32LG80UR jazz:Problem in playing movie through USB

c_shekhar

I have 32lg80ur and trying to play movie in .avi through USB. The tv continues to show loading... continuously and does not play the movies which is of size 2.8GB. Whereas I am able to play the same on LG 37LH50YR tv. I have tried to play other .avi movies of 700 MB, my TV plays that OK.
What can be the problem????

Last edited:
The problem is that the file size is too big. Even most DVD players are not able to play avi files larger than 2 GB. Here is the solution: Install VirtualDub on your PC (it's free!) and split the avi file into 2. It hardly takes any time. Your TV should now be able to play the movie without any problem.

The problem is that the file size is too big. Even most DVD players are not able to play avi files larger than 2 GB. Here is the solution: Install VirtualDub on your PC (it's free!) and split the avi file into 2. It hardly takes any time. Your TV should now be able to play the movie without any problem.

I am so very thankful to you. You have made my day. It worked after splitting. but it does not show the subtitles. My subtitle file is in .srt format. It say "could not find the subtitles". Is any other format required to display the subtitles?

Last edited:
after splitting the movie files, subtitles will not work. :)
unless you have subtitles (.srt files) for the separate split files.

Also.. please check if your ".srt" file name is same as movie file name (except the file name extensions).
For subtitle to work correctly the file names should match.

Last edited:
after splitting the movie files, subtitles will not work. :)
unless you have subtitles (.srt files) for the separate split files.

There is a software to split .srt files. It's called subtitle workshop and its freeware. And don't forget that the avi file name and suubtitle file name have to be identical.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back