43 inch LED- 4k/ Full HD?

Mohit84

Hello,

I intend to buy a 43 inch tv..I am only bothered by longevity..which has more life? Is Android preferred compared to other os? Should I go for 4k?

Picture clarity is important but don't intend to spend huge on just technology that is of no use..as in I use just for tv watching on fire stick and some YouTube..

Regards and Thanks

With your needs, TV from any brand will do (TCL, Hisense, Vizio, Vu, Xiaomi, etc are all fine). Get a separate firestick if you want good smart tv performance. 4K is pointless at that size unless you're watching from 10cms away. Even 720p videos look great from 8-10 feet away on a 43 incher. Do get a 4K firestick though, helps playing x265 format videos that you could potentially get from..umm..the high seas.

Since this is an enthusiast website, the default replies are often LG OLED or some such, but don't get caught up in the hype. Unless you're a crazy videophile, it'll make no difference.

Recently used a Haier 43" tv for a couple of weeks. It's Android based and i could download every app that I subscribe to. The picture quality was quite good, the same cannot be said for its audio. A sound bar was promptly deployed to take care of audio. The OS was fast, there was no buffering or lag even when connected via wifi with router being in another room.

For casual tv viewing I was quite impressed.

MaSh

With your needs, TV from any brand will do (TCL, Hisense, Vizio, Vu, Xiaomi, etc are all fine). Get a separate firestick if you want good smart tv performance. 4K is pointless at that size unless you're watching from 10cms away. Even 720p videos look great from 8-10 feet away on a 43 incher. Do get a 4K firestick though, helps playing x265 format videos that you could potentially get from..umm..the high seas.

Since this is an enthusiast website, the default replies are often LG OLED or some such, but don't get caught up in the hype. Unless you're a crazy videophile, it'll make no difference.
But the question is what is the life of such brand..I am told that brand's like mi, one plus etc. Are good only for one or two..I am looking where I can use it for say 7-8 years without any problem..I don't mind paying little premium for it..

But the question is what is the life of such brand..I am told that brand's like mi, one plus etc. Are good only for one or two..I am looking where I can use it for say 7-8 years without any problem..I don't mind paying little premium for it..
If you want trouble free ownership with assured reliability, its best to stick to the Big 3/4. Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic.

MaSh

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back