5.1 channel amplifier required - I have speakers

shashankrevankar

Hello All,

I have an old Altec Lansing FX5051 audio system. It was a wonderful home theatre setup until the amplifier stopped working.
It switches on and gives hissing sound in speakers but no audio output.

I want to buy an amplifier which suits these speakers because I love the quality of these speakers.
Quick Specs
Front Speakers - 12W / channel @ 4ohm @ 10% THD
Rear Speakers - 12W / channel @ 4ohm @ 10% THD
Center - 13W @ 4ohm @ 10% THD
Subwoofer - 28W @ 8ohm @ 10% THD

Detailed specs - https://images10.newegg.com/Manufacturer-Brochure/Manufacturer_Brochure_36-113-009.pdf

Can anyone point me to a readily available amplifier that I can use for these speakers?
I am also okay with DIY stuff if I get an amp board.
Thanks

P.S - If anyone thinks that the existing amp can be repaired, please tell me a shop who can do it in Bangalore.

I want to buy an amplifier which suits these speakers because I love the quality of these speakers.
Quick Specs
Front Speakers - 12W / channel @ 4ohm @ 10% THD
Rear Speakers - 12W / channel @ 4ohm @ 10% THD
Center - 13W @ 4ohm @ 10% THD

Most of the speakers, excluding the subwoofer is rated at 4 ohms and a freq resp of 150Hz - 20Khz, so it should work with any AVR..

Can anyone point me to a readily available amplifier that I can use for these speakers?

What is your budget for amplifier ?..

I am not sure about the range. I guess couple of thousand bucks should be ok. I m thinking 5-15k. Does that make sense?

Most, entry level AVR is outside your budget, and some might not handle 4 ohms speakers..

Good to look for used AVR either on forum classifieds (or) OLX.. Whichever model you come across, check the specs if it would handle 4 Ohms speakers..

Is your subwoofer active (or) passive?..

It is passive.

Ok. Then you wouldn't be able to re-use that subwoofer with AVR.. But, with some chip amps for subwoofer (which am not aware), you should be able to re-use the subwoofer with AVR.. DIY members would be able to guide you on that..

Suggest you to share actual / clear pics of the subwoofer, for more detailed inputs..

It should.....you can hook all the speakers...including passive subwoofer......later you can add a powered subwoofer

Digital inputs are Optical and Coaxial.......HDMI can go to the TV........and Audio to the AVR......

There are other models too...these can handle 4 ohms load with no sweat at all......

Read the specs carefully then place your order...

All the best!

This will be within 11k to 14k.......you can always ask for discount ;)

There are tpa3116 based 5.1 boards for 2k and add a meanwell power supply for another 2k plus 0.5 k for a cab , i think it won't disappoint you

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back