32" dilema - samsung US32EH5000R or panasonic TH-32E5D

ajay600

i need a 32" tv for immediate purchase...
so far i found the features of the 2 tv's samsung US32EH5000R or panasonic TH-32E5D which match my budget....

which one should I purchase...

here are my requirements:
1) great picture quality.. i can manage with a 2.1 speaker I have if audio isnt great,..
2) one HDMI port is sufficient
3) need to play avi, mkv and mp4 files from HDD..

I wanted to get Samsung, but i read about the panel lottery thing.. so I am apprehensive about buying it as I might end up with an inferior panel...
is the issue resolved or can I confirm from the box packaging itself that I have the best panel(S panel)

-thanks

I have recently bought panasonic 32EM5D and not 32E5D as I did'nt needed internet as net can be used when we connect my PC with the TV so why waste money & then you also have to buy panasonic wifi only for using net.

This TV is great in PQ. It can play avi & mp4 files but I have not checked mkv files. I will check mkv by playing it today and then confirm you.

I have bought this TV for Rs.26500/- under exchange of my old 21" TV.

Go for 32E5D. Good VFM television.i'm using it for about 4 months.
But, also as another member pointed out if you only in need of a Smart tv,go for 32E5D,else Buy 32EM5D you can save some money.
:)

the E5D used IPS panel where as the EM5 uses VA panel

but yes E5d costs some 4k more ans has internet features which ill not need

finally decide to go for LG32LS4600 which costs around 31k in chennai... I checked all the models in showroom and here is my observation

panasonicE5d and LG32LS4600 almost had the same PQ.. i really couldnt differentiate between them... so i have chosen to go for LG because of the lower cost..

samsung US32EH5000R was not great, so ive rejected that

but the best tv in 32 segment wasLG-LS5700... it had stunning PQ... skin tones were displayed accurately but couldnt get that because of my budget..

@everyoneif budget is not an issue, pls go for LG-LS5700

Back