43 inch TV (4K,HDR)

Mayank Shah

Hello. Totally confused with all the terminology. Looking for a 43 inch TV. 4k and should be able to handle HDR, good refresh rate etc. Don't really care about the OS and sound as I will be using Nvidia Shield and HT. Android TV preferable in case Sheild goes down.

General viewing is in the dark with curtains and lights switched off. Focussed viewing so wide viewing angles are not required. Budget under 50k. 43 inch size only please. A few suggestions for LG from my local group. Thanks and stay safe.

Hello. Totally confused with all the terminology. Looking for a 43 inch TV. 4k and should be able to handle HDR, good refresh rate etc. Don't really care about the OS and sound as I will be using Nvidia Shield and HT. Android TV preferable in case Sheild goes down.

General viewing is in the dark with curtains and lights switched off. Focussed viewing so wide viewing angles are not required. Budget under 50k. 43 inch size only please. A few suggestions for LG from my local group. Thanks and stay safe.
Any specific reasons you want to restrict to 43 inch? Since u expect 4k and HDR a 43 won’t suffice. To really notice the difference in pixels you need a decent size. 55 should be good enough. If you still want a smaller size there are few 49 inch models available. Lastly yeah go ahead with 43 if that’s what you want

Yes, 4k wouldn't make sense on a 43 inch size. But that's what I will have to get due to space restrictions.

For HDR (and Dolby vision), you need to have a TV with good brightness.

A few models in Hisense and Toshibha have brightness with 700 nits. Ample enough for HDR.

Have got an entry level Sanyo Kaizen 55 inch 4k HDR for 33k. Certainly not videophile but perfect for our usage, space and eyes. Great way to begin a 4k HDR journey. Thanks to all. Mods please close this thread.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back