5.1 Completion Recommendation

abdulla33

So guys I have been using a 2.0 setup consisting of 3030i and Denon 2400h AVR. I want to complete the 5.1 setup and need to get the remaining speakers. I am kind of confused with the options and any help is welcome. Its a dedicated room 12X20ft (Listening position 16 ft from front). Usage is moving matching and gaming.

Centre Speakers: 3090ci is finalised to match the LCR.

Subwoofer:
1. QB12 from Q acoustics for 45k
2. BIC pl200 for 46k
3. Sonodyne 1012 - don't have the price
Or please suggest any other options I should consider. Of the three I am leaning towards qb12 as it will be a matching set, has got good reviews and I am happy with 3030i so expecting similar performance from q acoustics.

Surrounds:
Lots of questions here
1. Q acoustics 3010i/3020i as surrounds. They are quite deep speakers that are rear ported so placement might be awkward but not impossible.
2. Sonodyne 3540 angled speakers - Ease of placement, but they are 85db sensitivity and don't know how well they integrate with rest of the system. But they are cheap so maybe I can increase the sub budget.
3. Sonodyne 3440 dipolar speakers - I don't see any love for dipolar speakers here in the forum. Any particular reason FMs don't use these? I read placement is hard with dipolars.
4. Polk S10 / S15 as they have mountable options and have no rear ports.
5. JBL control one / polk owm3 / or any cheaper bookshelf
Or please suggest if I should look into something else.

Any kind of help is welcome.

So guys I have been using a 2.0 setup consisting of 3030i and Denon 2400h AVR. I want to complete the 5.1 setup and need to get the remaining speakers. I am kind of confused with the options and any help is welcome. Its a dedicated room 12X20ft (Listening position 16 ft from front). Usage is moving matching and gaming.

Centre Speakers: 3090ci is finalised to match the LCR.

Subwoofer:
1. QB12 from Q acoustics for 45k
2. BIC pl200 for 46k
3. Sonodyne 1012 - don't have the price
Or please suggest any other options I should consider. Of the three I am leaning towards qb12 as it will be a matching set, has got good reviews and I am happy with 3030i so expecting similar performance from q acoustics.

Surrounds:
Lots of questions here
1. Q acoustics 3010i/3020i as surrounds. They are quite deep speakers that are rear ported so placement might be awkward but not impossible.
2. Sonodyne 3540 angled speakers - Ease of placement, but they are 85db sensitivity and don't know how well they integrate with rest of the system. But they are cheap so maybe I can increase the sub budget.
3. Sonodyne 3440 dipolar speakers - I don't see any love for dipolar speakers here in the forum. Any particular reason FMs don't use these? I read placement is hard with dipolars.
4. Polk S10 / S15 as they have mountable options and have no rear ports.
5. JBL control one / polk owm3 / or any cheaper bookshelf
Or please suggest if I should look into something else.

Any kind of help is welcome.
Hi Abdulla,
Congratezz for ur new AVR & Speaker..thats good speakers u have bought .
Matching center to go for 3090I so u dont feel mismatch the dialogues or tone vocal quality ..
Coming to Sub..my suggestion would be 1.Rythmik L12/LV12F entry range.
2. SVS SB 1000 or PB 1000
3.XTZ 10.17
then comes to BICPL200I budget best
HTS12 budget best..

Surrounds:
Which have less work to do bt considering ur fronts look for Polk S15 or JBL or even u can think of Indiqaudio indian brand which is good too which would match for over all speakers sounding..

Regards
Naveen

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back