40 INCH BEST LCD OR LED IN BUDGET OF 40k TO 50k

Now you are really clarifying.
i don,t want to buy plasma
I suggest that you look at the Samsung 5 Series. You should go to the shop and check the various models out and decide for yourself. I already mentioned the 5 Series model earlier.

Don't mention that you have a 50K budget. State that it is only 40K to the shopkeeper. If he is anxious for a sale, he might drop the price.

Hi Raja,
I have been on a similar lookout for one of my friends and have exactly the same budget as you (not possible to go beyond it). I made detailed research and have decided to buy the Sony 40NX520 LCD for 50K (dealer price, without negotiation). I did compare it with samsung series 5 LED 5330 and Sony EX650 and EX520 series LEDs. You may check my detailed review here

http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...x650-samsung-40eh5330-picture-comparison.html

Hope this would be of some help to you.

I appreciate all membrs comments but don,t know what to say ! i posted here to get help for good lcd/led under 50k , but this thread looks like another fight place between led vs plasma users.. Before posting here i was conformed that i will go for lcd/led but now little bit confuse....
Apologies for hijacking the the thread this way. I have posted the plasma vs. LED comments on the right thread, away from here.

TV Buying Guide - LED (LCD) or Plasma

plasmas are boss........no comparison.panny plasmas......
led look like crap while movie.sony lcds are competitors to plasma in tyhetre mode on......but plasma like skin tone and black level is impossible to find in lcds.
leds are yuuk.again saying..only discovery channel look good in that.true movie lovers are never gonna buy except plasma......
whoever is buying just trust ur own eyes.go to showroom with very ggod true hd files.like a movie at least 6gb.....or similar trailor.or play blu ray at the showrrom.and on thestre mode side by side led,lcd,plasma...........just trust ur own eyes.tell the showroom guys to lights off

Last edited:
After couple of days thinking and reading comments on HFV abt plasma, iam also thinking to see demo of plasma too b/c i will be mostly watching cricket on sd channels . My question is can plasma last for 4 or 5 years b/c i don,t want to change tv for next 5 years .. And some membrs are saying plasma is bad b/c of burn in and spider cracks .....

Raja why don't you google them..there are lot of materials on them..as far as spider cracks these things happen cause plasma runs hotter than leds(u know due to higher power requirement of plasmas)...

burn in is history........and remeber if its a plasma..then it shd be panny nothing else.3 yrs warranty.why worry.only panny has a active r&d on plasmas.dont buy samsung or lg

but yes if only u see cricket then u can also opt for lcd or led.plasmas are boss for movies...if u r not hardcore movie watcher then ur dillema is over.buy lcd/led

burn in is history........and remeber if its a plasma..then it shd be panny nothing else.3 yrs warranty.why worry.only panny has a active r&d on plasmas.dont buy samsung or lg

but yes if only u see cricket then u can also opt for lcd or led.plasmas are boss for movies...if u r not hardcore movie watcher then ur dillema is over.buy lcd/led

thanks bro iam not hardcore movie watcher, i want tv for sports (mainly cricket) 50% SD watching(cricket) and 50% HD.

After couple of days thinking and reading comments on HFV abt plasma, iam also thinking to see demo of plasma too b/c i will be mostly watching cricket on sd channels . My question is can plasma last for 4 or 5 years b/c i don,t want to change tv for next 5 years .. And some membrs are saying plasma is bad b/c of burn in and spider cracks .....
On the whole, it is a wise decision to look at all option instead of having a closed mind.

As stated earlier, burn-in (BI) is history but image retention (IR) can be an issue. The difference is IR is temporary while BI is permanent. IR is an issue with LCD/LED also but to a much smaller extent. IR can an issue with plasma if you watch same channel over and over again for very long duration. But this rarely happens because today as soon as we get a commercial break, we change channels. But DTH logo at the bottom will always be present. TataSky is better in this respect because their logo is semi-transparent. However Panasonic plasma has a feature called "Pixel Orbiter" that shift the picture after a discrete internal so that same area is not exposed all the time. And there are thousands of posts on this forum as well as other on how to avoid IR.

The long and short of it, there is no need to be afraid of BI and IR. Just have to be careful.

Secondly panels can go bad. Ask member arnprasad. His LCD panel went kaput after 3 years and the only option was to change the Samsung panel for 60-70k. He went for a brand new 50XT50 instead. So is true with plasma panel also. Yes. It can go bad. Now coming to spider cracks, that has definitely happened. But you see that you will find a complaint post on panel (whether LCD or plasma) only when panel goes bad. Who writes, "I purchased so and so TV n years ago and my panel is still works well".

To make it short again, the % of plasma panels failing would be 1 in 10000; maybe more. Note that any panel can fail. LCD panels also suffer from dead pixels, dead pixel line (one red or blue or green line appearing vertically, etc. Dead pixel line happened with my IBM Thinkpad. It happens with TV also. At least Panasonic provide 1+2 years of warranty on panels. No other brand does that.

