5.1 Home Theatre Setup for 20k

DeepsHere

Hi everyone..!!

I was interested in upgrading my audio. I was thinking about Sony IV300 or the Sony HTR3 soundbar. After reading their reviews here, I guess I shouldn't go for it. But having such a tight budget constraint, I couldn't find any system that fits the budget. So if you have any ideas for a decent setup, kindly suggest them. I want bluetooth connectivity and any such wireless feature.

P.S: I really love bass. I want to feel that earth shattering rumble in explosive scenes. I know I'm asking too much here.

Last edited:
Hi everyone..!!

I was interested in upgrading my audio. I was thinking about Sony IV300 or the Sony HTR3 soundbar. After reading their reviews here, I guess I shouldn't go for it. But having such a tight budget constraint, I couldn't find any system that fits the budget. So if you have any ideas for a decent setup, kindly suggest them. I want bluetooth connectivity and any such wireless feature.

P.S: I really love bass. I want to feel that earth shattering rumble in explosive scenes. I know I'm asking too much here.
For your budget you can go for used HTIB from Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo etc...

Check out the Logitech Z906. Suits your budget and requirements. Has got good reviews too.
If I can look at Z906, then I can surely look at IV300 coz I personally feel it's a much better system. It has multiple inputs, ARC, Bluetooth, NFC and so on.

Please forget about bass. All these Sony passive sub produces is chuffing and muddy bass which makes me want to puke. It sounds so disgusting. So many fights I have had with my neighbors. They play it loud and it really disturbs me with its shitty subwoofer. I really don’t understand how pple listen to it. You will not have any thump or bass. Check out the Logitech z906. It has very good reviews and one FM I know personally used this and gave good feedback.

Please forget about bass. All these Sony passive sub produces is chuffing and muddy bass which makes me want to puke. It sounds so disgusting. So many fights I have had with my neighbors. They play it loud and it really disturbs me with its shitty subwoofer. I really don’t understand how pple listen to it. You will not have any thump or bass. Check out the Logitech z906. It has very good reviews and one FM I know personally used this and gave good feedback.

I understand that, but when I personally tried various Logitech systems at stores, nothing caught my attention. Another system that looks nice is Yamaha's NSP41 Speaker package. https://www.ooberpad.com/products/yamaha-ns-p41-5-1-channel-home-theater-speaker-package. But it reached my budget with that. How much will an AV cost (used) if I am supposed to buy this package?

I understand that, but when I personally tried various Logitech systems at stores, nothing caught my attention. Another system that looks nice is Yamaha's NSP41 Speaker package. https://www.ooberpad.com/products/yamaha-ns-p41-5-1-channel-home-theater-speaker-package. But it reached my budget with that. How much will an AV cost (used) if I am supposed to buy this package?
The one u checked may be the standard 2.1 or the 5.1 for PC use. This was made for HT purpose and has good reviews. It has an active subwoofer which will be way better then the Sony passive sub. Cost of used avr depends on the model and how old it is. Should cost you 10-15k for the most basic model

Is there any other option other than sony and logitech? Or any bargain sale going on where I can grab systems like yamaha, pioneer or onkyo? I can stretch a bit from 20k. I really need a good av system which will surely last the years to come. Connectivity is a priority as I need HDMI ARC which sadly doesnt come with Z906. I need bluetooth too. Sony is fine with the connectivity side but the sound quality isnt up to mark. Guess small budget folks like me cant dream for a good system.

Is there any other option other than sony and logitech? Or any bargain sale going on where I can grab systems like yamaha, pioneer or onkyo? I can stretch a bit from 20k. I really need a good av system which will surely last the years to come. Connectivity is a priority as I need HDMI ARC which sadly doesnt come with Z906. I need bluetooth too. Sony is fine with the connectivity side but the sound quality isnt up to mark. Guess small budget folks like me cant dream for a good system.
Basic avr with a 5.1 will cost u 30-40k

I just saw an offer for Yamaha YHT-1840 on Amazon for 28k. Sony IV300 is 22k on Amazon. So if I stretch that extra 6k, will it be worth it? I havent seen anything with a proper AV Receiver and Speaker set for this price.

I just saw an offer for Yamaha YHT-1840 on Amazon for 28k. Sony IV300 is 22k on Amazon. So if I stretch that extra 6k, will it be worth it? I havent seen anything with a proper AV Receiver and Speaker set for this price.
Yht1840 will be better then Sony for sure. Check if it has active or passive subwoofer

I have this package and was thinking of selling it. If u are interested then u can pm me.

So I finally purchased YHT-1840 because it was on sale on Reliance Digital store and the fact that they also provide warranty from Yamaha sealed the deal. It was 28450 on Reliance, 29150 on Amazon. I'll post updates as I get it. Thanks everyone from helping prevent a mistake in buying Sony IV300. Thank you all.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back