4K Firestick not working with Home Theater - Yamaha yht 1840

mr_si81

Hi all,

Just set up the Yamaha yht 1840 very excited.

PROBLEM: Firestick not working with AV receiver - No display or audio

SETUP:
Firestick 4K HDMI input on AV Reciever
AV output to both Sony Bravia TV and also a projector - no image displayed from Firesticks input

TROUBLESHOOTING: PS4 Works fine plugged into the AV receiver and displays on the tv/projector from AV Output.

For some reason the Firestick as an input to the HDMI is not working.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi, have you tried connecting the FireStick directly to TV? If this seems to be working, try a different HDMI-in port on the AVR.
Also just check on the power input for the firestick, hope you are using the power adapter that came along with it.

Hi all,

SETUP:
AV output to both Sony Bravia TV and also a projector - no image displayed from Firesticks input

TROUBLESHOOTING: PS4 Works fine plugged into the AV receiver and displays on the tv/projector from AV Output.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have the same issue with Mi Box S. When connected to HDMI on Pioneer AVR there is no display or audio. I tried two different ports and both didn’t work.

It works just fine on the TV. So I’m routing audio from TV to AVR.

Hi all,

SETUP:

Anyone got any ideas?

I guess similar issue, check below thread.

Fire Stick 4K works perfectly with YHT 1840, I used this set-up for a while. Did you connect the ARC port from the AVR to the ARC port of TV?

Just try taking your AVR's output from a regular HDMI HDCP 2.2 port to a regular HDCP 2.2 input on your TV, removing the ARC/eARC connection,. It should help perhaps. It was the thing that finally worked for me after trying many many options from changing output resolution to refresh rates etc etc.

I have the same issue with Mi Box S. When connected to HDMI on Pioneer AVR there is no display or audio. I tried two different ports and both didn’t work.

It works just fine on the TV. So I’m routing audio from TV to AVR.

correction: it’s Mi Box 4K

correction: it’s Mi Box 4K
Step 1 - Connect mibox to tv. In mibox settings under display select resolution input from tv to off position and remove it and connect to avr and check now.
If it doesnot work still,connect back to tv and select mibox to 1920 *1080 and then reconnect to avr.
If it works now then u have to enable 4k enhanced mode in ur avr (bd/dvd button + power on off button tigether in avr)

Step 1 - Connect mibox to tv. In mibox settings under display select resolution input from tv to off position and remove it and connect to avr and check now.
If it doesnot work still,connect back to tv and select mibox to 1920 *1080 and then reconnect to avr.
If it works now then u have to enable 4k enhanced mode in ur avr (bd/dvd button + power on off button tigether in avr)

hey thanks so much man...will try it!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back