3G/4G Wireless Router with USB Storage option

HTuser

Hi,

I would like buy a 3G/4G Wireless Router which can also support a USB HDD to stream audio/video over the wireless network.

TP Link TL-MR3420 (3G/4G Wireless Router) supports USB 3G Modems, but it doesn't support USB Storage and streaming (as per specs).

TP Link TL-WR1043ND (Wireless N Gigabit Router) supports USB storage and streaming but doesn't support USB 3G Data Cards

I am looking for a single product having both of these features. Preferably with 2 USB ports - one for 3G USB Data Card and another one for USB External Hard Disk.

If anyone is aware/using such a product please let me know.

Another related question. Seagate External HDDs come with a backup software which can automatically take backup when we connect the external HDD to the laptop/desktop. Can this feature work over wireless - when we connect HDD to a wireless router?

To answer your 2nd question first, yes it is also written on ED site My Book Live that wireless backup via router is supported.

Next, Not that I am aware of but I suggest buy a 3G royuter with good range and then connect HDD-s to it via some device like iConnect from iOmega or Synology USB Station 2.

Thanks for the reply

Planning to go for 3G router with Seagate Go Flex Home Network Storage (which can be connected to the network port of 3G Router).

Wireless Backup, streaming, access from Internet etc are possible.

Regards,

To answer your 2nd question first, yes it is also written on ED site My Book Live that wireless backup via router is supported.

Next, Not that I am aware of but I suggest buy a 3G royuter with good range and then connect HDD-s to it via some device like iConnect from iOmega or Synology USB Station 2.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back