• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

3RCA to 2RCA

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

dinesh1201

I was wondering if I remove a cable (any color from Red , white or yellow) from 3RCA to 3RCA cable and then I can use that cable as 2RC to 2RCA? Wikipedia says Y is for composite video which carries video signals and the other two white and red carries stereo audio.
Say if remove the white one or Red one, can Yellow and Red/white combination still be used for Audio as 2RCA cable? is this just the markings/color coding to do right connections or the yellow one have some special thing builtin for video signals?
By this way can I convert 3RCA cable to 2RCA or should one buy specifically 2RCA for the desired application ( like connecting Amp to DAC )?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• TA5503-RGB-1024x1024.jpg
    TA5503-RGB-1024x1024.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6

Dr.Lakshay

I was wondering if I remove a cable (any color from Red , white or yellow) from 3RCA to 3RCA cable and then I can use that cable as 2RC to 2RCA? Wikipedia says Y is for composite video which carries video signals and the other two white and red carries stereo audio.
Say if remove the white one or Red one, can Yellow and Red/white combination still be used for Audio as 2RCA cable? is this just the markings/color coding to do right connections or the yellow one have some special thing builtin for video signals?
By this way can I convert 3RCA cable to 2RCA or should one buy specifically 2RCA for the desired application ( like connecting Amp to DAC )?
Thanks in advance!
Yes you can use it in this way. But if they are the generic cables, I think it would be better to get good pure copper cables with better shielding.
Regards
Lakshay Goel

dinesh1201

Yes you can use it in this way. But if they are the generic cables, I think it would be better to get good pure copper cables with better shielding.
Regards
Lakshay Goel
Thanks! I've one from Bandridge and it's pretty good.