35 foot subwoofer cable

Naturelover

Staff member
Hi all,
Need to get a 35 ft subwoofer cable on a budget. Is AmazonBasics good for long lengths? Has anyone used?
Any other options? Looking to buy very soon.
Thanks

If it's a Budget buy you can't go wrong with Amazon basics cable
I have used for a friend but shorter length

Hi all,
Need to get a 35 ft subwoofer cable on a budget. Is AmazonBasics good for long lengths? Has anyone used?
Thanks
I am using amazon basics for my xtz but it’s around 1.8-2 metres only. Not sure how good it is when it comes to long distance. But for short I can assure you it gets the job done. I purchased 2svs sound path cables for my sub and after checking it side by side didn’t notice much difference so sold both the svs cables and happy with the amazon basics.

Hi all,
Thanks
If I were you, I would have surely abandoned Amazonbasics. I see it's almost or below their price for RCA-RCA. I've their RCA-RCA cable that is not in use anymore after using it for couple of days. Please take your time in making the decision/avoid Amazonbasics if you could; unexciting, indeed.

FWIW, the longest amazon basics cable I've used is a 25feet male to female aux extension cable and has been excellent and VFM

Hi all,
Thanks

Mediabridge cables are also good VFM & good quality. I am currently using a 2 meter cable for the subwoofer with no issues at all. There is a 35 ft cable available on Amazon for Rs. 3019/-

I was using amazon basics 25ft subwoofer cable until recently and it was good. I use a lot of amazon basics products (rcas, subwoofer cable, ofc speaker cable, banana plugs) IMO they have the best VFM. You could also look at bluerigger cable which I found to be a little better in build quality than amazon basics.

Hi all,
Thanks
It's good, i spotted bluerigger 25feet on a deal so picked that. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

MaSh

If I were you, I would have surely abandoned Amazonbasics. I see it's almost or below their price for RCA-RCA. I've their RCA-RCA cable that is not in use anymore after using it for couple of days. Please take your time in making the decision/avoid Amazonbasics if you could; unexciting, indeed.
What cable would you suggest?
I was using amazon basics 25ft subwoofer cable until recently and it was good. I use a lot of amazon basics products (rcas, subwoofer cable, ofc speaker cable, banana plugs) IMO they have the best VFM. You could also look at bluerigger cable which I found to be a little better in build quality than amazon basics.
What cable did you shift to?

Hi, I am using 30ft subwoofer cable from a brand called DAC .
Termination was done by a Technician and its working fine. Have not faced issues till now.
cheers
Dev

As many have stated, Amazon basics are good value for money. I have used 25 ft without any issue but my only gripe was that the rca end connection was hugging the rca port on my sub too tight for my liking. Many prefer that way, but i didn't.

As many have stated, Amazon basics are good value for money. I have used 25 ft without any issue but my only gripe was that the rca end connection was hugging the rca port on my sub too tight for my liking. Many prefer that way, but i didn't.
You are right .it's so tight that I've a feeling if i wanna unplug the cable it might pull the port as well :D

It happened to me on BlueRigger subwoofer cable, it did pull out the plug as well. I somehow managed it myself as sending a sub for service to other city is a pain. It was just 3 months old. ☹
Happened with me too with amazon basics cable (fortunately it was a ChiFi amp). From then on I always twist to remove the cable instead of just pulling. Never happened again.

Happened with me too with amazon basics cable (fortunately it was a ChiFi amp). From then on I always twist to remove the cable instead of just pulling. Never happened again.
Yes...glad you said it......that's the recommended way for removing it...no matter what cable we use...

The standard coax cable to be used in subwoofer cabling is of 75 ohms, a good quality RG6 cable with solid copper core or stranded one as per your requirement would be great value for money, all you need is to terminate them with some good quality connectors and these will better even the most expensive cables out there at a fraction of cost.

There will be people who would oppose this but i have been using this for ages and infact when compared with a 1ish feet amazon basics cable a few years back my 40 odd feet cable had no discernible difference in gain or frequency response when checked with REW.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back