5.1 Completion Recommendation

abdulla33

So guys I have been using a 2.0 setup consisting of 3030i and Denon 2400h AVR. I want to complete the 5.1 setup and need to get the remaining speakers. I am kind of confused with the options and any help is welcome. Its a dedicated room 12X20ft (Listening position 16 ft from front). Usage is moving matching and gaming.

Centre Speakers: 3090ci is finalised to match the LCR.

Subwoofer:
1. QB12 from Q acoustics for 45k
2. BIC pl200 for 46k
3. Sonodyne 1012 - don't have the price
Or please suggest any other options I should consider. Of the three I am leaning towards qb12 as it will be a matching set, has got good reviews and I am happy with 3030i so expecting similar performance from q acoustics.

Surrounds:
Lots of questions here
1. Q acoustics 3010i/3020i as surrounds. They are quite deep speakers that are rear ported so placement might be awkward but not impossible.
2. Sonodyne 3540 angled speakers - Ease of placement, but they are 85db sensitivity and don't know how well they integrate with rest of the system. But they are cheap so maybe I can increase the sub budget.
3. Sonodyne 3440 dipolar speakers - I don't see any love for dipolar speakers here in the forum. Any particular reason FMs don't use these? I read placement is hard with dipolars.
4. Polk S10 / S15 as they have mountable options and have no rear ports.
5. JBL control one / polk owm3 / or any cheaper bookshelf
Or please suggest if I should look into something else.

Any kind of help is welcome.

So guys I have been using a 2.0 setup consisting of 3030i and Denon 2400h AVR. I want to complete the 5.1 setup and need to get the remaining speakers. I am kind of confused with the options and any help is welcome. Its a dedicated room 12X20ft (Listening position 16 ft from front). Usage is moving matching and gaming.

Centre Speakers: 3090ci is finalised to match the LCR.

Subwoofer:
1. QB12 from Q acoustics for 45k
2. BIC pl200 for 46k
3. Sonodyne 1012 - don't have the price
Or please suggest any other options I should consider. Of the three I am leaning towards qb12 as it will be a matching set, has got good reviews and I am happy with 3030i so expecting similar performance from q acoustics.

Surrounds:
Lots of questions here
1. Q acoustics 3010i/3020i as surrounds. They are quite deep speakers that are rear ported so placement might be awkward but not impossible.
2. Sonodyne 3540 angled speakers - Ease of placement, but they are 85db sensitivity and don't know how well they integrate with rest of the system. But they are cheap so maybe I can increase the sub budget.
3. Sonodyne 3440 dipolar speakers - I don't see any love for dipolar speakers here in the forum. Any particular reason FMs don't use these? I read placement is hard with dipolars.
4. Polk S10 / S15 as they have mountable options and have no rear ports.
5. JBL control one / polk owm3 / or any cheaper bookshelf
Or please suggest if I should look into something else.

Any kind of help is welcome.
Hi Abdulla,
Congratezz for ur new AVR & Speaker..thats good speakers u have bought .
Matching center to go for 3090I so u dont feel mismatch the dialogues or tone vocal quality ..
Coming to Sub..my suggestion would be 1.Rythmik L12/LV12F entry range.
2. SVS SB 1000 or PB 1000
3.XTZ 10.17
then comes to BICPL200I budget best
HTS12 budget best..

Surrounds:
Which have less work to do bt considering ur fronts look for Polk S15 or JBL or even u can think of Indiqaudio indian brand which is good too which would match for over all speakers sounding..

Regards
Naveen

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back