5.1 speakers for my AV receiver

satishjha

Hi,

I recently bought Sony STR-DN840 7.2 Channel 1050-Watt A/V Receiver.
Amazon.com: Sony STR-DN840 7.2 Channel 1050-Watt A/V Receiver (Black): Electronics

I am looking for 5.1 speakers for my AV receiver and need help for the same.
The room where I am doing the setup is 12*16.
My budget is 15-20K. Can stretch up to 25K at max.

I was thinking about Yamaha NS-P40.
NS-P40 - Speaker Packages - Yamaha - India

I am doing this setup basically for music. Please suggest some best 5.1 speakers for me.

Guys,
Didn't hear anything on this yet. Your help much appreciated. From last one week my av receiver is kept unused and I am eagerly waiting for replies to finalize the speaker system for my AVR. Please provide your valuable input.

Guys,
Didn't hear anything on this yet. Your help much appreciated. From last one week my av receiver is kept unused and I am eagerly waiting for replies to finalize the speaker system for my AVR. Please provide your valuable input.

You can consider the Sonodyne Sonus series of speakers.... These are the cheapest speaker you can get for your money but offer better performance than any Satellite systems...

you can consider Sonus 1501 BS (11K) + Sonus Center C2501 (8K) for the time being... Later when you have budget you can get the Sonus Rears (13K) & any subwoofer of your choice....

Search - Sonodyne

If you are placing the order in hifimart, you can use the coupon code & get 10% discount.....

consider polk TL1600 5.1 package for your budget

had a Yamaha setup before (NS-55, NS-C120 & NS-E105) and its not good

Audition speakers with your AVR before you buy them, Sonodyne will be close to 70K for the full setup and they are as expensive as most of the foreign brands.

Audition speakers with your AVR before you buy them, Sonodyne will be close to 70K for the full setup and they are as expensive as most of the foreign brands.

Auditioning speaker with your amplifier holds good for stereo amplifier than AVR....

As far as my experience with AVR's, there is lil to no difference between AVR sound output.... I have owned Onkyo/Marantz/Harmon/kardon, listen to Yamaha/Denon with the same speakers.

Only Marantz AVR has different sound signature....The rest Onkyo/yamaha/Denon almost have the same with not much of noticeable difference....

@Premblr - which combination of Sonodyne speakers were you refering for 70K setup?

Even AVRs need to be matched with speakers. There are many FMs who have done so right in this forum. I have seen the difference in the way an Onkyo/ Denon or Yamaha sound...

For Sonodyne, you can go to hifimart and do a comparo, even the cheapest Sonodyne package will be close to 70K.

Last edited:
Even AVRs need to be matched with speakers. There are many FMs who have done so right in this forum. I have seen the difference in the way an Onkyo/ Denon or Yamaha sound...

For Sonodyne, you can go to hifimart and do a comparo, even the cheapest Sonodyne package will be close to 70K.

Ok.. Regarding the AVR sounds different, opinions differ...I take it if you have heard the difference between AVR....

Regarding the Sonodyne speakers, i picked the Genie satetllite speakers with Roar 108 subwoofer, did the maths and it costs 55K exactly after discount...

Do you recollect any international brand satellite speakers with the same material (Aluminium) and costs same as Sonodyne ?

Ok.. Regarding the AVR sounds different, opinions differ...I take it if you have heard the difference between AVR....

Regarding the Sonodyne speakers, i picked the Genie satetllite speakers with Roar 108 subwoofer, did the maths and it costs 55K exactly after discount...

Do you recollect any international brand satellite speakers with the same material (Aluminium) and costs same as Sonodyne ?

Is by any means aluminium enhance the sound quality? Can you compare genie satellite speakers with polk RM6750 package and tell me if it is comparably better. RM6750 along with denon1513 costs 56k in profx.

Freq reponse Sensitivity
Genie : 130 Hz ~ 20 kHz 87db
RM 6750: 45 Hz - 20000 Hz 89db

Sorry i made a mistake calculating the prices of Genie 1...

Genie 1 pair costs is Rs 8,550 per pair.... So Rs 4,275 Per piece... x 5 pieces = Rs 21,375 + Sonodyne Subwoofer Raor 108 = Rs 18,910 = Rs 40,285 (Total before disocunt).. After applying 10% disocunt = Rs 36,257

Is by any means aluminium enhance the sound quality? Can you compare genie satellite speakers with polk RM6750 package and tell me if it is comparably better. RM6750 along with denon1513 costs 56k in profx.

Freq reponse Sensitivity
Genie : 130 Hz ~ 20 kHz 87db
RM 6750: 45 Hz - 20000 Hz 89db

Aluminum is said to be good for speaker construction then MDF....Google about aluminum speaker cabinet & you will know yourself...

If am not wrong, i think Polk RM 6750 is made of plastic...You are comparing a speaker made of plastic with speakers made of Aluminium....

Sorry i made a mistake calculating the prices of Genie 1...

Genie 1 pair costs is Rs 8,550 per pair.... So Rs 4,275 Per piece... x 5 pieces = Rs 21,375 + Sonodyne Subwoofer Raor 108 = Rs 18,910 = Rs 40,285 (Total before disocunt).. After applying 10% disocunt = Rs 36,257

Aluminum is said to be good for speaker construction then MDF....Google about aluminum speaker cabinet & you will know yourself...

If am not wrong, i think Polk RM 6750 is made of plastic...You are comparing a speaker made of plastic with speakers made of Aluminium....

whether it is plastic or aluminium sound output what matters my friend. You dint said anything about the sound quality i gave the facts abt freq response and sensitivity.You can google and tell me if Freq response,sensitivity and output power watts important or aluminium , mdf plastic is more important.

whether it is plastic or aluminium sound output what matters my friend. You dint said anything about the sound quality i gave the facts abt freq response and sensitivity.You can google and tell me if Freq response,sensitivity and output power watts important or aluminium , mdf plastic is more important.

I don't want to Hijack this thread from the OP who is enquiring abt the speaker combinations... I ll quit the argument here....

We can have a separate thread to debate Sonodyne Products Vs Intl products ranage, their offerings, their pricing, their features, the material used & all of them :thumbsup:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back