40 INCH BEST LCD OR LED IN BUDGET OF 40k TO 50k

yeah they are seller warranty.if u want to take risk its cool price.its not that the stuff is damaged.its simply imported illegally just like gray market.so they are cheap.
but u will also get stuffs with manufacturer warranty in e bay and other online store.just check the listing..........

Raja, I was looking for a 40/42" LCD/LED/Plasma to supplement my 51" Plasma. I will be connecting PC and Cable. Didn't care whether it will be LCD/LED/Plasma as long as it was under 45K (it is my secondary TV, remember).

What I found out so far... and this is during the festival season in Kerala.

Samsung stopped LCD at larger size. The cheapest LED was 40" 5000. I was quoted 49.5K.

LG has LCD and LED. LCD prices varied from 43K to 45.5K. 42CS470 was offered at 43K, LK430(2011?) at 45.5K and LK450 at 44K. Sales person said that there is a 51K LED model that will ship by next week. Don't know the model number.

Sharp has LCD. 40M500M was offered between 40K and 41.5K. 40M550M was offered at 43.9K.

Sony 40NX520 was offered at 49K.

For the first time, I found good 40-42" LCDs at prices comparable to Plasmas. Last year, there was a huge difference.

I am yet to explore the Plasma. However, I know the approximate price from my last year's search and the eventual purchase of my plasma. Hence will do a cursory check at the end of my this round of research and then make a final decision.

Regarding the demo, I will suggest that you watch the LCD/LED in a showroom and watch Plasma in any HFV member's house(if possible).

Don't worry about the power consumption etc. LCD and new plasmas consume more or less the same power(LEDs are less power hungry). Unless you watch 24 hours, it will not make much difference. Remember that LEDs cost a lot more than the LCDs and Plasmas.

Failure is expected for both panels/TVs. My 26" LG LCD and my Samsung 51" plasma had problems. Hence warranty/extended warranty is a good option to look for.

Samsung (and LG) will play anything that is thrown at it. Sony may not play many formats :-(

Go out, check with showrooms (and HFV members) and demo. Prioitize your features (warranty is one of them). Enjoy the hunt.

If I finish my purchase in the next few days, I will PM you. Good luck.

NB: All the prices I have quoted are Kerala Onam Festival prices.

Last edited:
Raja, I was looking for a 40/42" LCD/LED/Plasma to supplement my 51" Plasma. I will be connecting PC and Cable. Didn't care whether it will be LCD/LED/Plasma as long as it was under 45K (it is my secondary TV, remember).

What I found out so far... and this is during the festival season in Kerala.

Samsung stopped LCD at larger size. The cheapest LED was 40" 5000. I was quoted 49.5K.

LG has LCD and LED. LCD prices varied from 43K to 45.5K. 42CS470 was offered at 43K, LK430(2011?) at 45.5K and LK450 at 44K. Sales person said that there is a 51K LED model that will ship by next week. Don't know the model number.

Sharp has LCD. 40M500M was offered between 40K and 41.5K. 40M550M was offered at 43.9K.

Sony 40NX520 was offered at 49K.

For the first time, I found good 40-42" LCDs at prices comparable to Plasmas. Last year, there was a huge difference.

I am yet to explore the Plasma. However, I know the approximate price from my last year's search and the eventual purchase of my plasma. Hence will do a cursory check at the end of my this round of research and then make a final decision.

Regarding the demo, I will suggest that you watch the LCD/LED in a showroom and watch Plasma in any HFV member's house(if possible).

Don't worry about the power consumption etc. LCD and new plasmas consume more or less the same power(LEDs are less power hungry). Unless you watch 24 hours, it will not make much difference. Remember that LEDs cost a lot more than the LCDs and Plasmas.

Failure is expected for both panels/TVs. My 26" LG LCD and my Samsung 51" plasma had problems. Hence warranty/extended warranty is a good option to look for.

Samsung (and LG) will play anything that is thrown at it. Sony may not play many formats :-(

Go out, check with showrooms (and HFV members) and demo. Prioitize your features (warranty is one of them). Enjoy the hunt.

If I finish my purchase in the next few days, I will PM you. Good luck.

NB: All the prices I have quoted are Kerala Onam Festival prices.

In 42", there were capable models in LCDs comparable to plasmas last year also. Higher the size, higher will be the difference.

Samsung 40EH5000 impressed me this year in 50k range. The Sony 40NX520 is barely better in straight viewing but is terrible in off angle viewing.

Blasto, could be true. Last year, I was looking for 50/51" TVs till I ended up with 51D550 - VFM:D. However, three of my friends bought 42/43" Plasmas from Sammy and Panasonic. Sammy 43D450 was 36000, 43D490 was 39000 and 42" U Series Pana for 45K. The equivalent LCD/LEDs were not that comparable (at least in Kerala at that time).

pkr if its ur secondary tv.why not try 35k led projector by dell/acer/ e gate(more cheap...)....just an idea..or good ones like epson/optoma/infocus...at ur range 50k

@Prosenjit, I have an EPSON 8350 :)

The need for the TV is due to the fight between my kids and my wife/mother for the TV. And I can use it as the monitor for my PC as well.

Reserving the projector for the movies for now.

hi all...
If not a plasma...which is the best 42 inches lcd in the price range of 40k? People has been talking problems with 2012 plasma...hence am now looking for lcd. Please suggest.

@Prosenjit, From your signature, I see that you have Sony BX Series. They are giving it at a reduced price. How is the BX Series?

@Prosenjit, From your signature, I see that you have Sony BX Series. They are giving it at a reduced price. How is the BX Series?

It is certainly not a top notch model but for casual viewing and mainly dth, it should be ok.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^correct. BX40 PQ is obviously not at par plasma.....but good.the black levels and shadow detail lacks......otherwise its very nice.....

you have Sony BX Series. They are giving it at a reduced price:D:D
:lol:actually when I bought it I was just checking full hd cheapest model from sony(did not know anyrhing about plasma etc)...led was ugly looking for me...and it was the cheapest full hd..it is serving really well.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back