43 inch Amazon basics fire TV for HDR gaming?

AeonXS

As some of you may know i was crashed and burned with Sony X90H issue, and that was sorted but now i come to know 2021 TV releases are still 3+ months away from release and i don't want to waste money on TU8000 or sony costly big brand TVs, I'd rather save as much as possible for new TV and choose best one that i like.

My requirement is a gaming 4k TV with all HDMI 2.0b ports, which displays HDR in modern games to a pleasurable extent unlike fake HDR TVs, it should have good contrast, decent brightness, color accuracy, decent in built speakers. Would love to keep the purchase around 30K, if i get good low input lag that is a plus. Not interested in chinese brands since only worthwhile TVs they have for gaming are TCL R635, Hisense H9G which don't exist in india.

Going with 43 inch since this will be a temporary TV which I'll shift to another room when i get a new 2021 gaming TV.

Alternatively if anyone knows lemme know if LG CX/BX are still getting 2 year comprehensive extended warranty at 25k or at least 3 year comprehensive warranty instead of 1 year on purchase like the diwali offer. Also the current final price for either of these LG models after bargain upon final purchase moment.

I am very clear about other 2020 TVs so please don't recommend those other hdmi 2.1 TVs as only LG had managed to get hdmi 2.1 working to a decent extent in 2020 models.

Anyway please help fast, if anyone has insider info on Sony, LG, Samsung or panasonic releasing their 2021 models here in india for purchase in the next 2 months then please do tell.

My requirement is a gaming 4k TV with all HDMI 2.0b ports, which displays HDR in modern games to a pleasurable extent unlike fake HDR TVs, it should have good contrast, decent brightness, color accuracy, decent in built speakers. Would love to keep the purchase around 30K, if i get good low input lag that is a plus. Not interested in chinese brands since only worthwhile TVs they have for gaming are TCL R635, Hisense H9G which don't exist in india.
So you want:
  • Name brand (Sony, Samsung, LG)
  • 4:4:4 4k 60Hz 10-bit in all HDMI ports.
  • Good HDR, contrast, brightness, colour accuracy
  • Decent in-built speakers.
  • Under 30k
If you're not sarcastic or on some high-quality weed, let me just tell you that you're delusional. Forget about 30k, you're not gonna get such a TV even for 70k.

Anyway please help fast, if anyone has insider info on Sony, LG, Samsung or panasonic releasing their 2021 models here in india for purchase in the next 2 months then please do tell.
No 2021 TV will release in India in even 4-5 months. You don't need insider info on that, just check out last year's schedule.

So you want:
  • Name brand (Sony, Samsung, LG)
  • 4:4:4 4k 60Hz 10-bit in all HDMI ports.
  • Good HDR, contrast, brightness, colour accuracy
  • Decent in-built speakers.
  • Under 30k
If you're not sarcastic or on some high-quality weed, let me just tell you that you're delusional. Forget about 30k, you're not gonna get such a TV even for 70k.

No 2021 TV will release in India in even 4-5 months. You don't need insider info on that, just check out last year's schedule.
It seems you are delusional without weed & by just merely existing, you missed out on Samsung TU8000 [46K 43 inch, Q60T 43 for 65k, the frame 50 inch 69k] all have the above]. If you really wanted to seem smart the only thing you could whine about in that price range is the input lag. Which i don't expect it to be good, though for 46k tu8000 offers around 9ms so that is still good.

Brightness can be around 400 nits but contrast is the key, i don't wanna go blind with super brightness anyway. Contrast enhances PQ.

Last year it was covid lockdowns, things may change this year with the ease of covid restrictions and basically many people held off buying a TV in 2020 as it was widely conveyed that the 2020 TVs were crap. So companies might want to start soon especially samsung has expressed it wants to sell multi million amount of tvs in 2021 that even surprised AV youtubers.

