50 inch budget dilemma

Appears to be a good deal:)
The only gripe is that I couldn't find a 49" fhd micromax for 30K or less:indifferent14:
A 49 incher fhd listed at flipkart shows 33.9K:sad:

https://www.flipkart.com/micromax-124-46cm-49-inch-full-hd-led-tv/p/itmex3rxyhnuvueh?pid=TVSEX3RXYBRBMAE6&srno=s_1_5&otracker=search&lid=LSTTVSEX3RXYBRBMAE6M0LEIB&fm=SEARCH&iid=d055e5e9-11c7-4ba7-84f1-cca0b24abf84.TVSEX3RXYBRBMAE6.SEARCH&qH=c432142024c1552d

This TV is 34K in Flipkart with 3 yrs MMX warranty.. You also get 10 + 5% off when you use Axis bank cards, which effectively makes it 30.5K..

Also it has got poor brightness as well as contrast ratio..

Survival & servicing of TV is much more important than the brightness & contrast ratio..:)

Anyways how do you say it has poor brightness & contrast ratio.. ?

Thanks but is it better than Sanyo which is the same price with 1+2 yrs warranty(after cash back)?

I don't find 2 yrs extended warranty for Sanyo..Where did you find this information..Could you share the link for extended warranty details ?

Isn't Sanyo the better brand?

Not sure.. But Sanyo went missing for a while in India.. But, recently absorbed by Panasonic, which gives some hope..

Any additional features in the Micromax?

Looks like Micromax has 3 HDMI inputs and 3 yrs warranty out of the box, while Sanyo has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 yr warranty out of the box, backed by Panasonic..

Roll the dice..:)

I'm not sure what type of LED panel sanyo is using. It just mentioned LED. But Micromax mentioned DLED.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just bought a VU 49 inch TV (not a smart one) for 30k from Flipkart. I'm impressed till now. The warranty is about 3 years with the 2 years extra warranty.

Using the Amazon Fire TV and sideloaded all the apps so it's pretty much more useful than a Smart TV.

I would really recommend it from a personal perspective.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what type of LED panel sanyo is using. It just mentioned LED. But Micromax mentioned DLED.

Type of LED panel is either IPS versions (or) VA versions..Usually there is mention of IPS, if used..Else it must be VA panel..

Direct LED (DLED) and Edge LED are back-lit methods.. If the depth of the TV is similar to "Britannia Biscuit", then most likely it is Edge LED.. Direct LED TV will be slightly thicker than Edge LED..

I don't find 2 yrs extended warranty for Sanyo..Where did you find this information..Could you share the link for extended warranty details.

Roll the dice..:)

Found it at the time of checkout, you can choose to buy one or two years extended warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, unless something dramatic happens, I'm going for the Sanyo. The only reason is the better brand value (totally irrational I know but then decisions are rarely purely rational). Can't get myself to buy a micromax or tcl somehow. There's also a smart version of the Sanyo @~37k but don't think it's worth it. Did consider the TCL smart for a while but that was more for the Bluetooth headphone option which my fa-in-law could use (to watch Arnab at earsplitting volumes without keeping the whole house awake [emoji6]) but don't think this one feature is worth so much.

Let me know if you have any contrary views or any better deals have popped up in the meantime.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found it at the time of checkout, you can choose to buy one or two years extended warranty.

Ok.. They are 3rd party extended warranty, but not manufacturer..

So, unless something dramatic happens, I'm going for the Sanyo. The only reason is the better brand value (totally irrational I know but then decisions are rarely purely rational).

Sanyo is also a good choice..

Can't get myself to buy a micromax or tcl somehow.

That sums it :)

Well well.....
I didn't expect that from such a senior member like you.Nevertheless,that doesn't appeal to me.
The specifications of the mentioned model speaks for itself.It has a brightness of 250 nits and the static contrast ratio is 50:1.:sad:
This TV is 34K in Flipkart with 3 yrs MMX warranty.. You also get 10 + 5% off when you use Axis bank cards, which effectively makes it 30.5K..
If that be the case,Sanyo @flipkart shall go to around 29K and Vu to around 27.5.
himeshj said:
Sanyo is providing additional one year warranty only for its 2016 models and not the 2017 models:cool:
U may have a look at Sanyo India website:)

I just bought a VU 49 inch TV (not a smart one) for 30k from Flipkart. I'm impressed till now. The warranty is about 3 years with the 2 years extra warranty.

Using the Amazon Fire TV and sideloaded all the apps so it's pretty much more useful than a Smart TV.

