55" budget 4K TVs

surfatwork

Thinking of a 55". What would you guys suggest?
Aesthetics is not very important - I am going to wall mount it. Picture quality is priority 1, then the rest. Dont have budget for the big boys, so considering the budget brands like Vu, Mi, TCL etc.
How essential is a "Smart TV"? Can't I just plug in a firestick and make any tv smart?

Thinking of a 55". What would you guys suggest?
Aesthetics is not very important - I am going to wall mount it. Picture quality is priority 1, then the rest. Dont have budget for the big boys, so considering the budget brands like Vu, Mi, TCL etc.
How essential is a "Smart TV"? Can't I just plug in a firestick and make any tv smart?
If you are looking for a VFM .. wait for TCL 55" 55C6 to hit the market ... In bangalore TCL brandstores got the 65C6 .. may be within a month the 55" will be available. Note: If buy TCL ; buy it from TCL brand Store only .

I was also waiting for 55C6 .. but couldnot wait anymore .. went for Panasonic.

I had a TCL- Iffalcon 55K2A model. Pic quality was really good but in case you need customer service for anything then you get a nightmare. To replace the panel of this tv they are asking for 56K (the cost of TV is 36K). I'm following with them for the last 2 weeks but not getting written quotation from them.

If picture quality is your priority, get a TV which has full array local dimming (FALD). I'm not aware if the Indian TCL models have them, but the high-end Sony for sure has it.

All the 2nd and 3rd grade brands are always a hit and miss. The service of TCL - Iffalcon are always pathetic. As long as the TV works it is fine but once you have any problem (most certainly you will) you will be at the mercy of these TV service center and the dealer where you have bought this TV will just wash the hands off stating that they do not play any role for the service of the TV. Experienced this with TCL LED TV and vowed never to buy these kind of brands anymore.

You can look at Samsung 6100 series.
FALD tv’s are expensive and will almost cost double. Flipkart has sale going on with 2000 off on samsung plus extra 4000 off in case you want to exchange.
For budget around 40k look at vu and TCL and buy from croma , you’ll get 3 year warranty on TCL.
As suggested by other fm to wait for 6 series TCL, If you can then wait for, it 6 series is the best selling TCL worldwide.
Thomson is pathetic.
Yes you can plug in firestick and make any tv smart. But you won’t find a non smart 4k tv. You can go the firestick route if the tv of your choice doesn’t have the apps you want.

I also have a VU Premium Android TV, I like both Picture and TV quality.
I am also interested in this tv. Will you post detailed review regarding brightness ( both in SDR & in HDR), 1080p upscaling to 4K. How is native 4k playback thru USB port & thru any media player (if used, using HDMI enhance mode)? Thanks in advance.

I am also interested in this tv. Will you post detailed review regarding brightness ( both in SDR & in HDR), 1080p upscaling to 4K. How is native 4k playback thru USB port & thru any media player (if used, using HDMI enhance mode)? Thanks in advance.
Please go for at least 10bit panel VU is only 8bit, go to any store take a demo and decide, also check for HDCP 2.2 pass through to enjoy 4k HDR10 content from any external source device, if not you'll be disappointed later.

I am a novice when it comes to video. All I know is to turn it on, adjust brightness/contrast/sharpness /color settings as per some calibration patterns and enjoy :)
As far as I am concerned, the TV provides an excellent image with HD or 4k video. I am assuming here that HD channels, amazon prime, hotstar, netflix etc provide either HD or 4k when they claim high quality. I havent checked (and don't know how to check) if it's HD or 4k. But I liked what I saw. I have a firestick, cable (hdmi) and internet TV and I like what I see. Admittedly, the picture quality on SD channels isn't great, but I guess that's to be expected.
As for 8bit or 10bit,sorry,i have no idea. But does that really matter? Would it be noticeable in a blind test?

Today Aiwa re-enter with qled cheap tv.i think we should have new thread for new launch.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back