5.1 home theatre package within Rs. 50000

mkm

Hello everybody! I am new to this forum. I want to buy 5.1 HT package within Rs. 50000/-. I have a 32" LCD TV. I dont have much idea of HT packages, but I have the ear to listen good quality sound. The HT package should include two floor standing speakers. My preferences are mostly for movie, but audio quality should also be fare. I live near Durgapur, West Bengal. So the availability should be around durgapur/kolkata.

Hello everybody! I am new to this forum. I want to buy 5.1 HT package within Rs. 50000/-. I have a 32" LCD TV. I dont have much idea of HT packages, but I have the ear to listen good quality sound. The HT package should include two floor standing speakers. My preferences are mostly for movie, but audio quality should also be fare. I live near Durgapur, West Bengal. So the availability should be around durgapur/kolkata.

Hi,

50 K is a good budget for a 5.1 and I am sure you will pick up a good set eventually. But, I'd advice you google some more about HT's, HTIB's, and AVR's, Ohms, wattage and most importantly decoders and connectivity.

I put a couple of links here FYI. You could also keep digging into this forum for more knowledge.

Abt Electronics Home Audio Receiver Buying Guide
AV Receiver Buying Guide- AxiomAudio

We will talk of brands and prices once you have gathered enough stuff.

Best

Deepchand

Dear All ,

I am new to the group good that ,my requirement was already posted in this thread but some additional details.as am not much familiar with the Hi-fi systems you help will be greatly appreciated.

am planning to buy r Home theater total to spend 1.2 lakhs which includes bellow

50 k for 7.2 home theater (Receiver ,Speakers and cables)
20 k for dvd player .
50 k for LCD.

i would like to go for TX-SR608 Receiver , i would like to know about speakers ,which brand to buy,if possible please provide prices.

am so much confused about the speakers as there are so many brands with pros and cons.

Any suggestion on above requirement highly appreciated.

Sunil

Dear All ,

I am new to the group good that ,my requirement was already posted in this thread but some additional details.as am not much familiar with the Hi-fi systems you help will be greatly appreciated.

am planning to buy r Home theater total to spend 1.2 lakhs which includes bellow

20 k for dvd player .
50 k for LCD.

i would like to go for TX-SR608 Receiver , i would like to know about speakers ,which brand to buy,if possible please provide prices.

am so much confused about the speakers as there are so many brands with pros and cons.

Any suggestion on above requirement highly appreciated.

Sunil

The budget you've decided for the receiver and the 7.2 Channel speakers would fall terribly short.. I would suggest to re-allocate the budget and go for lesser number of channels..

Dear All ,

20 k for dvd player .
50 k for LCD.

Assuming your primary requirement is movies and not music, do also give your room size as it will help in offering suggestions.

Are you sure you want to look for a dvd player or want to move to a blu ray player?

DVD players are in the 5k range and the budget blu rays are in the 10k range.

Add that budget to your receiver/speakers/cables.

Unless your room is really large you can put off the second sub woofer for later. Since most blu rays and all dvd's only give 5.1 you might get better value with a 5.1 speaker system.

For pricing, there are separate threads under the speaker sections which will give you a range of speakers under different price bands.

For a 50k budget, you might be better off with a Htib like the Onkyo options rather then a separate receiver and speakers which may go beyond your budget.

Dear All Thanks for all your suggestion.

Budget is not a matter ,but i would live to have a high end Receiver and speakers ,mainly to experience best audio and video.i can go little more higher in the budget till 75000 Rs for Home theater.

Please suggest 7.2 Receiver and Speakers brand for the same.

Sunil

hey sunil welcome to forum..

20k for dvd player is too much.. u can get a good one for 4-5k or a bdp for 10k

\and 75k is decent amount to start with

however if u are investing that amount i would suggest you to

build ur htib sequentially.. get an avr.. then front speakers and slowly add the sub and surrounds. that way u will be able to get the best out of ur money.

try auditioning denon,marantz,yamaha. see what sound rings a bell in ur heart.

Hi,

50 K is a good budget for a 5.1 and I am sure you will pick up a good set eventually. But, I'd advice you google some more about HT's, HTIB's, and AVR's, Ohms, wattage and most importantly decoders and connectivity.

I put a couple of links here FYI. You could also keep digging into this forum for more knowledge.

Abt Electronics Home Audio Receiver Buying Guide
AV Receiver Buying Guide- AxiomAudio

We will talk of brands and prices once you have gathered enough stuff.

Best

Deepchand

Hello Deepchand, thanks for your reply. According to your advice I have done some research and already baught Denon 1611. And also extended my budjet upto 75000/-. But cant afford more than that. My room size is 16' X 12'. I have also chosen some speakers after going through some threads in this forum and also considering my budget. My budget is around 45000/- coz already spent 29000/- on AVR.
I have chosen-
1. Polk Tsi 300 FS
Polk Cs 10 for centre
Wharf 9.1 bookselvs for rear
and Wharf SW 150

another option may be-
2. Sonodyne Sonus 2605 FS
Sonodyne Sonus 2401 Centre
Wharf 9.1 bookselvs for rear
and Wharf SW 150

Do the above configuration match? I have only auditioned Sonodyne in durgapur. It sounds really good to me. I cant do frequent audition as I live near Durgapur and for audition I have to go to Kolkata.

I need suggessions from the experts in this forum.

I would suggest going for Monitor Audio or Wharf 9.2 or above.

Try to not go for Polk.

Wharf 9.5 + 9.2 should do a good job.

Monitor Audio is very good too, some models may not have that much bass though.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back