searching for new release panels, LCD tvs. :)
I have come across Samsung P2370MS multi function LCD:

Multi Function Monitor - P2370MS - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG

This comes with a FREE dth + 3months subscription offer, we can choose any one Airtel, Sun Direct etc.. and all together 15K incl tax. This relatively new model, any one has already? experience?

Thanks,
Noble

Yes -technically ,but what i have seen many monitors have just VGA port some with VGA + DVI Port and few with VGA + HDMI port.
DVI -HDMI conversion is possible ( Please confirm)
Many basic set top boxes come with Composite connector , some with Componanat and modern one ( all HD One) with HDMI
So I never encountered LCD comp. monitor with Composite and Componant connections so I opted for AOC

Hi Hemant, I am also very tempted to buy a 22inch Monitor cum TV looking at at price advantage they provide over the normal LCD TVs.
My budget is max Rs 10k and the Monitor will be primarily used with a STB so the component input will be required. Does the AOC monitor has these inputs? Also, from where you bought your AOC monitor?

Battleaxe, you can provide a link to the ImageShack pictures on the thread. Please PM me the details and I will edit your post.

Cheers

Back