40-47" tv

VOiLA

Hello all experts, How are you ?

Need it only for HD Movies and 10% Airtel DTH.Yes ! It does say 40 to 47 inches. But that's because i am looking for picture quality and not size. I have maximum 95k to spend and i have narrowed down some. So i would like your help in deciding which would suit me best.

40-42"
Samsung-UA40B6000VR
Samsung-LA40B650T1R
Samsung-LA40B750U1R
Panasonic-TH-P42G10D
LG 42LH90QR
KLV-40W550A

46-47"
Samsung-LA46B650T1R
Samsung-LA46B750U1R
LG 47LH90QR
KLV-46V550A

Why are many people inclining towards the Samsung 40" LED and not the LG 47" ?

I don't thing any 42" model is available in Samsung Series 6/7.

//Thanks

Last edited:
well if u want purely for HD videos then u can go with the panasonic G10 plasma.good VFM.
if u wan't the lcd look then u can go with LG LH90 or even the samsung 40b6000(B650 and B750 are hard to find).u can also go in for the sony 40W550A,infact has realy good SD quality .

now as to why people are leaning towards the samsung and not LG well one is for the brand,second because of the thin factor,third if u watch HD videos like those animations u can clearly see the samsung give u that pop look,due to the high dynamic contrast and samsung AMP or its version of 100hz.

well if u want purely for HD videos then u can go with the panasonic G10 plasma.good VFM.
if u wan't the lcd look then u can go with LG LH90 or even the samsung 40b6000(B650 and B750 are hard to find).u can also go in for the sony 40W550A,infact has realy good SD quality .

now as to why people are leaning towards the samsung and not LG well one is for the brand,second because of the thin factor,third if u watch HD videos like those animations u can clearly see the samsung give u that pop look,due to the high dynamic contrast and samsung AMP or its version of 100hz.
Oh i see.. You mean Panasonic-TH-P42G10D Right ? I watch 90% English movies and 10% Hindi so i also need good SD Quality which Sony lacks.
Is there much picture quality difference between Samsung 6 and 7 Series (46") ? Samsung 6/7 Series 46" LCD vs 6 Series LED ?

Oh i see.. You mean Panasonic-TH-P42G10D Right ? I watch 90% English movies and 10% Hindi so i also need good SD Quality which Sony lacks.
Is there much picture quality difference between Samsung 6 and 7 Series (46") ? Samsung 6/7 Series 46" LCD vs 6 Series LED ?

Don't forget to have a look at plasmas before you decide.
I started looking for LED but am almost sold on plasma now.
If you dont have a blu ray player, You can have a look at 720p 42" plasmas too in 40 - 50k range.
You can find my thread lying around.

well i thought u said u want to watch only HD and 10% airtel,if so u can be better of with sony and samsung lcd .
btw sony has one of the best SD quality.u will to have a second look.just taking one trip to the showroom won't be of much use.

also in many multi brand showrooms even some famous ones with various branches,they show SD content via RF ,which is crap.
even in DVD testing or blu ray testing they only connect it to one tv and use monitor out or composite out of that tv to monitor In or composite in of another and it goes on and on ,to show content on all tvs,so u will see poor quality on tvs connected by monitor out.

it also comes down to the settings of the tvs,if a tv is not set properly u can even see a VU doing well against a samsung or a sony.

well i thought u said u want to watch only HD and 10% airtel,if so u can be better of with sony and samsung lcd .
btw sony has one of the best SD quality.u will to have a second look.just taking one trip to the showroom won't be of much use.

also in many multi brand showrooms even some famous ones with various branches,they show SD content via RF ,which is crap.
even in DVD testing or blu ray testing they only connect it to one tv and use monitor out or composite out of that tv to monitor In or composite in of another and it goes on and on ,to show content on all tvs,so u will see poor quality on tvs connected by monitor out.

it also comes down to the settings of the tvs,if a tv is not set properly u can even see a VU doing well against a samsung or a sony.
Yes i did say that but Hindi's are just once in a blue moon. OH GOD ! Are your serious ? Then i am sure that is what happened with me when i went to a showroom and he showed me a HD signal and the philips LCD Looked better than Panasonic PLASMA lol :D.

I will definitely have a look at plasma's but if i opt. for LCD i should have a clear mind so for that reason i asked you about Samsung 6/7 series and LED. I have edited my post and also included Sony. Lets concentrate on 46-47". Sony , Samsung(LCD -6/7 ? 6 LED ?) or LG ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Clarification:

If you connect video out from TV1 to video in of TV2, will TV2 receive the video processed by TV1 or will it receive signal straight from the source? I was given a demo where in the video out of a panasonic was connected to the video-in of the TV that I was auditioning.

Thanks

Clarification:

If you connect video out from TV1 to video in of TV2, will TV2 receive the video processed by TV1 or will it receive signal straight from the source? I was given a demo where in the video out of a panasonic was connected to the video-in of the TV that I was auditioning.

Thanks

as it with any analog source u will see a degrade in quality when it goes from one source to another.
well i can't say upto what level the image processing plays,but the video from monitor out will be effected.

as it with any analog source u will see a degrade in quality when it goes from one source to another.
well i can't say upto what level the image processing plays,but the video from monitor out will be effected.

That's agreed, but what I want to know is if scenario is like

Tata Sky -> Pana -> LG

then is it equal to LG receiving TS signal straight from the TS box with some drop in signal strength? Or is LG receiving the signal that is already upscaled by Pana?

That's agreed, but what I want to know is if scenario is like

Tata Sky -> Pana -> LG

then is it equal to LG receiving TS signal straight from the TS box with some drop in signal strength? Or is LG receiving the signal that is already upscaled by Pana?

well not just signal strenght but loss in details,well the upscaling part i believe is not done in monitor out.

@adder, I must say that you are really a very knowledgeable person and you have somehow convinced me to buy a new led/led TV in April/May 2010.
Thanks everyone. :indifferent14:

Back