5.1 HT for 70-80k

goenkakushal

hello everyone I want to buy a 5.1 home theater with a budget of upto 80k including Speakers and Amp. please suggest me what should i go for i dont mind going for floor standing or bookshelf or satellite speakers. Which brand should i consider ??

hello everyone I want to buy a 5.1 home theater with a budget of upto 80k including Speakers and Amp. please suggest me what should i go for i dont mind going for floor standing or bookshelf or satellite speakers. Which brand should i consider ??

onkyo 606 for 36-38k (onkyo 607 has no s video and 7.1 analog in or would have suggested this).
Polk CSI 10 center = 10k
Polk TSI 100 = 11k (pair)
Polk TSI 300 = 20k (pair)
Polk pSW 110 = 12k

Should be around 80k. Great combination for movies.

You can opt for the Denon 1909 if you want a balanced performance between music and movies.

Yamaha rx663 - 35k
wharfedale 9.2 - 15k wharfedale centre - 11k, wharfedale surrounds - 10k
wharfedale Sub 150 - 18k.

else:
yamaha 663 with
Mission 34i, mission centre and surround, wharfdale sw150 for 90K.

Kindly audition and decide.
Thanks,
Prakash.

One of the best combo's I've heard is the Yamaha 663/863 AVR and the Q-Acoustics 1010i 5.1 package. You can add 2 FS to this and make it a 7.1 package. In terms of performance for movies and music its unbeatable at this budget.

Yamaha rx663 - 35k

else:
yamaha 663 with

Thanks,
Prakash.

+1 to that. Prakash you seem to like missions a lot - what equipment do you have with you? Mission centers? how muc man - i was looking for the m3c2i - but its going expensive here.

+1 to that. Prakash you seem to like missions a lot - what equipment do you have with you? Mission centers? how muc man - i was looking for the m3c2i - but its going expensive here.

I don't have mission speakers, but i happened to audition mission m32i, mission m35i, wharfe 9.5 and 9.6 simultaneously with same source[sony dvd player] and Yamaha AVR.

I can say mission outplays wharfes well for the money and in the midrange. Kenny G was the cd that played, when connected to missions the saxophone came alive, with wharfedales it was sweet, but i could clearly see that some coloration has been added to saxophone and the midrange was somewhat struggling to come out unlike missions.

Mission m35i easily outplays 9.5, but when compared with 9.6, 9.6 provided better sound stage than mission m35i. But in midrange[where the human ear is sensible the most] mission delivers the most.

No idea of mission centres price though and i haven't auditioned too.

I have auditioned wharfedales 9.cs and 9.cm centre speakers twice. It is extremely powerful and lively. It was once paired with onkyo and another time with Yamaha.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Yamaha rx663 - 35k

else:
yamaha 663 with

Thanks,
Prakash.

Thanks prakash, can u tell me which warfe centre,surrounds ur talkin abt.. as in model sumber or series or sumthin.
And i had visited on of the shops who told me warfe 9 diamond will cost 70k so what is the diff

Thanks prakash, can u tell me which warfe centre,surrounds ur talkin abt.. as in model sumber or series or sumthin.
And i had visited on of the shops who told me warfe 9 diamond will cost 70k so what is the diff

Prakasse has configured the Wharfedales with 9.2 bookshelves as front speakers. Instead of this, if you use the floor standing 9,5, the cost will go up by another 10 to 15K and land somewhere around 70K.

Cheers

I was talking about 9.cs for center,9.dfs for surrounds.

Kindly get the configuation from dealer for 70k.

where can i find mission in mumbai.. also please guide me which places in mumbai should i visit in order to audition few good speakers

amps

A simple question
can u please arrange the foll from best to worst
  • Harmon/Kardon
  • Denon
  • MAntraz
  • Sharewood
  • Yamaha
  • Onkyo

and u think if ny other brand fits in please mention it.
budget 15-20k prolly need around 100 Rms

Guys,

please help me with this decision.

I have a friend who can get me an AVR from US. These are the prices I m getting for the 220-240v models including the shipping and extra baggage charges and *excluding* customs:

Denon 1909 $490 ( Rs. 25K)
Denon 1910 $570 ( Rs. 28K)
Yamaha 663 $570 ( Rs. 28K)

I will most probably either pair it with QA 1010i or Wharfedale 3.1 speakers.

70 music 30 movies usage.

Is it worth the hassle?
Also where can I audition the above speakers?

Thanks in advance,
Naresh

Last edited:
I have a friend who can get me an AVR from US. These are the prices I m getting for the 220-240v models including the shipping and extra baggage charges and *excluding* customs:

If these are online prices, please send me the URLs, am particularly interested in 220-240v models availability in USA.

If these are online prices, please send me the URLs, am particularly interested in 220-240v models availability in USA.

Yes these are online prices. Samstores dot com. Hope I m not voilating forum rules.

Can you please answer my original q? :)

I will most probably either pair it with QA 1010i or Wharfedale 3.1 speakers.

70 music 30 movies usage.

Naresh,

Since you have put music as priority, you might want to check out CA and Marantz as well. These are more musical than denon, although denon is a better alrounder imo.

Another point to check would be to get an AVR with Pre-outs. This will help you easily integrate a 2 channel dedicated stereo amp - should you want to set up a hifi in the future and share the main speakers.

Most of my friends who had set up expensive HTs more or less use it mainly for music only. An occasional movie during the weekend is not ruled out but watching movies is proving to be a very time consuming for most thanks to the hectic schedules or the weekend chores :)

Happy auditioning!

Naresh,

Since you have put music as priority, you might want to check out CA and Marantz as well. These are more musical than denon, although denon is a better alrounder imo.

Another point to check would be to get an AVR with Pre-outs. This will help you easily integrate a 2 channel dedicated stereo amp - should you want to set up a hifi in the future and share the main speakers.

Most of my friends who had set up expensive HTs more or less use it mainly for music only. An occasional movie during the weekend is not ruled out but watching movies is proving to be a very time consuming for most thanks to the hectic schedules or the weekend chores :)

Happy auditioning!

you have scared me quite a bit :)

Realized early on that movies usage will be less.

I have overstretched already so not keen on planning upgrades. I might end up with a 2.0 or 3.0 setup if the wharfedale's have bass enough for me in the fronts. Stereo is out as well cos I don't want to be tied down to music only.

With this in consideration what's the advise?

Last edited:
I recently bought almost similar configuration what prakasse told & Venkatcr suggested -

Yamaha RXV663 - I bought from US so don't know India price must be 35K
Wharfedale 9.1 bookshelf - 13000
Wharfedale 9.5 floor - 30000
Wharfedale 9.cs - 11000
Wharfedale Sw150 - 21000 (Havent bought till yet- short of budget ;) )
(5% Discount from dealer)
1 Year warranty
VAT included
(I bought this system in Delhi)
I am totally satisfied with the system and could not imagine better than this in this price range. Personally I did not liked Polk TSI series (good for movies) reason is I am music listener & not big fan of watching movies @ home (I prefer going to movie theaters). But as everyone says on this portal - always believe on your ears - audition them and then make decision.

~
rav

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back