It seems you are delusional without weed & by just merely existing, you missed out on Samsung TU8000 [46K 43 inch, Q60T 43 for 65k, the frame 50 inch 69k] all have the above]. If you really wanted to seem smart the only thing you could whine about in that price range is the input lag. Which i don't expect it to be good, though for 46k tu8000 offers around 9ms so that is still good.
All of these lack what you're looking for. Q60T and TU8000 have horrible brightness for HDR.

And the Frame 50" is exactly why I said you need to spend 70k to get such a TV. You yourself ask for TVs which don't have fake HDR and now suggesting the garbage TU8000 and Q60T. Hypocrisy much!

You are the one claiming unreasonable expectations and then suggesting TVs which don't even fulfill them. Oh and BTW the TVs you suggested are also over 30k.
Brightness can be around 400 nits but contrast is the key, i don't wanna go blind with super brightness anyway. Contrast enhances PQ.
HDR won't work at 400 nits. Better to watch it in SDR. EOTF curve works on an absolute scale rather than gamma curve for SDR. If you don't have brightness around 500-600 nits at least HDR won't work which is your requirement.

And you probably don't understand how our eyes work. Guess how bright is outside on a sunny day: It's over 50000 nits. I wonder how you haven't gone blind yet huh!

Even if you have a 2000-nit TV you'd not feel much of an eye strain in HDR content in a dark room because of how it's mastered.
Last year it was covid lockdowns, things may change this year with the ease of covid restrictions and basically many people held off buying a TV in 2020 as it was widely conveyed that the 2020 TVs were crap. So companies might want to start soon especially samsung has expressed it wants to sell multi million amount of tvs in 2021 that even surprised AV youtubers.
Last year was usual cycle of launch as every year. No new CES TV is gonna launch in the next 3-4 months, and even later in India.

All of these lack what you're looking for. Q60T and TU8000 have horrible brightness for HDR.

And the Frame 50" is exactly why I said you need to spend 70k to get such a TV. You yourself ask for TVs which don't have fake HDR and now suggesting the garbage TU8000 and Q60T. Hypocrisy much!

You are the one claiming unreasonable expectations and then suggesting TVs which don't even fulfill them. Oh and BTW the TVs you suggested are also over 30k.

HDR won't work at 400 nits. Better to watch it in SDR. EOTF curve works on an absolute scale rather than gamma curve for SDR. If you don't have brightness around 500-600 nits at least HDR won't work which is your requirement.

And you probably don't understand how our eyes work. Guess how bright is outside on a sunny day: It's over 50000 nits. I wonder how you haven't gone blind yet huh!

Even if you have a 2000-nit TV you'd not feel much of an eye strain in HDR content in a dark room because of how it's mastered.

Last year was usual cycle of launch as every year. No new CES TV is gonna launch in the next 3-4 months, and even later in India.
I did mention the prices of the TVs i mentioned, also don't blame me, on rtings website tu8000 is shown to support 4:4:4 4k 60Hz, same goes for q60t. I am also not recommending to anyone, i actually started the thread to get feedback of gaming qualities of 4k 43 inch amazon basics fire tv.

Also a friend of mine has 55tu7000 and the assasins creed valhalla pics of sun in hdr looked decent good, though i don't know if it has various shades of light around the sun like AC Odyssey so i can't really compare much.

And if you read my OP again you will see that i am looking for a cheaper gaming TV to get by till 2021 models hit stores or 2nd option that i am really looking for replies is LG CX/BX thing i mentioned in OP. Do have a look at it

I did mention the prices of the TVs i mentioned, also don't blame me, on rtings website tu8000 is shown to support 4:4:4 4k 60Hz, same goes for q60t.
Supporting 4:4:4: 4k 60 and supporting it on all 4 HDMI ports are very different things. You asked for the latter in the OP, which almost no HDMI 2.0 TV does. Most will only do 4:4:4 on just 1 port.

