40-42' LCD/Plasma

master007

I will be buying a television (40'-42') in about a month or two. I have shortlisted following models for the same
Samsung 40B650
Sony 40V550
Panasonic 42G10

I will be using generally for SD content. Alongwith I will also be using it as my PC monitor to play games and watch HD(1080p/720p) & Divx/Xvid movies. Using it as PC monitor will constitute small amount of time compared to using it for watching SD content

I have heard good reviews for all of them, but Samsung one is know to have issues about large input lag when connected to PC, and the panasonic one (being a plasma) will have burn in while using it as a PC Monitor.

Also I am bit attracted towards LCD, will prefer to go for it.

Please give your opinions.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
if you're going to use it as a PC MOnitor AT ALL....then forget the plasma....it's just not worth the hassle or the risk.

Go for one of the two LCDs, the Sony is from a lower category than the Samsung as far as I can see, so between these models the Samsung is probably your best choice.

I will be buying a television (40'-42') in about a month or two. I have shortlisted following models for the same
Samsung 40B650
Sony 40V550
Panasonic 42G10

I will be using generally for SD content. Alongwith I will also be using it as my PC monitor to play games and watch HD(1080p/720p) & Divx/Xvid movies. Using it as PC monitor will constitute small amount of time compared to using it for watching SD content

I have heard good reviews for all of them, but Samsung one is know to have issues about large input lag when connected to PC, and the panasonic one (being a plasma) will have burn in while using it as a PC Monitor.

Also I am bit attracted towards LCD, will prefer to go for it.

Please give your opinions.
Thanks in advance

well for pc i would suggest the sony V550A,the samsung just as the 100hz which u will have to switch off when in pc mode,since the side effects of 100hz is the high input lag.even the tvs without 100hz the sony lcds always consistenly have lesser input lag.

if you're going to use it as a PC MOnitor AT ALL....then forget the plasma....it's just not worth the hassle or the risk.

Go for one of the two LCDs, the Sony is from a lower category than the Samsung as far as I can see, so between these models the Samsung is probably your best choice.

I guess you got it wrong, I said it will be used as monitor for very small time

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back