5.1 Channel using TPA3116

RSRAMESH

Hi Folks,

Thinking of building a simple 5.1 channel amp using TPA3116 (for front, center and surround) and TDA3920 ? for subwoofer.

Source - Oppo bdp103 : 5.1 Analog Output

All the Amp boards will be sourced from ALIEXPRESS/EBay

Please let me know.

Cheers
Ramesh S

Is it comparable with TOPPING amplifier besides 2 and 5 channels.

I presume you are referring to TA2020 chip, I think TPA3116 is more power ful than TA2020 also got good reviews.

I am not sure about compatibility, any suggestions ideas welcome.

Please let me know.
What exactly it is that you want to know?
any other woofer amp chip i can consider ?
To the best of my knowledge, no chip is specifically built for a woofer. I may be wrong here though.
I am not sure about compatibility, any suggestions ideas welcome
Compatibility with what exactly?

What exactly it is that you want to know?

Would like to use 5.1 analog out of Oppo 103 to build a custom amp using TPA3116/TDA8920, will it work will if i buy 3 TPA3116 amp board and use one for FRONT right/left, one for SURROUND right/left and one for CENTER/SUB ?

To the best of my knowledge, no chip is specifically built for a woofer. I may be wrong here though.
Compatibility with what exactly?

I thought TDA8920 would be a better chip for woofer, from your answer i understand there is no amp chip available specifically for Sub Woofer, this answers my question, thank you.

I am also thinking of using TA2020 based amp in my XUV5OO, have any one tried this option in your vehicle?, any inputs suggestions please.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back