You asked for these specs in a 30k TV, which are not possible as I mentioned. Then you said it is possible by mentioning much more expensive TVs.
Also a friend of mine has 55tu7000 and the assasins creed valhalla pics of sun in hdr looked decent good
Did you turn HDR off and see if it's worse? To claim something has good HDR, you need to do A/B testing vs SDR. I have a 450 nit monitor and while HDR does look good on it, SDR looks better. On my 700 nit TV, it's the opposite.

If it's good enough HDR for you, then your definition of good HDR is very different. Anything below Samsung Q70R/Q80T is what's considered as fake HDR since they have low brightness and no local dimming.

You specifically asked for TVs without 'fake HDR' and claimed that anything below the level of R635 or H9G is bad. Well, the Q60T, frame and TU8000 are garbage compared to H9G and R635.
And if you read my OP again you will see that i am looking for a cheaper gaming TV to get by till 2021 models hit stores or 2nd option that i am really looking for replies
Not sure what you intended, but your post reads as you want a good HDR TV with 4:4:4 in all 4 ports under 30k. As I mentioned, it's absolutely not possible under 30k. You need to at least spend 75k to get frame 55" for these features. And even the frame will only do so-so HDR.

So what exactly is your requirement? Do you not want good HDR? Do you not need 4:4:4 in all 4 ports and 1 port will do?

Also for gaming HDR, you need the TV to support HGIG which only high end TVs do.

Supporting 4:4:4: 4k 60 and supporting it on all 4 HDMI ports are very different things. You asked for the latter in the OP, which almost no HDMI 2.0 TV does. Most will only do 4:4:4 on just 1 port.

You asked for these specs in a 30k TV, which are not possible as I mentioned. Then you said it is possible by mentioning much more expensive TVs.

Did you turn HDR off and see if it's worse? To claim something has good HDR, you need to do A/B testing vs SDR. I have a 450 nit monitor and while HDR does look good on it, SDR looks better. On my 700 nit TV, it's the opposite.

If it's good enough HDR for you, then your definition of good HDR is very different. Anything below Samsung Q70R/Q80T is what's considered as fake HDR since they have low brightness and no local dimming.

You specifically asked for TVs without 'fake HDR' and claimed that anything below the level of R635 or H9G is bad. Well, the Q60T, frame and TU8000 are garbage compared to H9G and R635.

Not sure what you intended, but your post reads as you want a good HDR TV with 4:4:4 in all 4 ports under 30k. As I mentioned, it's absolutely not possible under 30k. You need to at least spend 75k to get frame 55" for these features. And even the frame will only do so-so HDR.

So what exactly is your requirement? Do you not want good HDR? Do you not need 4:4:4 in all 4 ports and 1 port will do?

Also for gaming HDR, you need the TV to support HGIG which only high end TVs do.
This is the 3rd time I'm saying i want a decent secondary 4k hdr tv for gaming [not a gaming tv but a tv that works good for gaming] till i can get a actual 4k gaming TV with good brightness, contrast, hdmi 2.1, FALD or mini LED or oled.

Also if you check the connection section here you can see all 3 ports of tu8000 are hdmi 2.0b and as per rtings they all are full bandwidth 2.0b

10 bit has been around for years most budget samsung, lg tvs support 4:4:4 4k60, i am not asking for a panasonic tv here which have 2 hdmi 1.4 ports and a single hdmi 2.0b port.

Since amazon basics hdmi cables too support full bandwidth hdmi 2.0b i assume their 4k fire tv does as well on all ports.

I appreciate you trying to help but you are confusing my requirements instead of giving a direct response to the questions asked.

As i said if i get a good deal for LG CX/BX real specific deal i'm looking for in OP or something similar, i'll just get the LG CX/BX as a primary TV, thus eliminating the secondary TV, but if i can't get those oleds for a good deal then i'll buy a secodary tv which can do gaming to a decent extent, this will be my secondary tv, until i can pick a gaming tv from 2021 models, idk how simple can i put it than this.