My advice is look at pros and cons of both - LCD and plasma. Weigh them both. Factor in your watching habits. Then arrive at a decision. Both LCD and Plasma will last 5+ years or equally likely to fail earlier. Nothing can be guaranteed about electronics.

Completely agree with Mr Kix and if you are no videophile, XT50 should be good enough..invest the money saved into a HT or HTPC or a laptop or most important - additional warranty if panasonic provides. Cricket on HD on my plasma looked divine and infact when I demoed my TV at METRO it was side by side next to a LG 55 inch LED and when he played Star sports HD with cricket in England - it was simply divine on both TVs - your call

On the whole, it is a wise decision to look at all option instead of having a closed mind.

As stated earlier, burn-in (BI) is history but image retention (IR) can be an issue. The difference is IR is temporary while BI is permanent. IR is an issue with LCD/LED also but to a much smaller extent. IR can an issue with plasma if you watch same channel over and over again for very long duration. But this rarely happens because today as soon as we get a commercial break, we change channels. But DTH logo at the bottom will always be present. TataSky is better in this respect because their logo is semi-transparent. However Panasonic plasma has a feature called "Pixel Orbiter" that shift the picture after a discrete internal so that same area is not exposed all the time. And there are thousands of posts on this forum as well as other on how to avoid IR.

The long and short of it, there is no need to be afraid of BI and IR. Just have to be careful.

Secondly panels can go bad. Ask member arnprasad. His LCD panel went kaput after 3 years and the only option was to change the Samsung panel for 60-70k. He went for a brand new 50XT50 instead. So is true with plasma panel also. Yes. It can go bad. Now coming to spider cracks, that has definitely happened. But you see that you will find a complaint post on panel (whether LCD or plasma) only when panel goes bad. Who writes, "I purchased so and so TV n years ago and my panel is still works well".

To make it short again, the % of plasma panels failing would be 1 in 10000; maybe more. Note that any panel can fail. LCD panels also suffer from dead pixels, dead pixel line (one red or blue or green line appearing vertically, etc. Dead pixel line happened with my IBM Thinkpad. It happens with TV also. At least Panasonic provide 1+2 years of warranty on panels. No other brand does that.

My advice is look at pros and cons of both - LCD and plasma. Weigh them both. Factor in your watching habits. Then arrive at a decision. Both LCD and Plasma will last 5+ years or equally likely to fail earlier. Nothing can be guaranteed about electronics.

thanks bro for detailed answer , before posting here i was sure that will go for lcd/led but after reading membrs comments now plasma is also an option, will go to shop and see demo of lcd/led and plasma and then will decide .

Raja sony got 1+2 yr extended warranty,lg got amc so u don't need to worry about getting lcd-leds..and pls google spider cracks u will know it in details.

Last edited:
Raja sony got 1+2 yr extended warranty,lg got amc so u don't need to worry about getting lcd-leds..and pls google spider cracks u will know it in details.
Yes. And so has Samsung. Stores such as Croma also provide extended warranty. But all this comes at extra cost at least 6~8k per year.

thanks bro for detailed answer , before posting here i was sure that will go for lcd/led but after reading membrs comments now plasma is also an option, will go to shop and see demo of lcd/led and plasma and then will decide .
And just as spider cracks are true for plasma, so are dead pixels an issue with an LCD panel. There are equal examples on both sides.

I am not saying that you should buy plasma only. I am saying that you should honestly check out the picture with both TV types. And whenever check out any TV, first ask for the remote and take it out of the extra bright/dynamic/vivid colour setting that shopkeepers do.

Raja most leds/lcds have advanced pic settings which included black corrector/color enhancer/white balance etc and many other settings..u can download manual of led/lcd to know about all settings. If with these advanced settings turned off, u don't like the pic..try turning them on..u will see the difference..

yah lcd-leds have many advanced feuture but due to the type of technnology used for image reproduction in a lcd panel..and plasma panel...the former has lesser capacity to reproduce colour as actual color as seen by bare eyes.......got the point.
plus no motion lag,deep black etc etc......are plasma feutures over lcd, lcd-led...

I reached this thread by searching for Samsung 40EH5000 tv. I was just browsing through some eBay offers and saw 40EH5000 for Rs. 35K. It's LED right? How come it's so cheap. I myself bought Samsung 40" LCD for around 57K two years back. Prices have come down sharply it seems.

I reached this thread by searching for Samsung 40EH5000 tv. I was just browsing through some eBay offers and saw 40EH5000 for Rs. 35K. It's LED right? How come it's so cheap. I myself bought Samsung 40" LCD for around 57K two years back. Prices have come down sharply it seems.

Check whether the deal is with warranty. If yes, then it is a fantastic price.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Check whether the deal is with warranty. If yes, then it is a fantastic price.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

That's the first thing I checked. It's a brand new packed item with one year manufacturer warranty. Don't know how come LEDs so cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back