5.1 Surround System with Sony LED TV and TataSKy DTH

velu26

One more question how will be usage with these combination ?

1. Standard DTH may be (Sun Direct/ TataSky)
2. LED TV Sony 40R452 (No optical out only Analog )
3. 5.1 - Sony DA 215 with 600 W (No optical out only Analog )

Is it possible to get 5.1 surround system in above combination

Often will be using the DTH connection on TV. I heared from someone standard DTH wont provide the 5.1 surround system. So, there is no use of having the Digital/Optical output option in TV and 5.1.
Do I need to buy the DTH HD to get 5.1 surround effect ?.

If you want 5.1 audio from DTH then go for HD DTH and stay away from mass market HTs like Sony, Samsung. Go for a proper AVR based HT like Yamaha 196 or Onkyo 3500.

Also remember, only HD channels have the 5.1 surround sound transmission. SD channels are in stereo.

Often will be using the DTH connection on TV. I heared from someone standard DTH wont provide the 5.1 surround system. So, there is no use of having the Digital/Optical output option in TV and 5.1.

Suggest you to stay away from Sony HT. What is your budget? Yamaha 196 will go for about 24K and Yamaha 299 for 35K. When you hear a Sony and Yamaha you will know the difference. I just bought Yamaha 299 and i was surprised with the sound clarity in demo. Still waiting for the installation guy to fit it at home.

And get a HD DTH for 5.1 sound.

Sun Direct HD is a very bad option either go with Tata sky HD or AirtelHD box. Optical is the best option for you to transfer audio from Setup box for good quality in audio.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back