46inch BRAVIA or SAMSUNG and LED or LCD

^Congrats! Now enjoy some real blacks, contrast and image depth while watching 24p movies which AFAIK is not available in any LCD's.

Aaaargh.... that we could avail of such pricing in India!!! Approx. 45K INR for a 50 incher, that too G25 series!!! Life IS unfair :)

Last edited:
Panasonic direct called two days ago saying that the P50G25 i ordered was out of stock and may not be coming in stock for a while...so they offered to upgrade me to the GT25 3D model for the same price.

Am expecting delivery of the TV first week of January.

Hi Can anyone brief me about the difference in Sony bravia Ex710 and the LG le5500?

I am little scepticle about LG though,Am i making the right decision for sony 46 EX 710...

Am little too confused...

Both are priced competitively,But its the Brand Sony which i know wont be giving any troubles for years am sure.

My best friend reported that his LG lcd speakers stopped working and the executive that visited, said its an old model and the parts are not available,which itself is quite disturbing for any customer.
Help me choose guys,i know i have made up my mind for Sony 46EX710 !

Then go for Sony. If you go for LG on the advice of forum members and it goes bad then you can't exactly blame someone on an online forum. If the Sony goes bad then at least you can remove your anger/remorse by kicking yourself.

Last edited:
Hi everyone here,

Today i made the purchase of sony KDL 40EX710 for 79900 from croma which will be delivered to me tomorrow.

Did loads of research on the best buy and couldnt think of anything but sony [Although the close contender was LG]

My review will follow soon,but for the moment and the amount of time i have spent researching the lcd's in action my vote goes for SONY BRAVIA.

LG seems brighter when both the sets were playing simultaneously but the fine details and the realism in color is from the SONY BRAVIA EX710 series.[for the price range in consideration]

Pictures and the written matter were crisp [SONY BRAVIA]and fiddling with the settings to default gave me the exact potential of the two in comparison.

Felt like buying 46 inches but then it was way too large for the room,besides it saved me 20 grands which i would be investing in

1.TATA sky HD
[to be relaunched soon,as it is out of stock due to little snag issues]
and
2.YAMAHA RXV667 AV reciever.

For the moment i would say a buyer gets confused when going in for purchasing an lcd in the market.

I would suggest all those aspiring for an lcd to do atleast a month of research before investing the money.

It takes a lot to earn that extra money and then save it for a potential purchase of over 50 grands.

My vote for SONY Bravia LED.

Last edited:
Hi everyone here,

Today i made the purchase of sony KDL 40EX710 for 79900 from croma which will be delivered to me tomorrow.

Did loads of research on the best buy and couldnt think of anything but sony [Although the close contender was LG]

My review will follow soon,but for the moment and the amount of time i have spent researching the lcd's in action my vote goes for SONY BRAVIA.

LG seems brighter when both the sets were playing simultaneously but the fine details and the realism in color is from the SONY BRAVIA EX710 series.[for the price range in consideration]

Pictures and the written matter were crisp [SONY BRAVIA]and fiddling with the settings to default gave me the exact potential of the two in comparison.

Felt like buying 46 inches but then it was way too large for the room,besides it saved me 20 grands which i would be investing in

1.TATA sky HD
[to be relaunched soon,as it is out of stock due to little snag issues]
and
2.YAMAHA RXV667 AV reciever.

For the moment i would say a buyer gets confused when going in for purchasing an lcd in the market.

I would suggest all those aspiring for an lcd to do atleast a month of research before investing the money.

It takes a lot to earn that extra money and then save it for a potential purchase of over 50 grands.

My vote for SONY Bravia LED.

Congo on ur new purchase, it's a damn excellent TV EX710 line-up has ASV panel except one model which has SPVA panel

Hey everyone.got my delivery of SONY KDL40EX710...

Guess what i am actually using the lcd as the PC monitor,the quality is par excellence!

haven,t really got the chance to unravel the HD capabilities,but i am sure it would be stunning.

The Motion flow tech is really wonderful and you really cant make the difference back at the shops,its easy to find how the media you were playing in your old tvs differ from the motion flow/true motion tech avail to the consumer today,unless you play your regular stuff in this LCD.

The interface is needless to say more graphical and the internet video feature if not very useful will be a good time pass for sure.

Virtual surround is added bonus bt for people buying a TV of this sort must have an AV reciever for upscaling the analog media to HDMI format in mind.

Then you can actually have the full benefit of not only full HD LCD but the best you can take out of this FULL HD LED LCD.

Will update the pics soon,the contrast is so high that even my 5 MP nokia is unable to capture the images in its true glory.

Finally i would say i am happy to have made the purchase of SONY over LG although initially it happened by chance that the offers changed and i had to rethink buying LG [keeping aside all the ''bhed chaal'' which go gaga over LG,no offence though]

Be it SONY or LG they are amongst the best,no doubts.

But still they have their own share of customers and longstanding goodwill.
My reason finally to choose SONY over LG were few friends who complained about the people sitting at customer care desks at LG who simply have lame excuses and Petty reasons to put you down in case of a malfunction like that of the LCD speakers even though in warranty.
Imagine you hearing from the executive,"sir,this model you are talking about is outdated now" [one year old model under warranty]

SONY in my knowledge doesn't do like that,A company once known for their TVs.

Last edited:
Panasonic direct called two days ago saying that the P50G25 i ordered was out of stock and may not be coming in stock for a while...so they offered to upgrade me to the GT25 3D model for the same price.

Am expecting delivery of the TV first week of January.

How mauch are u paying for it Buddy, Thanks in Advance

Hey everyone.got my delivery of SONY KDL40EX710...

Guess what i am actually using the lcd as the PC monitor,the quality is par excellence!

haven,t really got the chance to unravel the HD capabilities,but i am sure it would be stunning.

The Motion flow tech is really wonderful and you really cant make the difference back at the shops,its easy to find how the media you were playing in your old tvs differ from the motion flow/true motion tech avail to the consumer today,unless you play your regular stuff in this LCD.

The interface is needless to say more graphical and the internet video feature if not very useful will be a good time pass for sure.

Virtual surround is added bonus bt for people buying a TV of this sort must have an AV reciever for upscaling the analog media to HDMI format in mind.

Then you can actually have the full benefit of not only full HD LCD but the best you can take out of this FULL HD LED LCD.

Will update the pics soon,the contrast is so high that even my 5 MP nokia is unable to capture the images in its true glory.

Finally i would say i am happy to have made the purchase of SONY over LG although initially it happened by chance that the offers changed and i had to rethink buying LG [keeping aside all the ''bhed chaal'' which go gaga over LG,no offence though]

Be it SONY or LG they are amongst the best,no doubts.

But still they have their own share of customers and longstanding goodwill.
My reason finally to choose SONY over LG were few friends who complained about the people sitting at customer care desks at LG who simply have lame excuses and Petty reasons to put you down in case of a malfunction like that of the LCD speakers even though in warranty.
Imagine you hearing from the executive,"sir,this model you are talking about is outdated now" [one year old model under warranty]

SONY in my knowledge doesn't do like that,A company once known for their TVs.

Congrats on your new purchase. Did you audition any of the SAMSUNGs in the same size and range (budget)?

Back