I would really recommend it from a personal perspective.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I am also looking at Basic 49 inch TV plus firestick/chromecast.
Is sideloading browser etc easy as i understand they don't come with pre installed browser. How doyou browse -Any keyboard needed for ease of operation.
Which of the two is better?

Well well.....
I didn't expect that from such a senior member like you.Nevertheless,that doesn't appeal to me.

Long story short.. I have a bitter experience with "Sony LCD TV", arguably one of the best brands & best PQ (5 yrs back)...Paid abt 57K for a 46 incher, paid an additional 7.5K and secured it with 2 yrs additional extended warranty.. Unfortunately, right after the extended warranty expired, my TV developed panel issues and i was asked to shell out 40K for panel replacement.. I didn't budge, and the using the TV withe the panel issue..

I didn't have Micromax LED Tv back then.. If i had, i would have bought MMX and been happy for total 9 years for the same budget.:)

The specifications of the mentioned model speaks for itself.It has a brightness of 250 nits and the static contrast ratio is 50:1.:sad:

Don't read much in to technical specs.. Even a worst LCD screen will not have 50:1 contrast ratio.. It by all means in a mistake..It should have been 500:1..

If that be the case,Sanyo @flipkart shall go to around 29K and Vu to around 27.5.

Sanyo is providing additional one year warranty only for its 2016 models and not the 2017 models:cool:
U may have a look at Sanyo India website:)

Sanyo is 29K, but comes with 1 yr standard warranty.. As a promotional offer, they are providing 1 yr for 2017 model, which is still short of what MMX provides (3 yrs).. out of the box...

It is up to you to decide what you like.. Suggestion was towards a brand that offer maximum warranty out of the box..:)

I'll still suggest you to get infocus 50 inch, no Tv can beat in PQ under 30k at 50 inches. Color reproduction so good on it.

I'll still suggest you to get infocus 50 inch, no Tv can beat in PQ under 30k at 50 inches. Color reproduction so good on it.
I agree with U completely. But the company Infocus appears to be obsolete at least for now as far as Indian scenario is concerned.
Neither flipkart nor Amazon have the stock.And snapdeal is selling it for more than 35K.Connectivity options are limited.Also it has just One year warranty:sad:
I have to buy a 50 incher this Diwali and am vacillating between VU 6535 and Sanyo S7200F.Earlier I had almost decided on VU but now coming to this thread,the Sanyo appears to be better:cool:
More inputs within a day or two is what I expect the most.Keep in mind guys we are talking about 50" budget HDTV.A VFM in most aspects,is what we are looking for:)
Thanks...

This may not be super budget. I am looking at Panasonic 49E 400D basic model and got offer for 42000 plus 10% ICICI cash back plus some 2.1 speakers. 1+1 (panel for second year) from Pana. There is still some space for bargaining.I wanted to go for bigger brand and picture quality is terrific for the price and compares well with budget offering form LG,Samsung etc at around 12000 price difference. Sufficient brighteness from IPS panel.

I was in the same dilemma . Ended up buying the Panasonic 147 cm (58 inches) TH-58D300DX Full HD LED TV . As you can't go wrong with Panasonic and last year i had ordered a 43" in January, which is still doing a great job.

Posting Amazon link below :

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-147...ic+th-58d300dx+147cm+(58+inch)+full+hd+led+tv

Can u tell me the minimum distance required for set top box SD content and also HD for seeing without pixelation, for the 58 incher

Can u tell me the minimum distance required for set top box SD content and also HD for seeing without pixelation, for the 58 incher

Ideally it would be between 7 to 8 Feet. There are plenty of sites where you can look the same up.

Screen size Viewing distance range for 1080p HDTVs
40" 5.0-8.3 feet
43" 5.4-9 feet
50" 6.3-10.4 feet
55" 6.9-11.5 feet
60" 7.5-12.5 feet

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science

TV Viewing Distance Calculator: What Screen Size To Buy?

I also looking to replace my 32" TV with new one. Is buying 43-50" in 4k panel is good idea ? What about HDR ? Is it worth to spend 80k + for all this technology?

Thanks, and also consider the XT-49S7200F instead of the XT-49S7100F since the launch year is 2017 and the price difference of 2000 doesn't matter much. Panasonic is providing additional one year extra warranty on the Flipkart.

https://www.flipkart.com/sanyo-nxt-123-2cm-49-inch-full-hd-led-tv/p/itmewdeexgvack2j

Looking for a full HD non-smart basic TV. Sanyo seems VFM. What is the difference between XT-49S7100F and XT-49S7200F apart from the additional HDMI port and speakers. XT-49S7100F seems costlier than XT-49S7200F on amazon!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back