32" full HD LCD TV - LG or Samsung or Sony???

vishalj

Hi

This is my first post. I stumbled upon this site when searching about the LCD TV reviews and I am really glad that I came to this site. You guys rock.

Now, coming to the dilemma, I am planning to get a full HD LCD TV this Diwali and my budget is not more than 45k. My first priority is Picture quality. I would be hooking this TV with TATA SKY and would watch DVDs or DVDrips on it. (Now am also considering to get a WDTV/Xtreamer, after I read about it on this forum). So considering my budget and the usage, which model and brand u would suggest??

I have zeroised on the following 2 models
Sony KLV32V550A - 43k
LG 32LG80FR - 36k

But I am open to other options if they are within my price range.

Thanks in advance

Hi

This is my first post. I stumbled upon this site when searching about the LCD TV reviews and I am really glad that I came to this site. You guys rock.

Now, coming to the dilemma, I am planning to get a full HD LCD TV this Diwali and my budget is not more than 45k. My first priority is Picture quality. I would be hooking this TV with TATA SKY and would watch DVDs or DVDrips on it. (Now am also considering to get a WDTV/Xtreamer, after I read about it on this forum). So considering my budget and the usage, which model and brand u would suggest??

I have zeroised on the following 2 models
Sony KLV32V550A - 43k
LG 32LG80FR - 36k

But I am open to other options if they are within my price range.

Thanks in advance

The SONY KLV-32V550A is a very good choice. Has high contrast with BE3, which is good for SD (Tata Sky) signal processing. This LCD has very good PQ too.

However, unlike the USB port for the LG that you've mentioned, the SONY USB port will not play DivX format. The sound may be slightly better for the LG.

So, depending on your requirements, take a call.

Please go thru some threads in the television section, I think there is already a thread on 32 LCDs.

Why not look at Samsung B530 @ 33..35k?

Today I am planning to buy LCD TV and still am confused. But I think I may finally get a Sony V550A only as I think thats the best of the lot at present in my budget.

Will post, once I get my LCD TV and will also post first hand reviews of the same...

Hi,

LA32B450 is approx 39K and LA32B530 is approx 44K.

Also, keep in mind, the price varies from store to store. You might get a good deal depending on where you purchase the LCD TV from.

Cheers.
At 39K there are far better TVs than the B450.
I asked you for best price because you said you are associated with Samsung. But from what you have said here, it doesn't look like you know what's happening in the real world. The B450 is available for 27.5K with exchange of 21" CRT.
The B530 has been offered to me at an exchange price of 31.5K. Are you quoting MRP?
Without exchange prices I have got are about 31.5K and 35K

Phil PFL5609 for 38k& croma offering additional warrenty for Rs.1200 with all possible service including parts(on other brands too).If piece is not repairable ,new LCD will be offered.

Phil PFL5609 for 38k& croma offering additional warrenty for Rs.1200 with all possible service including parts(on other brands too).If piece is not repairable ,new LCD will be offered.

at 32", you cant differentiate between full hd and hd ready. its a wastage of a lot of money. You need atleast 46" to see the difference between 720p and 1080p.

at 32", you cant differentiate between full hd and hd ready. its a wastage of a lot of money. You need atleast 46" to see the difference between 720p and 1080p.

not entirely true,it depends on ur viewing distance.i can differentiate b/w HD and FHD on a 32" at less then 5 feet viewing distance.so it will matter for people who sit that close or use it as a monitor.

not entirely true,it depends on ur viewing distance.i can differentiate b/w HD and FHD on a 32" at less then 5 feet viewing distance.so it will matter for people who sit that close or use it as a monitor.

thats true, if you're sitting real close, you can make out the difference, but thats not for the usual viewing distance.
Its not really a good idea to use these as monitors, I try my pv8 as the monitor for the htpc, its not good et al, the fonts etc arent good. The strain is also a lot more. its better to go for a proper monitor for normal work on a comp.

thats true, if you're sitting real close, you can make out the difference, but thats not for the usual viewing distance.
Its not really a good idea to use these as monitors, I try my pv8 as the monitor for the htpc, its not good et al, the fonts etc arent good. The strain is also a lot more. its better to go for a proper monitor for normal work on a comp.

well for monitor use and distance i find the pixel size of 32" HD ready tvs realy big,so i can guess the pixel size on a 42" HD ready tv.
but more then the pixel size,imo displays used as monitors should be no more then 27" anything bigger takes a toll on my eyes atleast.

I finally placed order for Sony KLV 32V550A at Croma for 42k. As I am travelling during Diwali holidays, have asked them to deliver the same next weekend. Would post my reviews then for sure.:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back