24" LCDs in India, Best panel/deal?

Hi Hemant, I am also very tempted to buy a 22inch Monitor cum TV looking at at price advantage they provide over the normal LCD TVs.
My budget is max Rs 10k and the Monitor will be primarily used with a STB so the component input will be required. Does the AOC monitor has these inputs? Also, from where you bought your AOC monitor?

Yes AOC has componanat in ( I Think it does not have S Video In)

AOC _ From Rajshree Peripherals ,Lamigton Road

AOC V24t or Samsung P2370MS ?

Multi Function Monitor - P2370MS - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG

AOC Monitor

Samsung P2370MS is relatively new model, released in June 2010. Samsung offered FREE dth with 3months subscrib. total 15K incl tax.
AOC = 14K

Samsung is my fav. Any suggestions?...Anybody has these models?... kind of finalizing stage.
Thanks.

seems cool, Only thing it appears it does not have Analougue Tuner , but if you are planning to use with STB ,tuner will be provided by STB..so see if you can get demo.
Then BENQ to offered simlar functions

Hi Hemant, I am also very tempted to buy a 22inch Monitor cum TV looking at at price advantage they provide over the normal LCD TVs.
My budget is max Rs 10k and the Monitor will be primarily used with a STB so the component input will be required. Does the AOC monitor has these inputs? Also, from where you bought your AOC monitor?

Vivek if using STB then no analougue tunr will be required ..so then you can consider Benq and Samsung too!

Thanks for your suggestions, Benq has MK2422 in that category. but both benq and AOC V24t models are old, and this Samsung P2370MS is relatively new launch and that FREE dth offer is there.

Note: I will b using STB. so dont' wory abt analogue tuner.

Samsung..your logic is right..also free STB lure is there.

Try to search the market and get best price!

( I had nothing For or Against AOC.only thing was it fitted my purpose of analougue tuner!)

The best 24 incher for a reasonable price is Dell U2410. It has an H-IPS panel and comes factory calibrated for sRGB and Adobe RGB. Has all the inputs needed - Display Port, HDMI, DVI, Component and Composite. Costs around 26K from Dell directly. If you need sound, add another 2 grand for speakers.

Almost all other panels you are considering are 6 bit TN which look horrible.

Personally I've been using a Dell 2005FPW which has an S-IPS panel for the last 5 years and it has worked beautifully. I'm planning to replace it shortly with the U2410.

The best 24 incher for a reasonable price is Dell U2410. It has an H-IPS panel and comes factory calibrated for sRGB and Adobe RGB. Has all the inputs needed - Display Port, HDMI, DVI, Component and Composite. Costs around 26K from Dell directly. If you need sound, add another 2 grand for speakers.

Almost all other panels you are considering are 6 bit TN which look horrible.

Personally I've been using a Dell 2005FPW which has an S-IPS panel for the last 5 years and it has worked beautifully. I'm planning to replace it shortly with the U2410.
26 K ..too much ..i can probably get 32 inch lcd in it.
maybe good for professionals but not vfm

26 K ..too much ..i can probably get 32 inch lcd in it.
maybe good for professionals but not vfm

Try putting it beside a 32" LCD of that price. You'd not touch the latter with a barge pole after than :). VFM is a very relative term - depends on what you are looking for.

agree, but with around 27 K you will get 26" LG LED which I heard better than normal 32" LCDs..

The one Samsung which I was discussing around just 15 K, and I 'll be sitting right front of the screen hopefully this will be fine comparing the dell price is too high, another 11K more. is worth that invest?

I am almost finalized, going to buy Samsung P2370MS in this weekend.

Any one has this model? any hand own experience? pls.

The best deal that I got is 15K incl tax. plus Free dth offer.
Thanks,
Noble

hi Guys! I have bought it! - Samsung P2370MS.

First impression - great value for money (15.2K, incl tax invoice, 3yr warranty), Very good PQ and decent Audio, yet to explore all features. I will write a full review, once I get time to check with everything, and also I am yet to connect to DTH STB.

Since the free DTH (OFFER: dth of any brand, free intallation + 3 months subs.) is yet to come, I have connected to my laptop, though VGA its very good PQ. Yet to try with DVI and HDMI. I have also tried to connect to local Cable TV STB, (though AV (composite?)) which is also good PQ, expecting a bit more quality with Big TV STB though component.

I strongly suggest this SAMSUNG P2370MS to anyone who is looking for a 23-24" Full HD, that can connect to your PC as well as use as a Full HDTV. I will write detail review later.
Multi Function Monitor - P2370MS - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back