5.1 Home Theatre for 45K

Which one should I go for

Samsung LA40A610
LG Scarlett 42LG60FR
Sharp LC 42A65
VIERA TX-42LZ80
Sony KLV 40V400A

A guy from Croma told me that Scarlett Series would be phased out very soon. Is that true ?

Also from another post, I learnt that Croma is selling LA-40A650A at a discount (76,500)..:eek:

Or should I go with the LG 80 as said by suprateep...

As Plasmas have low native resolution(1024 X 768)...would that mean they cannot display HD Ccntent better than LCD..

Where is viera TX-42LZ80( LCD?) available?price?

dude i have certain reservations about LG since their HR head came to our Bschool and lectured us about how they treat trainees and new management joinees at their company (it was gross).

Anyway apart from that - however when i look back a lot of equipment including an AC (bought it 30% of the price at friend was moving abroad - was less than 1 year old), Washing Machine and a Fridge are of LG - which speaks volumes about the VFM they provide.

Go for the LG 80 - 42" at around 70-75k (bargain for 70k) its a steal. great performance, great detail and colours unlike the others (even the panny LCD is prone to some green errors though not noticeable to general public and can be fixed with calibration) - has great sound too. Anyway it was mnetioned as the best performer at multiple sites as well as magazines such as Digit and AVmax (i guess).

Dear Rajesh ,

I think you should consider the Energy Take classic or Athena LS 500 5.1.

There is a limited period offer on Athena.

Happy hunting

Sandy

Guys..

I bought these yesterday..

LG 42 LH70...Its awesome ! (Rs.75000)

Amplifier: Yamaha HTR 6140 (Rs.19000)
Speakers: HTS NS 8390 (Rs.13000) and HTS NSP 60 (Rs.8000)

Thank you Suprateep and everybody for your help...

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back