50' TV For 12*10 room?

Divya

Hi !!
I am planning to buy samsung PS50B550..I am confused if it is the right choice to go for 50' for 12*10 room? Or should i go for 40'?
I prefer having a large screen but then i dont want to strain my eyes .....

Also, my room is neither very bright nor dimly lit..(Normal light)So which one i should prefer? Plasma or LCD?

what is the best price going for this model and the offers for diwali?

Please reply asap!!

Divya

Last edited:
Hi !!
I am planning to buy samsung PS50B550..I am confused if it is the right choice to go for 50' for 12*10 room? Or should i go for 40'?

Also, my room is neither very bright nor dimly lit..So which one i should prefer? Plasma or LCD?

Divya

What's the actual viewing distance?
Dimly lit and perfectly dark rooms- Plasmas
For rooms with plenty of light coming in during day and normal night time viewing-LCDs.
Sorry am unable to really judge your viewing and light environment

well if its around 12 feet 50" would do fine,but if its around 8 feet it will quite big for eye comfort,imo.
also the placement or the direction of the light is important,if u have glossy screens and there is lots of glare/reflection,no point in having great contrast.

Hi !!

Also, my room is neither very bright nor dimly lit..(Normal light)So which one i should prefer? Plasma or LCD?

Divya

Hi:

Welcome! I think your room is not very big nor very small. Having said that, with your room size in mind, am guessing your viewing distance from your eyes to the screen to be at the max 10 feet. For that kind of viewing distance, I would heartily recommend a 42" - will give lots of viewing pleasure and with no neck or eye strain.

With respect to plasma or LCD, i also think for your room condition, a plasma would be the way to go. I too had the same confusion few years back, have a huge French door to the side of the plasma, but heavy curtains cover them - the pictures are a joy to watch.

:)

Hi !!

Divya

My personal opinion is that a 50" tv would be a bit on the larger end for a room size of 12'x10'.

I really like these size guides and hope they are of some help..
Choosing Screen Size and Placing Your TV
Television buying guide - CNET Reviews

a graphical representation (sourced from Top 10 HD Misunderstandings at David Loves Life )
resolution_chart.png

peace.
~kg

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back