3 Ohms Speaker in Denon AVR

sreejithpr

Hi,
Pls help
I have an LG HT806PM home theater system which has LCR and surround speakers of 3 ohms and 140 watts each

I am planning to buy Denon AVR X550 BT.

Will there be any issues if I connect the LG speakers (LCR and surround) to the Denon AVR?
(I will be buying a separate active sub woofer for this) The Denon AVR specs shows a speaker impedance of 4-16 Ohms.
Will the power/impedance match for this combination?
If this avr is not matching, which one do you recommend for this speakers

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,
Sreejith

Hi,
Pls help
I have an LG HT806PM home theater system which has LCR and surround speakers of 3 ohms and 140 watts each

I am planning to buy Denon AVR X550 BT.

Will there be any issues if I connect the LG speakers (LCR and surround) to the Denon AVR?
(I will be buying a separate active sub woofer for this) The Denon AVR specs shows a speaker impedance of 4-16 Ohms.
Will the power/impedance match for this combination?
If this avr is not matching, which one do you recommend for this speakers

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,
Sreejith

Can lead to an issue!

If budget is an issue why not consider pre owned speakers? Lots available over OLX, since you are considering Denon 550BT...look for speakers which are 75 watts or higher 6 ohms / 8ohms. Depending on your space, you can consider Floor Standing ones for fronts and Bookshelf speakers according, else Satellite type.

For nearly two years, I had used Panasonic HTiB speakers of 3 ohms but only as surrounds. Denon X1200w was the AVR and I faced no issues. As a safety measure I had set the maximum volume of my AVR to 60%.

Disclaimer!: it worked for me, but cant say it is without risks!

I am afraid you will end up frying your board. 3 ohm is too less; Denon AV Receivers are generally certified for the 8-ohm load for a 5.1 setup.

Better not to use beyond the specs range. It will surely damage the AVR in a longer run. Some might tell we can use it, as they didn’t face any problems but Lady Luck is always not with us all the time.

No. Do not use them. You'll see the impedance range mentioned on the Avr near speaker connectors and in the manual. Usually it's 6-16ohms. Better to stick within that range.

Connecting the speakers will not blow anything, just that it's a risk to use them in the longer run.

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back