3 Hours of Journey, 3 Hours of Audition, 3 Pairs .... and a Paradigm shift!!!!

I am a bit confused, if you are looking for 5.1 sound, why are you looking for two channel amps, shouldnt you be looking for an AVR?

@sud

well, I did start with 5.1 in mind, but then settled for 2.0 because...
1) it was a better value for money proposition(i was getting a better music experience than movie experience in my budget)
2) i felt i can not get the desired surround sound effect in my living room, no matter what money i spend
3) i watch hardly 2 to 3 movies in a week, while music is something that i can enjoy everyday.
4) i auditioned same movie in 5.1 and 2.0 and thought, though it wasn't the same, i could live with that for twice a week of movie. plus i still have my Sony DZ120 if i wish to see a movie in 5.1
5) i just loved the sq of paradigms paired with onkyo

now, since i am not planning on 5.1 in near future, i thought, again going for multi ch avr would not give me the same kind of pleasure as a 2 ch amp, in fact onkyo 8555 also has a sub-preout (i've seen the back panel pic on their website)

hope it clears the doubt in your mind

@Jayant ,

For audio
1)You can use 3.5 to 2RCA Cable for analogue out (which I am doing at present)

2)In many models, the 3.5 mm jack doubles up as digital out .You need to go into the control panel and settings to set output as Digital rather than analogue. So using appropriate cable, you can send 5.1 channel data to 'Digital in' of the AVR.

For Video
1)use VGA To VGA Cable to connect to monitor/projector/TV for analogue video signal.
No need to connect to AVR

2)Many notebooks have HDMI Out or graphic cards for PC have DVI/HDMI Out. You can use either of these to send digital video signals to the screen depending the input options available on the screen.

Or you can feed full HDMI Signals to your AVR If it can process audio as well as video over HDMI.This is a very common feature of media centre PCs. In this you dont have to worry about sound card of PC As DAC In AVR Will do the conversion.

Some notebooks have PCI Express slot. For these, creative has a good option for 5.1 sound.

I am looking for USB Sound card. They usually give 2 channel audio only. Creative X fi Go is one option. Asus xonar Usb has got good reviews but its out of stock in Goa & Pune.

I am not sure how much it will add to the already good sound quality. So I am going slow on the search.

Last edited:
can you guys tell me whats the MRP and the whats the general disc one could ask for Paradigm Minitor 7 and Onkyo 8555 or Onkyo 8255?

@Kittu,

Your cartoon/avtar/image whatever they call it, is very cute. What is the name of the character and where did you find it?

is that with bill and warrenty? and who carries the warrenty? i guess Paradigms are imported and distributed in india via kei. should ask for their inovice?

and what about onkyo? i did not get any pointers on them?

Talk to Lokesh in HTStore, our forum member shaiju also bought from him for the same price. Including B&W.

No clue on Onkyo.....:eek:

KEI or Kripa Electronics is the official distributor in India. They are in the forum or you could send an email to them for the nearest dealer whom you could get B&W.

1. Your sony would do as source. Connect headphone out to Amp and done.

2. If u insist on DVDp, as others said CA89/99 is best bet followed by Pio 220 or 610 (which is older model and universal player very popular here a year or two ago, if available somewhere.)

3. If u get a BDP, you would be giving yourself future options. USB of DVDp/BDP will play your digital music just fine. Sony 380 wud be a good bet.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

hey yogeshbhai,

nice of you to chip in! do you know any place in rajkot who deals in pioneer or cambrodge audio? wednusday is my weekly off and i am planning to have a look at them

Monitor 7 for 35k .... Pakka information hai.:)

Kittu,
Auditioned the Paradigm monitor 9s with the Denon 1911 at the HT Store today,following your post and PM. Thought they sounded better than the Wharfedales 10.7.Have decided to go for the Denon 1911 and Monitor 9s. Could you give me a ball park figure on the 9s?
CC190 ctr speaker and ADP190 as surrounds have been suggested? Is that ok? Recent price quotes?
May buy the Velodyne sub as well qouted at 25k
Thanks!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back