3RCA to 2RCA

dinesh1201

I was wondering if I remove a cable (any color from Red , white or yellow) from 3RCA to 3RCA cable and then I can use that cable as 2RC to 2RCA? Wikipedia says Y is for composite video which carries video signals and the other two white and red carries stereo audio.
Say if remove the white one or Red one, can Yellow and Red/white combination still be used for Audio as 2RCA cable? is this just the markings/color coding to do right connections or the yellow one have some special thing builtin for video signals?
By this way can I convert 3RCA cable to 2RCA or should one buy specifically 2RCA for the desired application ( like connecting Amp to DAC )?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• TA5503-RGB-1024x1024.jpg
    TA5503-RGB-1024x1024.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6
I was wondering if I remove a cable (any color from Red , white or yellow) from 3RCA to 3RCA cable and then I can use that cable as 2RC to 2RCA? Wikipedia says Y is for composite video which carries video signals and the other two white and red carries stereo audio.
Say if remove the white one or Red one, can Yellow and Red/white combination still be used for Audio as 2RCA cable? is this just the markings/color coding to do right connections or the yellow one have some special thing builtin for video signals?
By this way can I convert 3RCA cable to 2RCA or should one buy specifically 2RCA for the desired application ( like connecting Amp to DAC )?
Thanks in advance!
Yes you can use it in this way. But if they are the generic cables, I think it would be better to get good pure copper cables with better shielding.
Regards
Lakshay Goel

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back