This is the 3rd time I'm saying i want a decent secondary 4k hdr tv for gaming [not a gaming tv but a tv that works good for gaming] till i can get a actual 4k gaming TV with good brightness, contrast, hdmi 2.1, FALD or mini LED or oled.
The problem is that decent HDR for ₹30k is impossible. For any kind of HDR, you need at least 500 nits of brightness and at least a VA panel. That won't happen under 30k.
Also if you check the connection section here you can see all 3 ports of tu8000 are hdmi 2.0b and as per rtings they all are full bandwidth 2.0b

First of all, you cannot do 4k 60 4:4:4 10-bit HDR with HDMI 2.0b. You can either do 4k 60 4:4:4 8-bit or 4k 60 HDR.

That's why all TVs won't support this from every port. Some ports are for 4:2:0 12-bit (say firestick 4k) and others are for 4:4:4 8-bit.

All ports with HDMI 2.0b are entirely possible, but all ports won't do HDR or 4:4:4. If you need that, you need an HDMI 2.1 TV.
10 bit has been around for years most budget samsung, lg tvs support 4:4:4 4k60, i am not asking for a panasonic tv here which have 2 hdmi 1.4 ports and a single hdmi 2.0b port.

Since amazon basics hdmi cables too support full bandwidth hdmi 2.0b i assume their 4k fire tv does as well on all ports.
Firestick 4k doesn't require 4:4:4 since it's a video based service. Videos are in 4:2:0 but 12-bit.

For video signal you require 4:2:0 12-bit support rather than 4:4:4 8-bit.

Please specify exactly what you want.
I appreciate you trying to help but you are confusing my requirements instead of giving a direct response to the questions asked.
I'm only trying to help you. But your requirements are confusing. Please clarify them.

1. Do you really need 4k 4:4:4 60Hz on all ports? Then you'll need an HDMI 2.1 TV as this combination won't do 10-bit. Most TVs have their HDMI 2.0b ports split between 4:2:2 12-bit and 4:4:4 8-bit.

2. Do you really need good HDR under 30k? Or just HDR in name and certification works?

Not exactly what you are asking for and I am not sure if you use external speakers but might make more sense to pick up a gaming monitor for 30-34k. Something like LG Ultragear 34 inch might make sense.

Though you get 2K compared to 4K, its 144Hz Display, TV's in this range even if 4K won't have variable refresh rate. 4K or 2K at 40 inch honestly doesn't make huge difference. More so since you anyways are planning to update in few months time will be easier resale.

You get Display port so higher bandwidth and HDR 10. G Sync, 1ms response which matters a lot in gaming and nice IPS panel.

Again you already might have some monitors, but if temporary quality gaming display is your requirement, monitor will serve you lot better than TV.

Last edited:
Not exactly what you are asking for and I am not sure if you use external speakers but might make more sense to pick up a gaming monitor for 30-34k. Something like LG Ultragear 34 inch might make sense.

Though you get 2K compared to 4K, its 144Hz Display, TV's in this range even if 4K won't have variable refresh rate. 4K or 2K at 40 inch honestly doesn't make huge difference. More so since you anyways are planning to update in few months time will be easier resale.

You get Display port so higher bandwidth and HDR 10. G Sync, 1ms response which matters a lot in gaming and nice IPS panel.

Again you already might have some monitors, but if temporary quality gaming display is your requirement, monitor will serve you lot better than TV.
Which 2K Ultragear are you talking about? If its the GL850, its 27" and not 34". I doubt there is any other monitor from LG which is 2K at 144Hz. Not to mention, the above model costs 34K only during sales and its currently at 37-38K.

Also, OP did not specify which gaming device he is using right now. Based on his large TV requirements, i think its a console. If he pre-booked a PS5, then 2K monitor makes no sense (Sony is being Anal about 2K support and only supports 1080P and 4K right now). If its one of the older consoles or XBSX, then sure, 2K it is - But not at the price that you quoted. HDR on monitors are crap btw.

I stand corrected (Previous comment)
There is a 32GK650 which is 2K at 144" but its a TN panel and the reviews aren't that great, but still better than budget 30K TV's. Lets see what OP decides.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back