4K Digital Cinema with Active shutter 3D in Bangalore

Dark Knight, Social Network and many other films were shot in 4k digital and now many more are being shot and distributed in 4k and this will only increase.Titanic has been remastered in 4k and converted to 3D, hobbit is being shot in 5k 48fps.

Even though now native 4k content is less, the future is moving towards 4k and is very bright(literally speaking you should see the brightness the cristie 4k projector produces in urvashi) :)

Also upscaled 2k to 4k content seems much superior than watched on 2k projector according to my experience.

What RoC is trying to say is that 4K is still a minority resolution. All of you are right in stating that it is fast becoming the norm but as of today, only a handful of films are natively shot in 4K.

About the Hobbit, why 5K?

What is the maximum line resolution that the human eye can detect and any advancement over that will be held unreasonable ? Is it 10K ??
Kindly comment......

LOL. Anyway for me watching native 4k dark knight re-release and transformers 3D with upscaled 4k were both enlightening . whatever anyone says i just loved the experience and am looking forward for more in the future !!

What is the maximum line resolution that the human eye can detect and any advancement over that will be held unreasonable ? Is it 10K ??
Kindly comment......

It depend on PPI i.e pixels per inch and not just the resolution alone. So screen size also matters.

For human eye anything over 300ppi is approx maximum line resolution but it varies from person to person and also the on the brightness.

What RoC is trying to say is that 4K is still a minority resolution. All of you are right in stating that it is fast becoming the norm but as of today, only a handful of films are natively shot in 4K.

About the Hobbit, why 5K?
Minority? You are guys really need a reality check. Why do you keep overlooking the fact that more than 95%, or let's just say the overwhelming majority of movies, are shot on 35mm film. Which, might I remind you once again, has far more resolution than even 4K. The actual fact is, that in the the developed world, ALMOST ALL movies, are now transferred/mastered and screened digitally in 4K. Please don't start mistaking the miniscule percentage of animated movies, that the 2K rendering might apply to, as representative of what is considered as the standard in digital screening.

The dark Knight rises in urvasi was really superb, no words to describe, the first scene where the flight was taken away, the bassss was ultimateeeee, wonderful experience! If you like super hero movie, must watch this movie in urvasi, I never had this kind of theatre experience before!!!!!

Last edited:
I plan to watch this movie in a "Film" Imax. really looking forward to the scenes shot in IMAX, this movie has about 50 mins of footage shot in IMAX.

I wanted to go to imax hyderabad but somehow couldnt :(. But 4k dark knight rises in urvashi was pretty epic as well !!

The dark Knight rises in urvasi was really superb, no words to describe, the first scene where the flight was taken away, the bassss was ultimateeeee, wonderful experience! If you like super hero movie, must watch this movie in urvasi, I never had this kind of theatre experience before!!!!!

Did they have subtitles in urvashi?

I wanted to go to imax hyderabad but somehow couldnt :(. But 4k dark knight rises in urvashi was pretty epic as well !!

Yes it will be, especially for IMAX footage. The IMAX shot scenes still retain lot of details and look spectacular even at 1080p, so those scenes will look even more spectacular at 4k. Evidence of this is the "Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol" bluray. The details in IMAX scenes is out there to see, even at 1080p compared to rest of the film.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back