5.1 custom made audio project for my car

rkp10001

Hi guys

I started this project to make my car sound better a while back.
so far I have invested on an android car radio deck that has an inbuilt DSP Dolby. I with a lot of reluctance ordered that as it’s Chinese made and I wasn’t sure about the so called DSP and Dolby.

Went for two sets of infinity component speakers(RMS 90w) . Added a four channel amp (RMS 90/Channel). And when I wasn’t happy with the output of lower frequencies then I added British audio’s vibe CVEN underseat sub. So finally it’s sounding awesome with surround sound effect and clarity of sound is outstanding

...except that when i watch any movies or movie clips I surely have noticed a lack of vocals and missing coordinated sound in between, which I am assuming its because of absence of a center channel speaker.
So now the last leg of this project to add a center channel speaker on the dashboard. I am procuring a sound processor that has 6 audio outs with one for the central channel. Managed to get a small 10 inch size horizontal centre speaker calked skc 395 from onkyo. It’s a passive speaker I reckon.

CAN I CONNECT THE CENTER SPEAKER DIRECTLY WITH THE PROCESSORS CENTER SPEAKERS AUDIO OUT? Or it would need an amp power?
If it will work technically even without an. Amp but not with the best of output then I can always add an amp later. Are there any single channel / center channel amp?
Apologies for asking so many questions as I am really clueless here and don’t want to end up spending money without having to know if it’s gonna work or not and I must admit I don’t understand about this subject much.

Would really appreciate if there is some one who can suggest me how do I conclude this project I had started.
thanks and cheers!!

Could you please provide the links to all the components, so that members can check the specs and suggest accordingly?

Also, what was the reason for this setup? Were you always wanting a HT setup in your car?

I am assuming this is for when you are parked somewhere for camping or something as it would be extremely dangerous if you intend to watch movies while driving.

MaSh

noticed a lack of vocals
you may need a pair of midrange, cross it from 300 to 5000 hz. go for 24 db slope.
I am procuring a sound processor that has 6 audio outs
go for DSP with minimum 8 ch out. go for an active setup here. ( 2 for tweeter, 2 for midrange, 2 for midbass, 2 for sub). check out Helix, Arc Audio and Mosconi DSPs for car audio which can offer better tuning features. This way you will get complete sound stag on your dash including the sub even if its installed in Boot.

Could you please provide the links to all the components, so that members can check the specs and suggest accordingly?

Also, what was the reason for this setup? Were you always wanting a HT setup in your car?

I am assuming this is for when you are parked somewhere for camping or something as it would be extremely dangerous if you intend to watch movies while driving.

MaSh
Center channel speaker :- its 6ohms 100w rms. 150w peak power https://onkyo.unicindia.in/2018/12/ht-s3800-home-theater-system.html?m=1

5.1 processor :-
Rs. 2,442.72 35%OFF | DAC615 DTS Digital 5.1 Audio Decoder Converter Gear DAC Bluetooth BT 5.0 US B Music Player SPDIF Optical Coxial input FLAC APE A

Play of sounds with multispeaker is quite fascinating to say the least. I started this project just to change the speakers and got drawn into it fully. My head unit dspdolby play incredible surround sound while i play some video content except when i stream a movie online surely experience the void of vocals. And when music input is put through i see a missing vocals in between so i move to nondolby mode.

Notwithstanding, its playing great at this moment and i prefer listening to it over my bose cinemate that i use for music at home. Have ordered the 5.1 processor giving me the audio out for central channel.

No my friend i have absolutely no plan to watch video content while driving.

The question :- is central channel output mono or stereo? Can i not bridge the two channel amp and route it to the central speaker?

you may need a pair of midrange, cross it from 300 to 5000 hz. go for 24 db slope.

go for DSP with minimum 8 ch out. go for an active setup here. ( 2 for tweeter, 2 for midrange, 2 for midbass, 2 for sub). check out Helix, Arc Audio and Mosconi DSPs for car audio which can offer better tuning features. This way you will get complete sound stag on your dash including the sub even if its installed in Boot.
Thanks for the input bala. I would check out helix, arc audio and mosconi

let me be explicit in explaining the doubts I have :-
My processor (pix attached) have single Rca sound out. So I am assuming it a mono signal that the central channel gets. Am I right in assuming that ? The reason I am asking this because I can either add a power speaker or passive speaker as a center channel.

If powered :- there are two sockets on the back of the speakers with positive and negative slots. And I have one sound out rca. How is the connection going to happen?

if passive :- i would have to add an amp. Would two Channel bridging work ? What mode ? - stereo or mono or parallel? The speaker has 6 ohms and has an rms of 100w with peak power 150w. Can I play this with a 4ohms amp? What Should be the power of that 4 ohms amp? Checked out and not finding 6 ohms car amplifiers in several ecom sites so wondering if I can technically use a 4 ohms amp without damaging speakers or the amp itself.

sorry I loaded a lot of questions. And I hope I have shared all relevant info to understand it clearly.

look forward to some advise/guidance

Thanks and cheers

7C41BE4D-BAC7-4579-B560-556D73DA3FE2.jpeg
Center channel speaker :- its 6ohms 100w rms. 150w peak power https://onkyo.unicindia.in/2018/12/ht-s3800-home-theater-system.html?m=1

5.1 processor :-
Rs. 2,442.72 35%OFF | DAC615 DTS Digital 5.1 Audio Decoder Converter Gear DAC Bluetooth BT 5.0 US B Music Player SPDIF Optical Coxial input FLAC APE A

Play of sounds with multispeaker is quite fascinating to say the least. I started this project just to change the speakers and got drawn into it fully. My head unit dspdolby play incredible surround sound while i play some video content except when i stream a movie online surely experience the void of vocals. And when music input is put through i see a missing vocals in between so i move to nondolby mode.

Notwithstanding, its playing great at this moment and i prefer listening to it over my bose cinemate that i use for music at home. Have ordered the 5.1 processor giving me the audio out for central channel.

No my friend i have absolutely no plan to watch video content while driving.

The question :- is central channel output mono or stereo? Can i not bridge the two channel amp and route it to the central speaker?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back