3D glasses for Benq W1070

My Sainsonic 144Hz 3D glasses arrived yesterday. Seller: an ebay.in fellow from Delhi. Perfect packing and goods in perfect condition. Paid 5100 for two pieces. Each pack comes with 3D spect, wiping cloh, a usb charger and a small slip of instruction. Am happy with my purchase. Good depth and wonderful clarity.

How is your experience with these glasses please share

Thanks
Uttam

Uttam,

My experience has been good.

1. After some initial confusion, I could get the glasses to work by pressing the button above the nose bridge of the glass. You need to get used to the glasses, especially if you are putting them on over your current glasses.

2. 3D glasses require a certain minimum distance to be maintained between the viewer and the screen. If you dont, then you will get eye strain and lack of 3d depth.

3.Proper 3D experience depends upon the source material. BD MKV rips are not alwayS good. You need to have a proper 3D Bluray disk to assess your glasses. Try IMax Disk and you will enjoy 3D.

4. If you are ordering 3D Sainsonic glasses, make sure they are rechargeable. Otherwise your glasses will be a big waste.

5. brightness of the image will reduce considerably when playing 3D source, but with Sainsonic glasses, this brightness drop was not very much. My BenQ W1070 does a good job of 3D.

6.IF YOU ARE PLAYING MKV BD RIPS, THROUGH MEDIA PLAYERS SUCH AS WDTV-LIVE, MAKE SURE TO SET RESOLUTION OF THE PLAYER TO 1080i, ELSE YOU WONT GET SBS 3D TO PLAY ON W1070.

7. Finally, you need to be a little patient with yourself to get 3D going and to come to enjoy it.

4. If you are ordering 3D Sainsonic glasses, make sure they are rechargeable. Otherwise your glasses will be a big waste.

Not necessarily. In fact, I prefer battery glasses as they remove the risk of rechargeable in-built going kaput and resulting in the entire glass being wasted. With regular CR2032 batteries you get like 100+ hours of viewing for around 15-20 rs. You can also be assured that the glasses are going to last long as battery is the only component that can go wrong.

Also, if you look at Sainsonic battery powered glass, the contrast ratio is 1200:1 unlike rechargeable which is 1000:1

Amazon.com: SainSonic 144HZ Button Battery Powered 3D Active Shutter Glasses for BenQ, Optoma, Acer, Sharp,Mitsubishi Projector: Electronics

having said that it could be inconvenient to change batteries every 100 hrs, I usually advice people to stock batteries so its never a problem.

So it depends on what you like or what you want.

Last edited:
Got clarification from Sainsonic, the once they have are 1000:1 as they are out of stock with 1200:1. Looks like the Amazon is 1200:1

Last edited:
point #6 below, on 1080i restriction doesnt apply any more on new firmwares.

for
W1070 = firmware 1.06 and above
W1080ST = firmware 1.03 and above
support 3D SBS in below resolutions.

1280x720p@59/94/60 Hz -- SBS added
1280x720p@50Hz - SBS added
[email protected]/24Hz - SBS added
[email protected]/60Hz - Top Bottom - added
1920x1080p@50Hz - Top Bottom - added

Its easy to upgrade the firmware yourself, if you have a windows PC.
all software and firmware can be downloaded, check below AVSForum thread for details.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1435626/benq-w1070-dlp-full-hd-3d-ready-with-lens-shift-for-1000

But remember that doing it yourself, will void warranty, alternative is to goto Benq and get it done.

I have done it successfully my self for my W1080ST

Uttam,

My experience has been good.

1. After some initial confusion, I could get the glasses to work by pressing the button above the nose bridge of the glass. You need to get used to the glasses, especially if you are putting them on over your current glasses.

2. 3D glasses require a certain minimum distance to be maintained between the viewer and the screen. If you dont, then you will get eye strain and lack of 3d depth.

3.Proper 3D experience depends upon the source material. BD MKV rips are not alwayS good. You need to have a proper 3D Bluray disk to assess your glasses. Try IMax Disk and you will enjoy 3D.

5. brightness of the image will reduce considerably when playing 3D source, but with Sainsonic glasses, this brightness drop was not very much. My BenQ W1070 does a good job of 3D.

6.IF YOU ARE PLAYING MKV BD RIPS, THROUGH MEDIA PLAYERS SUCH AS WDTV-LIVE, MAKE SURE TO SET RESOLUTION OF THE PLAYER TO 1080i, ELSE YOU WONT GET SBS 3D TO PLAY ON W1070.

7. Finally, you need to be a little patient with yourself to get 3D going and to come to enjoy it.

I have 4 pairs of these 144Hz Sainsonic glasses that i directly puchased from them shipped from china to india.

They work perfectly fine and happy using them with my W1080ST

My glasses keep losing sync. Is this normal? I'm using the Hi-Shock DLP Pro glasses. It says 1080p 24hz. Please any advise would be appreciated.

My glasses keep losing sync. Is this normal? I'm using the Hi-Shock DLP Pro glasses. It says 1080p 24hz. Please any advise would be appreciated.
It should not when movie is running. If its battery powered,try replacing with new.

Last edited:
There are many people complain about their 3D glasses lose losing sync even they use samsung, panasonic or sony. This may caused by the defect of the glasses.
If we use the glasses right, maybe we just need to get a new one.
I am using SainSonic 144HZ 3D Glasses For BenQ W1070, they don't lose sync.
But still there are people complain this problem.
My experience told me that if you buy several pairs of glasses, and none of them work, then maybe there are something wrong with the glasses itself.

How is VIP 3D glasses?
They look promising, if anyone has tried, let us know how well they work.

I got my projector Benq W1080st last week from amazon.com and the picture quality is very good. i ordered sainsonic 144hz 3d on the same day 19th July in their site but still haven't received the glass. I think it may take another 2 weeks but thats a long wait for me.

Yesterday i found a local website sell 3d glasses, i am confused whether to buy Sainsonic or EStar America ESG601 https://desertcart.com/products/1509573-estar-america-esg601-dlp-link-3d-glasses. Any suggestions plz...

Guys, I need suggestion which is the best 3d glass for Benq W1080st, EStar America ESG601 or SainSonic SSZ-200DLB.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back